PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets window is now shut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about that, the jet will be a thorn in the pats side until belichick and brady retire... The pats were scared of the jets last week, players coaches and it showed... Sanchez looks a gamer, as much i hate to say that but he looks the part.. The jets have beaten the pats 3 out of the last five.. granted we will be better in some areas, but right now both teams are even... but its a long offseason so we shall see...

Seriously, hoow can you predict this? Ryan's success could be very short lived. His style of coaching has rarely lasted more than 3-4 years before teams fall apart. He could buck the trend, but maybe not.

Sanchez is still wildly inconsistent. If he doesn't have the defense and running game to back him up and keep games close until he decides to turn it on towards the end of the game, he will be mediocre.

We don't even know for sure if the Pats will be competitive until Belichick and Brady retire. And we have a decade long resume of both to make the assumption. You are going on two years worth of information with Ryan and he had a ton of talent on the team.

Last edited:
David Harris, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Antonio Cromartie.....they will be able to keep two at best.

Brad Smith, Shaun Ellis, Brodney Pool, Drew Coleman, Tony Richardson are some other FA's who's returns are questionable.

To reinforce the OP's point, there's this article in today's NYPost:

Ellis may have plenty of company on the list of those who have played their final game with Gang Green. General manager Mike Tannenbaum has to make critical decisions on a host of free agents -- defensively, they include Ellis (the longest-tenured Jet), David Harris, Antonio Cromartie and Brodney Pool. The names on offense include Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Tony Richardson and Brad Smith.

<snip>

The Jets' linebacking corps is an aging unit -- Bart Scott and Bryan Thomas are both in their ninth seasons, and Calvin Pace is in his eighth -- making Harris' re-signing even more important.

<snip>

As for Cromartie, the Jets don't have a natural replacement, with Drew Coleman, Kyle Wilson and Dwight Lowery unlikely to assume a starting role. If the Jets don't bring Cromartie back, they'd likely have to trade for a corner or find one in free agency."

Big offseason decisions loom for Jets - NYPOST.com

This link is in the truth and rumours section.......

Here is another link. I don't know how good it is, but it has to be better than something from a rumor section:
+NFL 2010 - 2011 Team Salaries | NFL Conference Salaries | 2010 - 2011 NFL Salaries

SI says they spoke to a league source.
That's a rumor only in the sense that it's unsubstantiated and anonymous, but if SI says they spoke to the NFL, I'd trust them over these other sites.

Again, salaries are different from payroll.

By the way, I found the discrepancy.

You guys are linking to 2009 figures. Not 2010.

Seriously, hoow can you predict this? Ryan's success could be very short lived. His style of coaching has rarely lasted more than 3-4 years before teams fall apart. He could buck the trend, but maybe not.

Sanchez is still wildly inconsistent. If he doesn't have the defense and running game to back him up and keep games close until he decides to turn it on towards the end of the game, he will be mediocre.

We don't even know for sure if the Pats will be competitive until Belichick and Brady retire. And we have a decade long resume of both to make the assumption. You are going on two years worth of information with Ryan and he had a ton of talent on the team.

last 6 playoff games

Mark Sanchez- 4-2 all wins on the road

Tom Brady- 2-4 with 2 games at home

I know it means little, but Sanchez has played big espicallly last week.. i hate to admit it to, but those are the facts...

Yeah they were scared. Are you 12?

they didnt play with any confidence then the last 8 weeks, did they???? they looked, played and coached scared ... if they werent they should have won the game, but it is what its... If they werent scared, what would you say they were outcoached outplayed??? I will give you that...

SI says they spoke to a league source.
That's a rumor only in the sense that it's unsubstantiated and anonymous, but if SI says they spoke to the NFL, I'd trust them over these other sites.

Again, salaries are different from payroll.

By the way, I found the discrepancy.

You guys are linking to 2009 figures. Not 2010.

My bad on the link, but there's plenty of articles they write where they quote "league sources" and don't throw it in the rumor section. There is a reason it is in that section.

Last edited:
last 6 playoff games

I know it means little, but Sanchez has played big espicallly last week.. i hate to admit it to, but those are the facts...

You're missing the big picture.

If you get a bye, you skip the earlier easier round.

I mean, it's a helluva lot harder going to and winning the Super Bowl than it is winning a divisional round game, correct?

I would remove the early game from the equation except for 2009 when the Patriots played in that game.

The record would look like this in comparison:

Patriots 2-3
Jets 2-2

The 3rd loss of course is a Super Bowl loss.

I'd rather lose two early and get to the Super Bowl once than lose in the AFCCG twice.

they didnt play with any confidence then the last 8 weeks, did they???? they looked, played and coached scared ... if they werent they should have won the game, but it is what its... If they werent scared, what would you say they were outcoached outplayed??? I will give you that...

They made bad mistakes. Whether they made them because they were scared or not is literally impossible to determine. I doubt it.

Brady's INT was horrifically bad, and before it, they were rolling over the Jets easily. Why would he be scared at that point in the game? Would you be scared of a team you just plowed for 50 yards without breaking sweat?

Crumpler's drop in the end zone. He was free and wide open. No one around him. He's a vet, he's big. What's he scared of?

Chung's punt fake. Maybe he was scared and nervous when he botched it, I buy that. But the mistake was made before the snap when he called for the play. Belichick called it a bad mistake.

The Patriots D didn't seem scared of the Jets offense in that first half, and for the first 20 minutes, the Patriots offense rolled on the Jets D.

So, I would not say they were scared. They made bad mistakes, fell behind, couldn't counter. in fact, the jets made the adjustment after going up 14-3, not the Patriots.

How do you know what their confidence level was? How do you look scared? Every team that loses is scared?
Of course they were outplayed.

They made bad mistakes. Whether they made them because they were scared or not is literally impossible to determine. I doubt it.

Brady's INT was horrifically bad, and before it, they were rolling over the Jets easily. Why would he be scared at that point in the game? Would you be scared of a team you just plowed for 50 yards without breaking sweat?

Crumpler's drop in the end zone. He was free and wide open. No one around him. He's a vet, he's big. What's he scared of?

Chung's punt fake. Maybe he was scared and nervous when he botched it, I buy that. But the mistake was made before the snap when he called for the play. Belichick called it a bad mistake.

The Patriots D didn't seem scared of the Jets offense in that first half, and for the first 20 minutes, the Patriots offense rolled on the Jets D.

So, I would not say they were scared. They made bad mistakes, fell behind, couldn't counter. in fact, the jets made the adjustment after going up 14-3, not the Patriots.
No, he is arguing that they were AFRAID of the Jets because of the trash talking

Ridiculous premise of a thread. The Jets have the two most important things that you need to be successful in this league: a good HC, and a good QB.

Rex has proven himself to be a good HC. And Sanchez has played well under the big lights. His two appearance in the playoffs have been pretty good and I see no reason why he should regress.

The Jets are a legit problem for us now and in the future.

If the Patriots don't beat the Jets in the playoffs next year (assuming both team are meet in the playoffs), they're going to be a monkey on our back that for sure.

Ridiculous premise of a thread. The Jets have the two most important things that you need to be successful in this league: a good HC, and a good QB.

Rex has proven himself to be a good HC. And Sanchez has played well under the big lights. His two appearance in the playoffs have been pretty good and I see no reason why he should regress.

Your theory will be put the test next season. We'll see how they do with 24 free agents and limited draft picks.

Oh, wow. I thought the patriots were maybe too overconfident coming in
I don't know if I agree with that, but I think 45-3 hurt them, because while its easy to say as a Monday morning QB, its hard to really abandon what you did to win 45-3 when it starts out not working.

Jets had a point differential of +63 this year. This isn't exactly an elite number and suggests their dominance had a lot to do with good fortune. They are going to lose a ton of players and have few draft picks.

last 6 playoff games

You have to get to the playoffs to perform well. In 2009, they backed in and shouldn't really have been there. This year they got in legitimately, but will they next year?

Random stats are not the best way to make an argument especially since in 2009 the Jets won on defense and the running game and Sanchez sucked for most of the year.

The first quarter the Pats were extremely confident and the Jets were playing scared. It was when the Pats made costly mistakes and the Jets started to capitalize on them where the team's confidence levels changed. But the Pats "played scared" this year vs. the 5-11 Browns too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes