OT: Peyton Manning PED story might come back to life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Links:
Al Jazeera Says Peyton Manning 'Confirmed' Doping Claims in Bombshell Doc

The 2015 documentary, “The Dark Side: Secrets of the Sports Dopers,” insists that Manning and other MLB heavyweights had made use of performance enhancing drugs during their careers. Two of the players fingered in the doc, Ryan Howard and Ryan Zimmerman, filed suit against Al-Jazeera for defamation in January, 2016. Manning himself called much of the film a “total fabrication” at the time.

Now, unsealed court papers obtained by the Hollywood Reporter show that Manning, through his lawyer, former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, said that much of the information was true and that critical sourcing for the documentary provided by the pharmacist Charlie Sly has been accurate.

“I did part of my training at the Guyer Institute which is like this anti-aging clinic in Indiana. [Peyton Manning] and his wife would come in after hours and get IVs,” Sly said in a recording obtained by Al Jazeera.

“So one thing that Guyer does is he dispenses drugs out of his office which physicians can do in the United States it’s just not very many of them do it. … And all the time we would be sending [wife] Ashley Manning drugs. Like growth hormone, all the time, everywhere, Florida. And it would never be under Peyton’s name, it would always be under her name.”

Areas of the court papers have been redacted, making it unclear exactly what Olson revealed about the Manning disclosure. Manning did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment through his foundation.

latest

So this statement could be wrong? The NFL's "begin with the end result in mind" (Peyton's innocent) comprehensive investigation might have missed some key information? I can't even begin to imagine that.

CoOB-blXgAANAw-.jpg

I was hoping PFT would carry this but I haven't seen anything there about Peyton except how he gave a pep talk to the Broncos and another headline where Peyton may start calling football games in the booth. ugh. It appears Peyton took back the single season TD record by cheating.If this was about Brady it would be 24/7 news and he would be banned from Football. Just shows the power of the media over whether a tree falling in the forest is heard or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference