PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just when you thought Brandon Spikes was getting smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, this is not a Rhode's scholar we are talking about here, this is a professional athlete who goes around hitting people on a field and gets paid millions of dollars. Outside of football IQ, this is not an intelligent individual. Basically a thug, who acts like a thug, and unfortunately thinks like a thug still in the hood instead of his most likely million dollar condo/house.

If he was a Pittsburgh Steeler's linebacker, most of us here would be all over this, so stop being hypocritical, the guy is a moron, and it was a stupid ******* thing to say, like most of the **** the moron says. Love the way he plays, but he needs to keep his mouth shut. What is the old saying, it's better to be thought of as a moron, than to open up your mouth and prove you are one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen, this is not a Rhode's scholar we are talking about here, this is a professional athlete who goes around hitting people on a field and gets paid millions of dollars. Outside of football IQ, this is not an intelligent individual. Basically a thug, who acts like a thug, and unfortunately thinks like a thug still in the hood instead of his most likely million dollar condo/house.

If he was a Pittsburgh Steeler's linebacker, most of us here would be all over this, so stop being hypocritical, the guy is a moron, and it was a stupid ******* thing to say, like most of the **** the moron says. Love the way he plays, but he needs to keep his mouth shut. What is the old saying, it's better to be thought of as a moron, than to open up your mouth and prove you are one.

So true.

You never heard crap like this from Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison and guys like that because they were too professional and didnt want to embarrass the organization or themselves. I hope Goodell tests Spikes for drugs since he decided to open his mouth.

when he gets suspended for telling people he had a felony 1 narcotic im sure people will care.

If Goodell suspends him and cites this, what do you think the press reaction would be?

And, yes, Goodell is PR driven.

Its magic dust dude, it helps santa and the raindeer fly.

barack-obama-smoking.jpg

What, no link to this?

when its detrimental to the nfl he can, i wouldnt be surprised to see him riding the pine at the start of the game sunday

Yup, he can.

He can also suspend Harbaugh because his Turkey gobbler comment is detrimental to the league.

Same headline the next day about reacting to a joke.

This has got to be the last of this kind of behavior for Spikes if he expects to remain here on a long term deal into the future.

The coach/front office/owner just take public relations too seriously (and that is admirable and fine with me) for these kinds of immature comments and actions to continue. There just isn't any reason for it...maybe on another team, but it's not likely to continue in this setting.

I do not know, or care about contract negotiation. If he say $18 billion and the team says $1 - whatever happens is cool.

That said, however, if this team loses him not because of money but because Kraft hates his sense of humor, when no PR guy has made him take it down yet - I will be extremely disappointed to the point I'll root for him even if he lands with the Stej.

So true.

You never heard crap like this from Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison and guys like that because they were too professional and didnt want to embarrass the organization or themselves. ...

Either that or Twitter did not exist then. Just sayin.

I'm taking this personally and as a blanket indictment of Patsfans posters :mad:

So true.

You never heard crap like this from Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison and guys like that because they were too professional and didnt want to embarrass the organization or themselves. I hope Goodell tests Spikes for drugs since he decided to open his mouth.

That's exactly right. It's called respect. Even if you have none for yourself and don't mind making an ass of yourself, then have some respect for the team you play with, the people that pay you millions, and the fans that support the organization by the hundreds of thousands and make it possible for a lunkhead to live an incredible lifestyle.

Obviously, in the USA you can say anything you want. But that's exactly what makes holding your impulsive tongue so impressive. Free speech is a bedrock right to live by, not an open sewer to piss on.

[B said:
fnordcircle[/B];3307710]I wish you could decide what your point is.

Am I irate with people trying to make this a story or actually being offended by this? Yes.

Did I say they don't have that right? No. But your first post was defending their right to do so which I'm in agreement with. They do have that right.

Rights exist to protect unpopular things, not popular ones. I get extremely annoyed by the Westboro Baptist Church but they still have the right to say their bull****.[/QUOTE]

Not if they play for Belichick, they dont

Last edited:
Spikes can say whatever he wants as long as it's not derogatory. That said, he should hold himself to standard considering how many young fans he has. I mean if you heard someone saying this in public to a bunch of teenagers don't you think you'd think it would be a bad idea?

Speak for yourself, I would care even less if it were a member of another team. This isn't PED's we're talking about it's a little adult humor sprinkled onto a fairy tale character.

Last edited:
What is with the lousy threads this week?!! :bricks:

Um, if you think saying a fictional character is doing coke = the twin towers were rigged to self-implode by Bush... Um, I can't even reply.

c'mon, man....get back in the box and take a swing...how can you know if you never even try...?

Speak for yourself, I would care even less if it were a member of another team. This isn't PED's we're talking about it's a little adult humor sprinkled onto a fairy tale character.

I was literally going to post something highlighting that part of his post and starting with "Speak for yourself."

Nice one.

yeah Elijah...but as far as you and Robbo are concerned, I think you miss an important implication contained in his post...you and Robbo both think he should "speak for yourself"...I am firmly convinced that should read "speak for yourSELVES"...because there's gotta be more than two or three personalities splitting time in THAT one's cranium....
backingout.gif

Classless post by spikes....

...Santa at the very least deserves a Glenlivet 18.

This may be the first time in history anyone has used the word smarter when the topic at hand is Brandon Spikes. ;)

I do not know, or care about contract negotiation. If he say $18 billion and the team says $1 - whatever happens is cool.

That said, however, if this team loses him not because of money but because Kraft hates his sense of humor, when no PR guy has made him take it down yet - I will be extremely disappointed to the point I'll root for him even if he lands with the Stej.

I'm not necessarily saying that I personally have a problem with it, because I truly don't; but an organization who has proven in the past to take their public perception pretty seriously may indeed think a little longer when it comes to offering that big money contract to him next season.

He has stepped up nicely this season to play in almost every game, with a sack and an INT to go along with 4 fumbles caused and 7 passes defended.

Before that though, he certainly wasn't setting the world on fire as he had never had a sack, an INT, or a fumble caused or recovered. He also came into this season with attitude, consistency, and durability issues (only having played in about 60% of the games in his first 2 yrs).

I think next year will certainly go a LONG way in determining the proper value for him in terms of what they will offer for a long term deal. Will it be closer to this year's production or the first 2 years? I also think there's a possibility that they will consider his overall attitude and actions into the whole equation. I certainly don't think it will be a deal breaker, but I think they'll want the kind of production that this year brought above anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes