PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Say What Sean McDermott??

I don't know if its true, but if it is, it surely reaches the Top Tier Level of WTF???

from florio

Yeah... I understand the intent he meant.. but.... McDermott has been known to be a strange duck.. don't think the guy's ever cracked a smile.

Yeah, smells like a smear campaign.
No, what's scary is, it's not. He actually apologized for it today:

--

Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott said on Thursday that he regretted comments about 9/11 that he made during a team meeting in 2019.

“I’m gonna reference a team meeting that has been brought up. My intent in the meeting that day was to discuss the importance of communication and being on the same page on the team,” McDermott said. “I regretted mentioning 9/11 in my message that day and I immediately apologized to the team that day.

“Not only was 9/11 a horrific event in our country’s history, but a day that I lost a good family friend.”

McDermott was responding to a story from Go Long that was published early Thursday that detailed the speech made by the coach during Buffalo’s training camp in 2019.

--

Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott said on Thursday that he regretted comments about 9/11 that he made during a team meeting in 2019.

“I’m gonna reference a team meeting that has been brought up. My intent in the meeting that day was to discuss the importance of communication and being on the same page on the team,” McDermott said. “I regretted mentioning 9/11 in my message that day and I immediately apologized to the team that day.

“Not only was 9/11 a horrific event in our country’s history, but a day that I lost a good family friend.”

McDermott was responding to a story from Go Long that was published early Thursday that detailed the speech made by the coach during Buffalo’s training camp in 2019.
Did he update to say he meant Hamas not the 9/11 hijackers?

This Buffalo team reminds me a lot of the Luck Indys. Bunch of overhyped losers who ascend to the AMAZING level of losing the AFFCG. Modern hype is outrageous. They have done nothing. And their coach, once touted as top few in the league…. surprise surprise…. Nothing to show for it.

Wild card winner banner anyone ?

Whelp. Now that the smear campaign is in full swing, we can add Buffalo as a team in need of a HC this offseason.

Looks like the attempt to run him out of town is on if this leaked 2 years later.

This just reinforces my theory that spending time in cold, dreary, upstate NY can have long lasting effects on the brain.....

* I speak from 4 years of experience...felt life a lifetime...
I've been here since 1992. Love it. This is one of the most beautiful places in the USA.

That being said, he seems to have said it in training camp the summer of 2019, which is when he arrived in western NY.

1701993770871.png
Yes what tactics did the terrorists use to be a terrorist team and what got in their way? SMH.

Amazing this story didn’t come out for 4 years…

Alex Jones enters the chat...

GIF by Giphy QA

--

Yeah I saw that later.

Just wow.

They Bout to lose to the Chefs Sunday too

I don't know if its true, but if it is, it surely reaches the Top Tier Level of WTF???

from florio

Then there was the so-called “Niagara Falls” speech.

“In December 2021, locals will recall the news of a woman deliberately driving into the waterway that spills into the falls,” Dunne explains. “She drifted down the Niagara River before her vehicle was lodged against a rock about 50 yards from the brink. McDermott studied up and pieced together a speech. The coach explained how members from the Coast Guard did everything they could to save the woman. He built up the drama. Players held on tight for an inspiring apex, and . . . nothing. He said the woman died. End of story. The complete absence of a point had some players biting their tongues, trying their hardest not to laugh.”
and people say BB doesnt have the social skills

Yeah... I understand the intent he meant.. but.... McDermott has been known to be a strange duck.. don't think the guy's ever cracked a smile.
What a lack of imagination (and sensitivity) if that's the example he chose of teamwork.

--

When y'all clamor for a new HC (as some were thinking where can be find a McDermott to replace BB), be careful what you wish for - the devil you know or the one you don't. Yeah he's old, but he's our senile uncle (or older/younger brother for some of us). I think I might dislike my own post.

Edit: Ian why won't you let me dislike my own post?

Going to need a defensive score tonight with what little they have on offense. If Zappe can do something with this group, should be a lot of chatter about him tomorrow into next week.

I feel like everyone who says the name of that stadium ends up sounding drunk thanks to that weird name.

What a lack of imagination (and sensitivity) if that's the example he chose of teamwork.
Agreed.. there are a million other examples he could have used..

he used a strange model: the terrorists on Sept. 11, 2001. He cited the hijackers as a group of people who were all able to get on the same page to orchestrate attacks to perfection...
Besides the bizarre choice of example. Its also incorrect. They didn't orchestrate the attacks to perfection. See United 93.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back