PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just when you thought Brandon Spikes was getting smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Just when you thought B Spikes was getting smarter

Not sure what the big deal is; everyone knows why Rodulph's nose glows and who wouldn't need a nip of Jack every now and again when flying across New England in an Open Sleigh.

Re: Just when you thought B Spikes was getting smarter

refollow them when they call Ray Rice Gary Coleman.
Bwahahahahah, hohohohohoho, hehehehehehehe. He's got talent, Spikes.

I thought that Eagles receiver had talent back in '04. I couldn't believe Rodney got all bent out of shape about that. The guy was funny. He tried to inject a little fun into WWIII I guess.

And if you follow Rodney you know how overly serious the guy is. I don't think Rodney has a funny bone. He's in a war at all times. The enemy is within.

Some will say, "Yeh but that motivated Rodney and we won the game." My response: If Rodney needed stupid motivation like that before the SB then that's his problem. The Patriots were the better team with the better QB and that is just a fact. They didn't win a SB because Rodney couldn't handle some harmless levity.

He put it in public = he's an idiot and lacks sound judgement. Makes me wonder if he has any ability to be a leader as he lacks awareness.

If he joked about it privately, I wouldn't care.

He should know better than to bring negative attention for no reason.

I'm not seeing the no awareness = no leader comparison. As for him being an idiot, you're certainly entitled to you opinion.

I couldn’t care less what he types on Twitter (and I follow him), as long as he shakes that ankle problem and is back to 100% for the playoffs, that's all that matters. We will need every bit of his run stuffing power.

Last edited:
Its magic dust dude, it helps santa and the raindeer fly.

barack-obama-smoking.jpg

Luckily Goodell can't suspend someone for making a joke, though I don't doubt that he'd try.

when its detrimental to the nfl he can, i wouldnt be surprised to see him riding the pine at the start of the game sunday

Spikes is hands down my favorite current Patriot. Love the way he plays on the field, love the emotion he brings to the game, and love how he really doesn't give a **** about being PC off the field. His tweets are easily the highlight of my feed. #POWwWwW

when its detrimental to the nfl he can, i wouldnt be surprised to see him riding the pine at the start of the game sunday

Pretty sure BB DGAF about this nontroversy, and if Spikes is riding the pine, it'll be because they're resting his injury for the playoffs.

If twitter existed during the playing days of Michael Irvin, all you shocked and angry Spikes bashers would be calling him (Spikes) a monk by comparison.

What new moral outrage will tomorrow bring to the inhabitants of Ivory Tower?

- Uh who said he WAS getting smarter?
- The tweet made me laugh.

He's funny as hell on Twitter (and probably in real life). I much prefer following him to most athletes and movie stars who just have a publicist run their Twitter.

I could carer less but it is a big deal if the Kraft's decide they don't want to give 50 million to a player who represents the team in this way. Spikes is a force in the middle and i would hate to see him go but stuff like this is on ly going to make a deal less likely.

He's funny as hell on Twitter (and probably in real life). I much prefer following him to most athletes and movie stars who just have a publicist run their Twitter.

I mention this once in a while here, but since there are many newbies lately: Former Pats O-lineman Rich Ohrnbegrer has probably the funniest Twitter account of all professional athletes. Worth a look during the holiday season:

https://twitter.com/ohrnberger

You seemed to have been irate about some of the public expressing a negative opinion in your OP...

I wish you could decide what your point is.

Am I irate with people trying to make this a story or actually being offended by this? Yes.

Did I say they don't have that right? No. But your first post was defending their right to do so which I'm in agreement with. They do have that right.

Rights exist to protect unpopular things, not popular ones. I get extremely annoyed by the Westboro Baptist Church but they still have the right to say their bull****.

I wish you could decide what your point is.

Am I irate with people trying to make this a story or actually being offended by this? Yes.

Did I say they don't have that right? No. But your first post was defending their right to do so which I'm in agreement with. They do have that right.

Rights exist to protect unpopular things, not popular ones. I get extremely annoyed by the Westboro Baptist Church but they still have the right to say their bull****.

I've already decided what my point was. What I didn't understand was the intention of your OP, which should have been obvious after the response.

Have we really gotten to the point in our society that we can offend people by making a joke about a ficticious character?

Just keep seperating the ball from holder Mr spikes!

Last edited:
No different than having 18,000+ posts on a message board.

There's a big difference between the overall depth and content on a message board and the 140 character blurbs spouted off on twitter. That being said most of my content on here is no different than a twitter blurb...:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case