PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kellen Winslow gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Edelman and Mankins dinged up,

I've got to think it's OL or WR (Gaffney, call up Salas?) for the spot.

I told you guys Winslow was a malcontent.

The Pats have to sign someone quickly because they have to maintain a
53 man roster to keep Kopa practice squad eligible.

The end of an era...

oh wait,

The end of an error.

This is a huge mistake IMO... I mean, Winslow has a higher yards per reception than Gronk OR Lloyd!

:D

SMY suggests it was the pain in his knees. Probably couldn't take playing anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if he retires or takes a year or two off.

The Pats have to sign someone quickly because they have to maintain a
53 man roster to keep Kopa practice squad eligible.

No changes have been made to the practice squad as of yet, Salas was just a speculation.

Hey maybe we can Waters to play TE.

SMY suggests it was the pain in his knees. Probably couldn't take playing anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if he retires or takes a year or two off.

That would make sense! Maybe he didn't want to take up a roster spot on the team knowing he wouldn't be able to offer much!

That would make sense! Maybe he didn't want to take up a roster spot on the team knowing he wouldn't be able to offer much!

No offense intended, but was this sarcastic? Who would turn down a roster spot because of that?

No offense intended, but was this sarcastic? Who would turn down a roster spot because of that?

If his knees were really bothering him, his only other option would be to tell the Pats he can't go, in which case they release him anyway. He doesn't gain anything from trying to eek out another day or two.

I hope BB has some miracle OL guy hidden up his sleeve as a replacement. I'd rather he did that than find a WR or TE. Too bad Waters won't cave in.

Hard for a player like that to assimilate, let alone on the fly. He probably didn't practice much in Tampa which flies based on potential talent in some places and under some coaches but not in others - of which this would be one. It's all about reps and prep here.

LaCanfora says his sources say Winslow wants a shot at landing a better chance of playing time. Maybe he will rethink his deal with Seattle since he had an offseason in their offense. The midget QB could surely use another target. Tough to catch on off the street this time of year unless the offense is simplistic or seat of the pants.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...nslow-asks-for-receives-release-from-patriots

Last edited:
LaCanfora says his sources say Winslow wants a shot at landing a better chance of playing time. Maybe he will rethink his deal with Seattle since he had an offseason in their offense. The midget QB could surely use another target. Tough to catch on off the street this time of year unless the offense is simplistic or seat of the pants.

TE Kellen Winslow asks for, receives release from Patriots - CBSSports.com

This makes the most sense. Seattle gives him the chance for immediate playing time.

Hck, I'd do it just to hang out with the guys and get front row seats (standing room only) to the game :).

I don't buy that he's looking for a better opportunity. No one wanted him before, why now. It's not like had a great game on Sunday and shows that he still has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes