PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Chatter & Dreams

Isnt Higgins on the last year of his rookie deal?
Nobody is going to give a first for Higgins . Maybe second .

And is a second more worth than the potential to win a Superbowl ? And does Uche provide more value to them than Higgins.

I think we should just let both of them play their rookie contracts on original team and hit paydirt next year.

You’re right and I bow to your expertise. How could I think of trading the next N’Keal Harry (44 catches) or the chance of drafting the likes of 2 lightning bolts like Chad Jackson (14 catches) & and Tyquan Thornton (24 catches) for a guy like Tee Higgins who outperformed all 3 of them (229 catches) and would very likely be our elusive WR1. Since he was a #2 pick without a 5th year option you only make the trade if an extension is worked out. Odds of that happening may be better than being able to extend Uche.
you said it yourself, if an extension could be worked out. for me, that's the deal breaker. Higgins wants to get paid. after foolishly extending Parker, signing JuJu and maybe wanting to resign Bourne, will the Pats extend themselves on a very good WR that wants top of market money yet has been a very good #2 behind Chase? I would doubt the Pats would

I’m not sure people realize how awful Higgins has been this season. He has a single game over 21 yards and the worst catch/target rate in the league (among qualifiers). He has dropped 22% of his catchable targets (4/18). He’s at least equal to Parker on the “falling short of expectations” scale, probably closer to JuJu.

Surely he’ll be fixed after trading a 1st for him and giving him $25M per year, right?

I’m glad you’re looking at who the Pats should acquire. I’m not a fan of being a seller. Unless it’s Parker or Juju.
Agreed 100%. I've mentioned that from here on out for the rest of the season it has to be about the offense. Solely on the offensive production that is part that's held this team back. If we can steadily improve off last week then reaching 29 points should not be that unattainable most games. I'd absolutely like a uche for Tee Higgins trade. That would immensely give us a bona-fide # 1 WR.. just imagine Higgins on the outside, Douglas in the slot that's some serious speed.

I dont really want Higgins, I think he'll get overpaid. He's another big body receiver, I'd rather spend resources on a great separator. I have a feeling Higgins will be a disappointment with the next team he's on.

Meaningless, unless it is a reliable reporter/source.

May I propose another rule for this thread, that any rumors/inside info must be sourced, with a link? Reading something by Schefter is very different than reading something written by Incarcerated Bob or Mo Chanel. Also, remember that an opinion piece about “deals that would makes sense“ is not relevant.
Agreed. And the click bait incentive has some "commentators" out there inventing ridiculous trade scenarios and pretending they are real.

I dont really want Higgins, I think he'll get overpaid. He's another big body receiver, I'd rather spend resources on a great separator. I have a feeling Higgins will be a disappointment with the next team he's on.
Something is very wrong with Burrow. The Bengals have one of the bottom offenses in the AFC right now.

Higgins has basically had 1000 yard seasons since drafted. Tee Higgins Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last edited:
you said it yourself, if an extension could be worked out. for me, that's the deal breaker. Higgins wants to get paid. after foolishly extending Parker, signing JuJu and maybe wanting to resign Bourne, will the Pats extend themselves on a very good WR that wants top of market money yet has been a very good #2 behind Chase? I would doubt the Pats would
Considering our ability to “Chase” and draft WR’s, I’d take a guy who is more proven and would definitely be our WR1 - I’d take the chance and extend him (then go light a candle)!

Considering our ability to “Chase” and draft WR’s, I’d take a guy who is more proven and would definitely be our WR1 - I’d take the chance and extend him (then go light a candle)!
Ja Mar Chase has always drawn the other teams #1 CB or double coverage. Higgins has done very well in the #2 role. will he as the Pats #1?
the top 15 paid WR's are getting an AAV of $20m plus. I assume that where Higgins settles. I don't see it here

Just read an article about how the Patriots might want to trade Uche because he hasn't played well. OK, I can accept he hasn't played well. Then the evidence they used: Uche only has 6 sacks in 6 games.

Um... so, projecting that production forward, you think 17 sacks would be not very good for a defender? ummmm

Ja Mar Chase has always drawn the other teams #1 CB or double coverage. Higgins has done very well in the #2 role. will he as the Pats #1?
the top 15 paid WR's are getting an AAV of $20m plus. I assume that where Higgins settles. I don't see it here
Well it may be time to try something new cause what we’re doing now sure ain’t workin… If we have a “gazillion” bucks to spend to our cap next season I sure wouldn’t want to spend it on the next coming of Nelson Agholor…

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back