PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets & Vikings have agreements in principle with Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgater

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
From reports this morning, both teams are trying to come to agreement with the Pats regarding compensation.

Per who?????

Im not surprised with either but i doubt anyone gives up a first.

The more teams the better . . . we need something out of Branch, either the player or appropriate compensation.

doubt we do anything with Jets

SeanBruschi54 said:
P
Im not surprised with either but i doubt anyone gives up a first.
Especially bad (jets) and mediocre (vikings) teams but between picks this year, next year and/or players we could get first round value without actually getting a first round pick.

Remix 6 said:
IMO the jets are so bad we could trade Branch there without too much worry.

Minnesota was the team I thought Branch would end up with. Makes sense from their perspective.

Remix 6 said:
Why not? That wont be much of a threat for another 3 years or so.

I hope it's the Jets because we would get a higher pick from them.

The Jets are rebuilding, and I really doubt they'll be ready to compete before Branch's prime is done, so I have no clue why they want to pony up $$ and take cap space away from younger players, and give up a draft pick for Branch. The only reason I can think of is to attract fans, but even that seems weird, but if we can squeeze an unconditional first, or even swap place in the first round, we'll come out big winners, as either Paul Polunzky, or Calvin Johnson will be Patriots come this time next year.

Branch for Vilma wouldn't be too bad.

The interesting thing with the Vikings is that even with Koren gone they have Williamson, Taylor and M. Robinson so we could possibly get a very usable WR back from them plus a pick (depending on the WR).

NEM said:
Of the two teams mentioned, which has a quarterback capable of getting the ball to Branch in the same way Brady has done? Answer: Neither.

Branch better get it through his head, Beady made him what he is. Same, BTW, with Givens.

But if somebody hands him a long-term deal with tens of millions guaranteed it doesn't really matter, does it? This next contract will probably represent the vast majority of Deion's lifetime earnings.

NEM said:
Of the two teams mentioned, which has a quarterback capable of getting the ball to Branch in the same way Brady has done? Answer: Neither.

Branch better get it through his head, Beady made him what he is. Same, BTW, with Givens.

Both do, if Pennington's healthy. A couple of years ago (maybe still) Brad Johnson had the highest QB accuracy rate in the history of the NFL. And I think Penny has the record for a single season. Neither throws a deep ball worth a sh!t, but both can deliver the ball to Branch and let him make plays after the catch.

Cold Pizza said the NFC team is undisclosed but is believed to be the Seahawks.

NEM said:

True enough, but I could see the Vikings making a big push. Not just in regards to Branch's salary but also in trade value.

Unlike the Jets, they have an opportunity to be competitive in their division.

Brad Johnson is not a horrible QB.

That being said, the Vikings 2007 1st rounder would be acceptable.

Ceresco said:

i hope your kidding? A top 5 YOUNG LB for a 2nd tier WR..thats a joke. Jets wouldnt even consider moving Vilma

dryheat44 said:
Both do, if Pennington's healthy. A couple of years ago (maybe still) Brad Johnson had the highest QB accuracy rate in the history of the NFL. And I think Penny has the record for a single season. Neither throws a deep ball worth a sh!t, but both can deliver the ball to Branch and let him make plays after the catch.
Concur, but be patient, AZ sand blindness limits lots of people's ability to watch football. :(

Ceresco said:

Quit dreaming.

dryheat said:

Agreed. Most of Branch's memorable plays were deep bombs (2 vs. Pitt, Carolina), but runs far more intermediate and short routes than long.

I would be shocked if the Vikings don't step up to the plate. The just lost their #1 WR and last year's #1 pick hasn't developed yet. In the NFC, they could be a playoff team with Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back