PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Will Need A Veteran Starter Even With a First Round Draftee

Zappe can be the team punching bag for a year while the newly drafted rookie learns
As a supporter of Zappe over Mac, I would say no. Cut bait with both of them. Keep Rourke as third string. Bring a Minshew or Brissett or whoever, Maybe even draft a second QB in the later rounds that might have some skills and intangibles to work with.

i think they may have him in camp just in an attempt to raise his trade value......a little positive traction in camp might gain you a little
I think the locker room mojo would be bad plus it could hurt bringing in free agents

Oh, sorry I read that wrong, I thought it said 'Scott Mitchell'.
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

lol, too funny Tommy

I think the locker room mojo would be bad plus it could hurt bringing in free agents

i disagree on the locker room piece......and i disagree on the FA's

any FA worth his salt has gotta believe he can beat him out lol

What's the OT help?
I looked up FAs and there is almost nothing there.
WRs yes.
Yeah, they have to get a starter in the draft or hope somebody on the roster can improve

i disagree on the locker room piece......and i disagree on the FA's

any FA worth his salt has gotta believe he can beat him out lol
I'm talking more wrs.... Unless the money is overwhelming who would want to play with him

If you're drafting a QB in the top 3 in today's nfl they better be ready to start game 1 or they weren't worth drafting at that spot.

and looking at the QBs that will be out there in FA. I'd take chances with the rookie and throw him in the deep end and let him learn to swim than have him in the kiddie pool while whatever veteran they would have signed is likely struggling to swim in the deep end themselves.

If you're drafting a QB in the top 3 in today's nfl they better be ready to start game 1 or they weren't worth drafting at that spot.

and looking at the QBs that will be out there in FA. I'd take chances with the rookie and throw him in the deep end and let him learn to swim than have him in the kiddie pool while whatever veteran they would have signed is likely struggling to swim in the deep end themselves.

if you're starting a rookie, you need serious upgrades to both WR and OL to go with them, or you'll have Mac II on your hands

there's little help in OL via FA.....WR slightly better

all the more reason i don't think they go QB in the top 3.......especially since I'm not positive that the QBs that go that high will be worth it......not sold on maye or williams, that i know

My recommendation would be to make a move for Gardner Minshew, Drew Lock, Marcus Mariota, or Sam Darnold as soon as possible to get a player with some experience to give them flexibility with a rookie QB.

I'd trade out of that #3 overall pick and get a later #1 and another #2 to pick three guys in the top 60 picks.

I am not sure except draft 1 of the top 3 QB's
and trade Opie during the draft for something.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back