PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just when you thought Brandon Spikes was getting smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must've had my head in the sand...or snow...whatever....I missed this and had to go read it. My reaction was "that's pretty funny. Probably not the smartest thing to do for a guy looking for a big pay day eventually."

I am with the "who cares" crowd. We've already had this guy on the damn internet making like Johnny Wad. Whatever. Go knock out some runningbacks, bro.

Last edited:
Notice how much better our drafts have been since they lowered the knucklehead tolerance limit??

Mallet, Hernandez, Spikes, Dennard, Bolden...all have had character flags.

What were you like when you were in your 20's? I used to wake up in places like corn fields, pumpkin patches, parking lots, and jail.

These are football players. Pretty hard to field a team of Nobel laureates.

Notice how much better our drafts have been since they lowered the knucklehead tolerance limit??

What were you like when you were in your 20's? I used to wake up in places like corn fields, pumpkin patches, parking lots, and jail.

You woke up in fields in Alaska?

FROZENJACK.jpg

Last edited:

Yes. Goodie 2 shoes have no place on defense

True, but what you say and do has consequences once youre in the NFL.

In lieu of NFL players problems with drunk driving and drug use, it doesnt seem wise to joke about having a line and a shot with Santa.

Brandon Spikes is not a smart man. We already knew this. I still don't care, as long as he's on the field and performing on Sunday.

Last edited:
I've already decided what my point was. What I didn't understand was the intention of your OP, which should have been obvious after the response.

That I think that the people who care about this are morons with no perspective?

Sorry if I was beating around the bush too much.

Really wish he would shut the **** up. He is very invaluable to our defense, and I would hate to see him suspended for something easily avoided.

And yes, while he has the right to say anything, his employer/workplace unfortunately doesn't agree with that sentiment.

Brandon Spikes is not a smart man. We already knew this. I still don't care, as long as he's on the field and performing on Sunday.
I agree. I'm convinced he's a meathead, but I love what he brings while he's on the field. But, history and the value that the Krafts place on p.r. tell me that if wants to keep this type of stuff up, he damned well better continue to produce at a high level. Me, I laughed when I read it. I'm not sure others in more influential places found it as amusing as I did. Unfair? Perhaps, but life isn't always fair.

Last edited:
This has got to be the last of this kind of behavior for Spikes if he expects to remain here on a long term deal into the future.

The coach/front office/owner just take public relations too seriously (and that is admirable and fine with me) for these kinds of immature comments and actions to continue. There just isn't any reason for it...maybe on another team, but it's not likely to continue in this setting.

I wish you could decide what your point is.

Am I irate with people trying to make this a story or actually being offended by this? Yes.

Did I say they don't have that right? No. But your first post was defending their right to do so which I'm in agreement with. They do have that right.

Rights exist to protect unpopular things, not popular ones. I get extremely annoyed by the Westboro Baptist Church but they still have the right to say their bull****.

"Personally, when it comes to rights, I think one of two things is true: I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally, I lean toward unlimited rights - I feel, for instance, I have the right to do anything I please. But, if I do something you don't like, I think you have the right to kill me. So where you gonna find a fairer ******* deal than that? So the next time some ******* says to you, "I have a right to my opinion," you say, "Oh yeah? Well, I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion." Then shoot the **** and walk away!" - Carlin

Who cares? People need to stop being so damn sensitive. Surprised we haven't seen an athlete get beat on for saying "merry christmas" instead of "happy holidays" yet.

who the hell gives a crap

Not too many should, and I couldn't care less personally.

As others have stated, I too have plenty of memories in my early 20's etc that wouldn't exactly make my mom too proud. Thankfully I was able to grow up and those are times that do not currently represent me now.

The problem is that the Krafts have a high standard of what they expect their players to be like while in the public eye, and issues/comments like these may make them think twice about throwing big money at him long-term. That really is my only concern.

Twitter is for morons
As to Spikes' tweet...let he who has never made a joke in bad taste throw stones
I for one will not be throwing any
Stuff I once thought was hilarious in my 20s just doesn't seem as funny anymore and I've hardly matured at all according to wife
Yes, I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

The real issue for mine is the poor sense of humor Spikes possesses.

If twitter existed during the playing days of Michael Irvin, all you shocked and angry Spikes bashers would be calling him (Spikes) a monk by comparison.

What new moral outrage will tomorrow bring to the inhabitants of Ivory Tower?

Glad to see you've changed your stance on drug jokes. As I recall, you were singing quite a different tune over here Saturday night.

I rather here people make a joke on twitter, than them talking about their imaginary friend in the clouds. You know, that cloud fella' who somehow made them a god player and stuff.

It would be extremely pathetic by Spikes to remove the tweet. If that offends anyone or casts a bad light on the team, well we might as well be the sissy nannies. It would be bad if he offended a person or said that he is doing coke right now. I mean, he can't say "Me and Mayo is doing coke and Godell is a ****", that would be bad. This do, come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News