PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we root for Mahomes now?

Joe Montana played in a day and age where the real Super Bowl was the NFCCG, and that other game they played 2 weeks later was little more than a glorified exhibition game resulting in the beat down of whatever jabroni came out of the AFC.

Montana lost his share of playoff games, and looked quite atrocious in more than one. I remember one game where Jim Burt knocked Montana into the 21st Century.... IIRC the play was a pick 6

gmuvbqffxir1zanxybuo.jpg
Nailed it. The Super Bowl used to be pathetic. The AFC was like a half-college team compared to the NFC teams. No salary cap should be a huge mark against Montana even though he remains #2 all time despite it.

Damn, just realized he never gets called the GOAT anymore. Sad Montana is sad.

We need a sequel to that commercial where he flashes all his rings with a Brady walk-in.

Loving the Netflix Special with Mahomes. After making the city of Philadelphia sad he is my new hero.

Watching the Quarterback series on Netflix. Mahomes is quickly earning more of my admiration. That dude is fired up on Gameday. The showdown with Crosby is pretty good stuff.

Watching the Quarterback series on Netflix. Mahomes is quickly earning more of my admiration. That dude is fired up on Gameday. The showdown with Crosby is pretty good stuff.
You're a better person than me.
I'll always be hating

Ah, here we go again with the comparison of QBs across eras. You can't do it when it comes to Brady vs Mahomes (according to you), but when it comes to Brady vs Montana all bets are off. Whatever argument it takes so that Tommy wins.

And Brady never won a super bowl 55-10 like Joe did. Your point? Montana never choked a super bowl away with the game on the line. Brady did so 3 times. He had the ball last in SB 42 and 46 and fumbled the game away with 2 mins left vs the Eagles. You're not going to win this.
You want to hear something funny? Did you know if you took Montana's entire career and Mahomes career to this point and combined them with wins, yards, td's superbowls....you would not reach Brady. Its true. Montana and Mahomes yards 68, 975 yards, Brady has 89,214 yards,
Montana + mahomes tds 492, Brady 649, Montana + Mahomes playoff wins 31, Brady 36, Montana + Mahomes 7 superbowls, Brady 7 superbowls.....Isnt that amazing Did you know Brady went to the superbowl 10 times? But you are praising montana for getting his ass kicked before making the superbowl so only getting to 4. Do you know what all of the things I posted here show? The two QBs you call goat, does not equal the actual goat, and the numbers and accomplishments prove it. Basically Mahomes starting today will have to have Montana's career plus what he has already done, and it still wont be enough. Scary hugh?

You want to hear something funny? Did you know if you took Montana's entire career and Mahomes career to this point and combined them with wins, yards, td's superbowls....you would not reach Brady. Its true. Montana and Mahomes yards 68, 975 yards, Brady has 89,214 yards,
Montana + mahomes tds 492, Brady 649, Montana + Mahomes playoff wins 31, Brady 36, Montana + Mahomes 7 superbowls, Brady 7 superbowls.....Isnt that amazing Did you know Brady went to the superbowl 10 times? But you are praising montana for getting his ass kicked before making the superbowl so only getting to 4. Do you know what all of the things I posted here show? The two QBs you call goat, does not equal the actual goat, and the numbers and accomplishments prove it. Basically Mahomes starting today will have to have Montana's career plus what he has already done, and it still wont be enough. Scary hugh?
There is no point in engaging with him. He is a Lakers, Yankees, and Chiefs fan.

Kermit was blown right the eff off the field in a Super Bowl. By a team led by Tom Brady, the greatest NFL QB who ever lived.

That's written down in Kermit's legacy and set in stone.

"Can't compare QB's across eras"
Stats no but you can definitely compare wins and championships. Brady has that locked down for the forseeable future.

Kermit was blown right the eff off the field in a Super Bowl. By a team led by Tom Brady, the greatest NFL QB who ever lived.

TB never failed to get into the endzone in a SB.

1708718736656.png

• Winner
Reactions: sb1

It's definitely a blow to the Mahomes argument but if he three peats and gets to 7 the debate is interesting
There's no argument on whose the best QB in the NFL is right now it's Kermit. He has no competition either so someone needs to step up

if you root for Mahomes (or anyone who doesn't wear a Pats uni) you need to surrender your Patriots fandom

if you root for Mahomes (or anyone who doesn't wear a Pats uni) you need to surrender your Patriots fandom
Hey, for us fans who started watching in the early days (1971 for me), when the Pats kinda stunk, you had your regular season team… and your postseason team. In the postseasons back then I’ll admit to being a Staubach fan.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back