PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning PED story might come back to life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this statement could be wrong? The NFL's "begin with the end result in mind" (Peyton's innocent) comprehensive investigation might have missed some key information? I can't even begin to imagine that.

CoOB-blXgAANAw-.jpg
I assume that report confirmed Peyton's wife was taking the HGH. Because if not, then the inference she was receiving HGH for someone else becomes highly "credible evidence" (sorry, I know this is beyond obvious).

But hey, obviously she wanted to up her game for some high performance gardening.

Look...what the hell is this..kindergarten? is everyone just plain BLIND?

Nobody with a functioning brain believes a word of that Manning nonsense...it was for his wife? jeezus krist, it's such a stupid,lame excuse only a dimwit like Manning would try to play it up.

The reason why it worked is Manning is preferable to the baseline NFL fanbase over pretty boy (insinuating ***gotry) Brady. Always has and most likely always will.

When any person on an obviously blatant Patriots fan board insinuates that Brady MAY be guilty of something Manning obviously did, it's because inside, they WISH Brady was more of an "aw shucks" good ol' crackerboy rather than the metrosexualized Brady and the stigma that carries in a testosterone driven sports media landscape.

Brady threatens the lowest common denominator mindset that football players must portray a tough guy gladiatorial image. Being good looking, dressing stylishly, showing vulnerability, living a fairy tale jet setter lifestyle THREATENS a lot of people. It's a mix of fear, jealousy and bigotry that ALLOWS idiocy such as "it was muh wife's HGH...heh heh..fur her pregnancy you know..." to get and keep traction. It's so ridiculous that people of even average intelligence SHOULD react with revulsion at the sheer ridiculousness of it all....but hate is such a primary, overwhelming emotion...so easy to feel, so difficult to control.

Nobody with a functioning brain believes a word of that Manning nonsense...it was for his wife? jeezus krist, it's such a stupid,lame excuse only a dimwit like Manning would try to play it up.

The reason why it worked is Manning is preferable to the baseline NFL fanbase over pretty boy (insinuating ***gotry) Brady. Always has and most likely always will.

When any person on an obviously blatant Patriots fan board insinuates that Brady MAY be guilty of something Manning obviously did, it's because inside, they WISH Brady was more of an "aw shucks" good ol' crackerboy rather than the metrosexualized Brady and the stigma that carries in a testosterone driven sports media landscape.

Brady threatens the lowest common denominator mindset that football players must portray a tough guy gladiatorial image. Being good looking, dressing stylishly, showing vulnerability, living a fairy tale jet setter lifestyle THREATENS a lot of people. It's a mix of fear, jealousy and bigotry that ALLOWS idiocy such as "it was muh wife's HGH...heh heh..fur her pregnancy you know..." to get and keep traction. It's so ridiculous that people of even average intelligence SHOULD react with revulsion at the sheer ridiculousness of it all....but hate is such a primary, overwhelming emotion...so easy to feel, so difficult to control.
What do you take us for, a bunch of simpletons?

Simpelton said:
So did Brady.

Glass houses. Stones. Right now it really does look like his endurance into relative old age is based on hard work, but... and that "but" matters a great deal.

Until we're absolutely sure that it really was only avocado ice cream, with our own 40 year old QB performing like a man 15 years his junior, we ought to be careful how we point fingers.

Here's where this goes totally wrong. These are Performance ENHANCING Drugs. Brady's performance has been steadily very good. Even great athletes like Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, Manning and so on spiked up. Not Tom Brady, he's been at the same plateau.

Cerebral reasoning is highly encouraged, but if you're a simpleton...

So did Brady.

Glass houses. Stones. Right now it really does look like his endurance into relative old age is based on hard work, but... and that "but" matters a great deal.

Until we're absolutely sure that it really was only avocado ice cream, with our own 40 year old QB performing like a man 15 years his junior, we ought to be careful how we point fingers.
Bullsh*t. There is legit evidence that Manning used HGH beyond merely observing that he “played well into his 40’s”. In fact, the evidence is so solid that, as I noted in an earlier post, Manning simply has no plausible deniability on the matter.

Nothing wrong with pointing fingers at a guy who is so clearly and so obviously guilty.

So did Brady.

Yep, Brady is the first athlete to use PED’s to obtain less muscle mass.

You never fail to live up to your name.

So did Brady.

I suppose it’s prudent to think “never say never” when it comes to athletes and PEDs and who is using them.

In this case I think there’s sufficient reason to give Brady the benefit of the doubt. For one thing unlike Manning nobody relevant has accused Brady of PED use. We know the league is aware of TB12 and Guerrero and what Tom is doing with them. That tells meTB12 is on the level as far as they are concerned. Brady is also not stupid. He knows what a positive PED test would do to his and his team’s legacy, and you know people are still talking about the two “gates” this team has run into in the last decade.

IMO

I'm still amazed at just how much of a class act that Brady has been for all these years. He never says the wrong thing or talks bad about anyone. He reminds me of Bobby Orr in that regard.

Simpelton said:
So did Brady.

Here's where this goes totally wrong. These are Performance ENHANCING Drugs. Brady's performance has been steadily very good. Even great athletes like Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, Manning and so on spiked up. Not Tom Brady, he's been at the same plateau.

Cerebral reasoning is highly encouraged, but if you're a simpleton...

Not claiming that Brady is using PEDs. But he pretty clearly played better in 2015(espeically pre entire offense going on IR), 2016, 2017(Pre-achilles injury) than 2013 and 2014.

Bullsh*t. There is legit evidence that Manning used HGH beyond merely observing that he “played well into his 40’s”. In fact, the evidence is so solid that, as I noted in an earlier post, Manning simply has no plausible deniability on the matter.

Nothing wrong with pointing fingers at a guy who is so clearly and so obviously guilty.

Manning didn't play well into his 40s :D

Not claiming that Brady is using PEDs. But he pretty clearly played better in 2015(espeically pre entire offense going on IR), 2016, 2017(Pre-achilles injury) than 2013 and 2014.
um, Brady won the Sb in 2014. 2013 is the only anomaly year since 2010 (after recovering from the Achilles). Within minor variances he has played pretty much the same from 2010-2017 with that one exception which has the most obvious explanation there could be.

And “not claiming Brady is used PEDs” followed by implying that he is, is quite lame.

um, Brady won the Sb in 2014. 2013 is the only anomaly year since 2010 (after recovering from the Achilles). Within minor variances he has played pretty much the same from 2010-2017 with that one exception which has the most obvious explanation there could be.

And “not claiming Brady is used PEDs” followed by implying that he is, is quite lame.

One thing I will say about Brady is that he seemed a lot looser after the 2014 SB win. I think getting that elusive fourth ring lifted a weight off of his shoulders or something.

One thing I will say about Brady is that he seemed a lot looser after the 2014 SB win. I think getting that elusive fourth ring lifted a weight off of his shoulders or something.
I see the same guy through ups and downs. I see people constantly trying to find reasons to dispute that, reaching very far usually. Not sure why.

I'm reading arguments that Manning using HGH to heal isn't really cheating and it's not like he took steroids.

HGH is illegal and by using it you're getting an illegal advantage over players who heal using legal medicine. Therefore, yes it's cheating. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

I see the same guy through ups and downs. I see people constantly trying to find reasons to dispute that, reaching very far usually. Not sure why.

Could be that. Could also be me projecting my own relief. I don't know. I only meant that , to me, Brady looks relaxed than he had before the fourth ring.

Out****ingstanding sir.

I've tried to voice this opinion in various ways, but from now on, I'll probably just copy this and claim it as my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST