PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kellen Winslow gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Seattle want him now that they have that late game acquisition from Green Bay on Monday night? :Dennis

LaCanfora says his sources say Winslow wants a shot at landing a better chance of playing time. Maybe he will rethink his deal with Seattle since he had an offseason in their offense. The midget QB could surely use another target. Tough to catch on off the street this time of year unless the offense is simplistic or seat of the pants.

TE Kellen Winslow asks for, receives release from Patriots - CBSSports.com

Winslow: *knocks on Belichick's door* Hey coach, you got a minute?
BB: what's up?
KW: Hey listen, I'd like to be a little more involved. You know, like maybe get like 10 touches.
BB: *crickets*
KW: ...maybe 8-10?
BB: *crickets*
KW: ...Coach?
BB: How about we say you asked for your release?
KW: ...but...
BB: Leave your playbook, see the folks in HR on your way out.
KW: *crickets*
BB: good luck, Kellen.

Just as likely has more to do with usage going forward even in the short term. May mean Fells is finally ready to go and Winslow wasn't going to be a Hernandez replacement worth using. Think team knows two TE is limited until Hernandez is back. 3 WR will be the interim. He and Brady spent a lot of time working on timing last week and it didn't yield much. Time better spent on game plan. Probably wasn't going to be featured here and he and Rosenhaus may have decided to bail on mininmum deal before he got the Ocho label. Good business decision.

Right. BB is usually pretty accommodating to end-of-roster players who want out. Actually, many teams are accommodating in similar ways.

Last edited:
I don't buy that he's looking for a better opportunity. No one wanted him before, why now. It's not like had a great game on Sunday and shows that he still has it.

That's what I'm thinking. Unless there's already something in the works with another team it's a pretty odd move on his part.

It figured he didn't want to stay with a team that is successful most years.

Thus the last name 'WINS LOW' ...is perfect as it pertains to the teams he is usually a part of....a low amount of wins.

Last edited:
Who will step up this Sunday and make up for Winslow's yards?

Who will step up this Sunday and make up for Winslow's yards?

Well,I don't know ....who on the roster is talented enough and capable of producing 12 HUGE yards like Kellen did sunday? :cool:

Fells must be pretty close to returning to full time action (with Hernandez doing out) and Winslow saw the writing on the wall.

Last edited:
This makes the most sense. Seattle gives him the chance for immediate playing time.

Seattle cut him. How does this makes sense?

The NY Jets are looking for yet another cornerback. ;)

Well,I don't know ....who on the roster is talented enough and capable of producing 12 HUGE yards like Kellen did sunday? :cool:

I'm sure Gruden was impressed.

Patriots HoF here he comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The curious thing is that by playing in one game and making one catch, he will forever be part of Patriots team statistical/active roster history.

Seattle cut him. How does this makes sense?

Seattle got rid of him because he refused to take a paycut. He'll have to take less anyway if he wants to play now.

If his knees were really bothering him, his only other option would be to tell the Pats he can't go, in which case they release him anyway. He doesn't gain anything from trying to eek out another day or two.

If his knees are the problem then maybe he wasn't upset that the Pats weren't planning to use him much, maybe it's because they DID plan to use him.

:rolleyes:

So the Soldja quits after just one lousy game; that's worse than even I thought.

I suspect Welker. Welker is undermining everybody that might take catches away from him. Welker probably slipped a note under Nick Caserio's door which read,

"Dear Coach Nick:

Thank you for the opportunity but I really need a situation where I can get my feet wet in the offense. I understand that Coach McDaniels has to jump in with both feet with Brandon Lloyd as his buddy and all, but it looks like there just aren't enough plays in the playbook for tight ends right now. With Danny Woodhead getting 15 pointless running plays into the pile every game and Julian Edelman being the featured receiver when he's not getting b@#@ch-slapped in front of a referee, it's hard to stick my toe in the water here. If it's really all the same to you, I'd like to ask for my release and look for a place where the shoe fits.

Sincerely,

Wes, er, I mean, Kellen."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back