PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Link to the Al Jazeera Report: The Dark Side. (Peyton Manning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't see anything in their list of services regarding fertility treatment. I suspect that this clinic was dispensing HGH illegally to the Manning household regardless of the reason for doing so. That in and of itself is a huge story. This clinic is going down and in the process the good Dr. may start cooperating with an ambitious DA looking to make a name for themselves by taking a big name down.

Manning can still be a "good guy" and have done this. Desperate to recover from a neck surgery, probably at the lowest point of his life, figures he won't do it long term, just to recover. Lying now out of fear.

This doesn't mean he's a bad person, just an aging professional athlete with a killer competitive drive and a lot to live up to.

When you are doing things that you know are unjust, then you will become unjust to keep the secret. The things paranoia can do to a person. Anyone remeber the story of Dorian Gray? I'm sure Armstrong and Woods were good guys too before their secrets caught up with them. These are pro athletes trying to get an edge, when people find out that they had to cheat to get ahead, all the glory would be for naught. So if he was on the juice, chances are he's not a good person. You're just blinded by that fake persona his image consultants and make up crew put on front of you, in those corny commercials.

Don't see anything in their list of services regarding fertility treatment. I suspect that this clinic was dispensing HGH illegally to the Manning household regardless of the reason for doing so. That in and of itself is a huge story. This clinic is going down and in the process the good Dr. may start cooperating with an ambitious DA looking to make a name for themselves by taking a big name down.

From my understanding it would be illegal to prescribe HGH for fertility purposes. The Doctor prescribing it would face up to 5 years in prison etc..

HGH (Human Growth Hormone): Uses and Side Effects

In adults, approved uses of HGH include: (anything outside of these uses is considered Off Label which in regards to HGH is illegal)

• Short bowel syndrome, a condition in which nutrients are not properly absorbed due to severe intestinal disease or the surgical removal of a large portion of the small intestine
  • HGH deficiency due to rare pituitary tumors or their treatment
  • Muscle-wasting disease associated with HIV/AIDS

Growth hormone for anti aging and age related problems is illegal

Distributing or aiding and abetting in the distribution of (e.g. prescribing) growth hormone (and anabolic steroids) for antiaging, athletic enhancement and age-related decline in GH is illegal

The Secretary of HHS and thus the FDA have indicated that hGH for adults is allowed for only three conditions:

• wasting syndrome of AIDS
  • short bowel syndrome
  • Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency Syndrome (AGHD)*
*AGHD is NOT simply the decline in hGH with age; it is a very specific, very rare condition (usually due to a pitutiary gland tumor or treatment of the tumor)that must meet two diagnostic criteria:

Ho.Le.Crap.

This guy makes Alex Guerrero look like Mother Theresa

This guy is a piece of work. Serves his wife divorce papers and fires here....all on the same day. LOL

AND he is still getting divorced after serving her 6 years ago. hahaha

AND he is still getting divorced after serving her 6 years ago. hahaha
Ive never been divorced but assumption is that she is going after hidden money and has hired a financial forensics team to investigate. As I understand it, that is typically why these take so long.

From my understanding it would be illegal to prescribe HGH for fertility purposes. The Doctor prescribing it would face up to 5 years in prison etc..

HGH (Human Growth Hormone): Uses and Side Effects

In adults, approved uses of HGH include: (anything outside of these uses is considered Off Label which in regards to HGH is illegal)

• Short bowel syndrome, a condition in which nutrients are not properly absorbed due to severe intestinal disease or the surgical removal of a large portion of the small intestine
  • HGH deficiency due to rare pituitary tumors or their treatment
  • Muscle-wasting disease associated with HIV/AIDS

Growth hormone for anti aging and age related problems is illegal
Pretty much what Mike McCann said on quick slants. I wouldn't be surprised if the feds investigate, probably MLB too. PM may be collateral damage.

Ive never been divorced but assumption is that she is going after hidden money and has hired a financial forensics team to investigate. As I understand it, that is typically why these take so long.
Or they could be fighting over the value of the practice, an "equitable division" of property. You can get an expert to say almost anything if you pay them enough, which we are all familiar with in light of recent events....Dueling experts sucks up money along with legal fees..
If it was over the value of the practice, she ought to settle soon because once the DEA and Feds ( not the local DA, and they have deeper pockets and more resources)get into it, it can be a messy situation and the value will likely decline greatly.

I've been divorced and all I had was a rusty truck so it went pretty quickly. haha

I've always found that "half your stuff" rule really stupid. When a divorce occurs, the remaining assets should be split up exactly according to how much was contributed to the marriage. If its a dual income family, then by all means split it 50/50. But if the wife (or husband) just stayed home all day and contributed nothing, then that's what they should receive - nothing, regardless of whatever lifestyle they've become accustomed to during their mooch fest.
So the only way one can contribute to a family is financially? Interesting take.

In regards to splitting financial assets, I would say yes. The wife is taking the kids pretty much no matter what, so the man is usually behind the 8 ball from the start. Why should they also be entitled to half of the financial assets if they didn't contribute to acquire them? JMO.

This will end well....

In regards to splitting financial assets, I would say yes. The wife is taking the kids pretty much no matter what, so the man is usually behind the 8 ball from the start. Why should they also be entitled to half of the financial assets if they didn't contribute to acquire them? JMO.
About two years ago, my wife took a big promotion. She'd be making nearly triple what I made, so we made the decision that it made far more sense for me to leave my job, drop our youngest down to part-time daycare, and have me take care of everything at home.

My typical day goes like this: wake up first, feed two kids and a wife, make sure everyone has what they need for their day, take the kids to school, clean the house, do all the laundry, do all the dishes, run all the errands, do all the shopping, make all the calls, mow/plow/shovel, pick up the kids, help kids with homework, take kids to sports practices, coach soccer, make dinner, get the kids showered, read with one of them (wife takes the other), sleep, repeat. This is all while writing on the side and remaining sexy.

According to you, I didn't actually do anything to contribute to the stuff we have so, if I ever got divorced, I should walk with literally nothing, probably naked. Like I said, interesting take. Dumb, but interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes