PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets & Vikings have agreements in principle with Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanBruschi54 said:
I understand the Seahawks but will the Patriots want a high first rounder compared to a lower one from the Jets (wishful thinking). Also would the Seahawks chuck in a "pretty good player"

yeah, but the Jets are only jesting us with a 2nd rounder.

primetime said:
My guess is the Patriots want a 1st and a "pretty good player." Who that "pretty good player" is, though, is the question. McCareins, maybe? Victor Hobson?

Hmmm... what good Jets players could we be interested in?

Curtis Martin?
Kevin Mawae?
Sam Cowart?
John Abraham?
Keyshawn Johnson?

Ohh yeahhh... that's right this is 2006! :D

The Seahawks aren't doin' the mess around. I believe they are offering their 1st.

Seymour93 said:
Hmmm... what good Jets players could we be interested in?

Curtis Martin?
Kevin Mawae?
Sam Cowart?
John Abraham?
Keyshawn Johnson?

Ohh yeahhh... that's right this is 2006! :D

Eric Barton? David Barrett? Justin Miller? Andre Dyson? Laverneaus Coles?

Remix 6 said:

Are those good players? :confused:

yea. better than what we have at WR..at CB and Barton is a pretty good LB

PATRIOTS-80 said:
The Seahawks aren't doin' the mess around. I believe they are offering their 1st.

Jets # 2 and "a pretty good player" is a better deal than the Seahawks #1 IMHO.

I really thought he would be back and I now do not believe there is a chance of that happening - I would love to know what his soon to be ex-teammates really think, methinks they (especially the defense) think the guy is full of himself and probably looking forward to a few bone jarring hits in the open field.

Last edited:
PATRIOTS-80 said:
Seattle's 1st will be around pick #30 whereas the Jets 2nd will be around pick #35....not that much of a difference

cloud34 said:
Seattle's 1st will be around pick #30 whereas the Jets 2nd will be around pick #35....not that much of a difference
and we get a player with the jets so yeah.

but i think Seahawks need their first for a TE next year eh?

Remix 6 said:

Barton wouldnt fit our system, Barrett flat out stinks. Miller is on his way to being a draft bust, Dyson is innury prone and aging.
Why would the Jets give up Coles and a pick for the right to overpay Branch?

I imagine the Jets wouldnt think about Coles for Branch straight up, given they have Coles under contract and must break the bank for Branch.
Regardless of how you rate Branch vs Coles, the upgrade clearly isnt enough for the cost.

If we do a deal with the Jets, I'd think the pretty good player would be one of their LB's. Maybe Hobson.

I think the Patriots should try to swap first and second round picks. That would be sweet.

PYPER said:
If we do a deal with the Jets, I'd think the pretty good player would be one of their LB's. Maybe Hobson.

I think the Patriots should try to swap first and second round picks. That would be sweet.

Bryan Thomas is an "elephant" type LB

By the way, in your sig you've spelled exaggerate wrong.

With two (or more) clubs involved at this stage, we now have an auction and can stop worrying about an underhanded attempt to undercut the Pats.

Deion's injury history encourages him to put this season on the line for big bucks, NE just has to struggle with the fact that Patriots' players are now sought after commodities and some of them will try to better themselves on the market - contract or no.

To date, I'm not disappointed in the team being put together by BB/SP for the long haul. Our DL and OL, not to mention that Michigan kid (what's his name?), are fairly settled in. The feature back of the future is here for five years and the #1 CB is in his second year. Seems like the draft picks for 2007 have been gathering in number too. At this point, no Deion controversy and at least a high second will allow the team to go into the season (one with a forecast "easy" schedule) and be competitive with scrap heap WRs and some pretty fair TE/RB combos behind an OL that has the promise to grow stronger as the season progresses.

What me worry, eh? :rocker:

Box_O_Rocks said:
With two (or more) clubs involved at this stage, we now have an auction and can stop worrying about an underhanded attempt to undercut the Pats.

Deion's injury history encourages him to put this season on the line for big bucks, NE just has to struggle with the fact that Patriots' players are now sought after commodities and some of them will try to better themselves on the market - contract or no.

To date, I'm not disappointed in the team being put together by BB/SP for the long haul. Our DL and OL, not to mention that Michigan kid (what's his name?), are fairly settled in. The feature back of the future is here for five years and the #1 CB is in his second year. Seems like the draft picks for 2007 have been gathering in number too. At this point, no Deion controversy and at least a high second will allow the team to go into the season (one with a forecast "easy" schedule) and be competitive with scrap heap WRs and some pretty fair TE/RB combos behind an OL that has the promise to grow stronger as the season progresses.

What me worry, eh? :rocker:

Ah, the voice of senil....sanity!

2 hours 45 minutes till judgement

Clonamery said:
Ah, the voice of senil....sanity!
:enranged: Curse you Red Baron!

If anything from the Jets I want the 2nd rounder AND LAVERANEUS COLES. Nothing else.

His stats are similar to Branch's. Slighty fewer receptions than Branch and about 1 hundred yards lower than Branch this season. He has had two 1000 yard seasons, hes only 28 and for 5 years in a row hes played all 16 games. I'm sure BB wants Coles if this deal were to happen.

Last edited:
huskeralk said:
If Dewayne Robertson is involved in this ordeal I will ***** and fall back in it. :eek:
Thank you for sharing that lovely image. Yeesh.

Holley says Seahawks offer is larger (closer to 39mil) but the Pats are still holding out for 2 #1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back