PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning HGH Story: Not going away

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
(I looked but didn't see that anyone else had posted this. If it was posted, Mods, please merge.)

The Manning HGH story is not going away. Here is an article from this morning's New York Daily News (it helps that no NY teams are in the playoffs...their reporters have to spend their time acting like...well...like "reporters"):

"...interviews with former Guyer Institute employees, public documents and even the anti-aging clinic’s own marketing tools raise questions that aren’t so easily dismissed: Why would an elite athlete with access to the best physicians in the world receive treatment at a facility that evangelizes for testosterone, human growth hormone and other drugs banned by the NFL? Why were Manning and his old team, the Colts, affiliated with a clinic that former employees say routinely cut corners and was horribly mismanaged?"

Why did Peyton Manning seek any treatment at sordid clinic?

This story is not going away. Somebody is going to blow the lid off of it...it might take a year or longer, as with Balco...but the truth will come out.

USATODAY.com - Trainer has backers in suit against Mannings

By Mel Antonen, USA TODAY
In a book he authored with his father in 2000, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning wrote: "If nothing else in life, I want to be true to the things I believe in, and quite simply, to what I'm all about. I know I'd better, because it seems whenever I take a false step or two I feel the consequences. Like with the 'mooning' incident that made such a stir in Knoxville before my junior year" at the University of Tennessee.

According to a judge in Florida, Manning's next few paragraphs of Manning: A Father, His Sons, and a Football Legacy may literally constitute a false step. And while the legal consequences may end up being for a jury to decide, the public relations consequences may be felt quickly by Manning and his alma mater.

Manning and his father, as well as their ghost author, John Underwood, and publisher, HarperCollins, were sued for defamation in May 2002 by Jamie Ann Naughright, a former Tennessee assistant trainer. She claims that Manning's characterization of her in the book as having a "vulgar mouth" is false and cost her a subsequent job. In pursuing that claim, she has challenged Manning's version of what he called "the 'mooning' incident," alleging a more offensive act occurred. She also has raised questions about the conduct of Tennessee's associate head trainer at the time, who has said he was the first to term the incident a "mooning."

Court documents raise questions about Manning's veracity. In denying Manning's request for dismissal, Polk County Circuit Judge Harvey A. Kornstein wrote, in part: "Even if the plaintiff is a public figure, the evidence of record contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the court .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST