PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Niners in on Aaron Rodgers?

Rodgers to 49ers is more enticing.

Deebo Samuel, Aiyuk, McCafferty, Kittle

Rodgers going to the Niners and winning it all would be the biggest FU to all his critics. Not sure why he would want to go the Jets over SF...

which cuts against the argument that Brady can make bad players look average, or average players look good....at least outside the NE system.
Brady was ****ing 45 this season. He made players (and COACHES) look way better than they were for his entire career in New England. It's been a **** show since he left. Tampa Bay literally had the worst winning percentage of any professional franchise before Brady arrived. They won the Super Bowl in year 1 after getting blanked in the postseason for 17 years. Brady is The System.

Brady was ****ing 45 this season. He made players (and COACHES) look way better than they were for his entire career in New England. It's been a **** show since he left. Tampa Bay literally had the worst winning percentage of any professional franchise before Brady arrived. They won the Super Bowl in year 1 after getting blanked in the postseason for 17 years. Brady is The System.

Nothing would have changed had Brady stayed past 2019 since the receiving corps was and still is garbage. Maybe the Pats advance further in the playoffs than they would have under Mac but they would not have reached the SB from 2020-2022. Brady's lower numbers in 2018 and 2019 is proof that he can't do it by himself anymore. He needed weapons once he turned 41.

49ers should be all in on trading for Rodgers. This roster they have is not going to last. This is a prime example of a team wasting the good drafting they have had and rely on playing the "future" card.

The Packers will want to trade Rogers to the AFC, San Fran would have to give up an absurd amount of draft capital to make it happen and they’re already happy with Purdy.

Bruce Arians was the brains of the outfit, and without him Tampa fell apart. Offensively they abandoned the run game which was a danger back in 2020 he didn’t allow, which undoubtedly was the cause of reported friction between him, his star QB and the offensive coordinator. Brady is the best QB in history, he can’t be both QB and coordinator.

His ability to elevate players around him started to die out around 2018...
You mean the year he won his last SB as a Patriot after beating Mahomes at Arrowhead in the AFCCG and two years before his team curb-stomped Mahomes in a SB?

Shutterstock_13454915br.jpg

What does Dave what's his face say on pizza reviews? One bite, everyone knows the rules. Aaron Rodgers thread... everyone knows the rules.

I would love to see this happen. Get to watch the Jets scramble and have to sign Teddy Bridgewater or Carson Wentz and then fire everyone in January.

You mean the year he won his last SB as a Patriot after beating Mahomes at Arrowhead in the AFCCG and two years before his team curb-stomped Mahomes in a SB?

He played like crap in the 2018 playoffs (2 TDs, 3 INTs)...and in 2020 his teammates elevated him.

Nothing would have changed had Brady stayed past 2019 since the receiving corps was and still is garbage. Maybe the Pats advance further in the playoffs than they would have under Mac but they would not have reached the SB from 2020-2022. Brady's lower numbers in 2018 and 2019 is proof that he can't do it by himself anymore. He needed weapons once he turned 41.

I feel like y'all are coming at this from the wrong perspective. You're not incorrect in that pass catching options were trash in 2020, but I have to believe he would've done markedly better than Mac in 2021/2022 and made us more contentious and possibly run deeper into the playoffs.

With that being said, Brady could never "do it himself." He always had a Walker, Eldeman, Moss, Gronk, AH, James White, Amendola, etc. to help him reign it in. Yes, he was amazing and elevated players, but even he couldn't elevate a fringe talent without having an above average talent to draw the better coverage.

I guess I gotta be pointed to a year where he did it all himself. I feel like this is the crux of the whole "Brady vs. Belichick" debate. Neither of them have ever been able to do it themselves. They're just markedly better than their peers when they have comparable pieces at play.

I definitely DO NOT want Rodgers landing in San Francisco. Because it may be the only spot of the few available where he could win a Super Bowl. I will gladly pass on this douchebag hoisting a second Lombardi. Let him go to the Jets, where they'll be competitive, maybe even a playoff team, but they're not getting through the gauntlet of the AFC in the postseason.

Shutterstock_13454915br.jpg

What does Dave what's his face say on pizza reviews? One bite, everyone knows the rules. Aaron Rodgers thread... everyone knows the rules.
I am being an ignoramus here. What's the connection between Rodgers and M/s Vayntrub.

Why would San Fran do this?

It undermines Purdy, who was an incredible find. He'll be back early in the season, the players like and respect him, he has a season under his belt.

The cost for AR could be used to add talent around him - and add to the defense (which is already pretty damn good).

Between salary and drama, AR would be a detriment. You've got your QB of the future - build around him and enjoy some extended success.

Why would San Fran do this?
Rodgers is better than Purdy who also is attempting to return from a serious elbow injury. A motivated Rodgers probably has 2-3 seasons left of above average play, which is enough to put that team over the top.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back