PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets tried to get Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm 90% sure that I (and a lot other posters here) know more about the Jets than he does. The first red flag was when, listing major injuries to the Jets, he failed to mention Leonhard (probably the most significant injury that they dealt with, and the one that very well may have kept them out of the Super Bowl). Not remembering that Bodden even played for the Patriots in '09 was the other, given the performance that you just cited.

LOL, yeah, ok stretch..

Don't you only prove my point further by mentioning Leonard?

So thanks for that.

Sure, Sanchez was a rookie, and had several poor games his rookie year, most rookie QB's do.

Bodden has been a journeyman CB, are you seriously trying to make him out to be bigger than he is because he has a couple of INT's on a rookie QB?

no...what we're trying to do is educate YOU...YOU stated "has Bodden even played a game yet????"...and the responses have been to EDUCATE you that yes, he HAS ...a full season already...with stats that jump out at you from a particular Jet game...funny you can't remember...you seem to have a photographic memory about every single item associated with the Patriots that is a negative in your eyes.

Last edited:
Ok, so Tate has proven he wasn't worthy to keep, no problem.

But what the hell has Price done to convince you he is better than Tate, because he doesn't have an NFL game statistic.

Tate was in the pro bowl, was he not? Was he not a valuable KR?
Are you drinking while posting?

Woodhead hadn't done anything wrong, he also at the time didn't do anything to make his case for the Jets to keep him over McKnight, that's all I'm saying. Not sure what is so hard about this comparison, they are exactly the same.
They are supposed to be able to evaluate talent. They missed this one by miles.

But what the hell has Price done to convince you he is better than Tate, because he doesn't have an NFL game statistic.

You are wrong. Seriously, do you make even a passing attempt to check your facts, or are you so busy burying yourself deeper that you don't even bother?

As I mentioned earlier, I'm 90% sure that I (and a lot other posters here) know more about the Jets than he does. The first red flag was when, listing major injuries to the Jets, he failed to mention Leonhard (probably the most significant injury that they dealt with, considering that he was the field general in the secondary. No coincidence that 45-3 happened the week after they lost him, although it wouldn't surprise me if Jetfan doesn't remember that either. Not remembering that Bodden even played for the Patriots in '09 was the other, given the performance that you just cited.
I know its just so much fun:)

What?
First, again, they cut him to keep Clowney.

Second, are you ****ting me? You think his talent was created by the stats?
The guy who made those plays was the guy they cut.
They either are horrible talent evaluators or were saving face with their draft pick. You can choose which.

Can we go back now to you explaining how the Jets being willing to cut 7 of their own players to claim guys cut off of other rosters (sorry 8) isnt proof they have poor depth?
You have lost the Woodhead argument in a landslide, but you actually have even a worse argument on this one.

No, I haven't lost anything.

You brought up his stats, he didn't have any stats when the Jets released him.

You're essentially saying the Jets were stupid for releasing him because YOU knew how he would perform for the Pats once obtained.

You can't be serious with this bull****?

Just the same as if I said that the Pats are stupid and arrogant for releasing Tate and keeping Price, would be equally as stupid.

LOL, yeah, ok stretch..

Don't you only prove my point further by mentioning Leonard?

So thanks for that.

As I already pointed out, Revis, Jenkins, Leonhard, Pace, and Woody (another one that you missed) combined missed fewer games than Warren and Bodden. The Jets didn't deal with even close to as many injuries as the Pats did.

You are wrong. Seriously, do you make even a passing attempt to check your facts, or are you so busy burying yourself deeper that you don't even bother?

I get it, it's the whole "hey guys, there is a Jet fan on the board, let's get him." :rolleyes:

Sure, I bother to check the facts, I'm too busy reminding AJ that when the Jets released Woodhead, he didn't have any stats.

Bodden is a journeyman CB, the stats say so.

Last edited:
As I already pointed out, Revis, Jenkins, Leonhard, Pace, and Woody (another one that you missed) combined missed fewer games than Warren and Bodden. The Jets didn't deal with even close to as many injuries as the Pats did.

And I'm pointing out that I disagree, that all teams deal with injuries. The players you list are rather significant players, in fact, they are core players. Aside from Warren, who else was a big loss?

I get it, it's the whole "hey guys, there is a Jet fan on the board, let's get him."

Sure, I bother to check the facts, I'm too busy reminding AJ that when the Jets released Woodhead, he didn't have any stats.

What stats define a CB as a journeyman?

On September 3, 2009, the Jets faced the Philadelphia Eagles in a preseason matchup. During this game, Woodhead rushed for 158 yards, the NFL's second-highest preseason total since 1992, and two touchdowns.[6] Woodhead initially survived final cuts in September 2009, only to be waived a day later on September 6. He was re-signed to the Jets' practice squad on September 8.[7] In October, Woodhead was moved from running back to wide receiver and on October 17, he was signed to the active roster after Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith became injured.

Woodhead saw his first regular season action on October 25, 2009. In the 38–0 win over the Oakland Raiders, Woodhead rushed three times for 24 yards.[8]

He was waived on September 14, 2010.[9]

heh....yeah...Woodhead NEVER did anything...the Jets HAD to keep McKnight

Better football player based on what?
Ability

A better football player in what regard?
Pretty much every regard.

I never once said anything about what McKnight will become, this is strictly a debate about why the Jets retained McKnight over Woodhead, once again, at the time Woodhead was released, Woodhead hadn't done **** at the NFL level, he didn't have any stats.
You are trying to say McK has greater upside. I am illustrating that is stupid because Woodhead has already outplayed the best projection anyone could have of the ceiling of McK.
Woodhead was the player who produced those numbers the day he was cut. Do you really think NFL teams read statsheets to judge players, and don't know what they are before they produce stats? Really?

That's true, but let's not be silly and ignore the fact that the Jets cut Woodhead over McKnight because of Clowney.
Doubling how ill-advised and poorly managed that decision was.

I get it, it's the whole "hey guys, there is a Jet fan on the board, let's get him." :rolleyes:

see preceding post above...especially if you are an argumentative Jet fan

What stats define a CB as a journeyman?

What stats define that he isn't?

When people think of the Pats defense, they sure aren't thinking of Leigh Bodden...

I get it, it's the whole "hey guys, there is a Jet fan on the board, let's get him."

I actually like a few of the Jets fans on here. Even a guy like Faulk, who gets a generally cool reception around here, seems okay to me. When someone genuinely wants to talk football, I'll be the first to do it with them. When they want to come in making assertions about the Patriots that are objectively untrue, then respond to being corrected by doubling down on their original point, then they're clearly not here to talk about football. FWIW, there are a lot of Patriots fans on here that get similar treatment.

When the Jets released Woodhead, McKnight didn't have any stats either, so what's your point? It's their job to make that call based on what they see on the field, not rely on stats that neither player had ever been in a position to accrue. Your fixation on past stats to evaluate players who have no NFL past to speak of indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of what training camp is largely for.

And yes, Bodden is a journeyman CB, you'll get no disagreement from me there. As far as journeymen go, he's awfully good at what he does, and he's a great system fit, but he's a journeyman nonetheless.

Honestly, can you really not admit that cutting Woodhead to pick up Clowney was a mistake? They cut Clowney three weeks later anyways. Even if you argue that Woodhead's success is largely due to how the Patriots use him--I actually agree with you, and have made that point quite a few times, regardless of how unpopular it is around here--it should be self-evident that he could have helped the Jets more than Clowney did.

Last edited:

Whether or not he even is a journeyman CB, is completely irrelevant.

You said that "besides Mankins" we didn't have any injuries/losses.

Bodden was the #1 CB heading into last yr, so it was indeed a huge blow.

FWIW--when you have 5 INT's, 2 fumble returns, and 17 passes defended, I am not sure that makes you a 'journeyman' CB--but again, it is irrelevant to your argument anyway.

And no one was 'picking on you.' At all. You keep digging further and further.

What stats define that he isn't?

When people think of the Pats defense, they sure aren't thinking of Leigh Bodden...

Your comment:

I'm asking you what stats say this. Don't try turning this around on me. You're getting away with that tactic with the others here, but I don't play that way.

Ability

Pretty much every regard.

And with that, this debate is over, since you refuse to participate with any logical or objective reasoning.

So I get it, Woodhead has better ability than McKnight, just because.

Price has more ability, just because.

Riveting... :rolleyes:

On September 3, 2009, the Jets faced the Philadelphia Eagles in a preseason matchup. During this game, Woodhead rushed for 158 yards, the NFL's second-highest preseason total since 1992, and two touchdowns.[6] Woodhead initially survived final cuts in September 2009, only to be waived a day later on September 6. He was re-signed to the Jets' practice squad on September 8.[7] In October, Woodhead was moved from running back to wide receiver and on October 17, he was signed to the active roster after Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith became injured.

Woodhead saw his first regular season action on October 25, 2009. In the 38–0 win over the Oakland Raiders, Woodhead rushed three times for 24 yards.[8]

He was waived on September 14, 2010.[9]

heh....yeah...Woodhead NEVER did anything...the Jets HAD to keep McKnight

pre-season

You try so hard though... :rolleyes:

And I'm pointing out that I disagree, that all teams deal with injuries. The players you list are rather significant players, in fact, they are core players. Aside from Warren, who else was a big loss?
Bodden who as we have shown you is the starting corner
Faulk
Mankins
Neal
Welker (still recovering from injury year before)
Morris
Taylor
Warren
McGowam
Wilhite
Chung
Spikes
Cunnigham (rookie missed all 4 preseason games)
Brace
Deaderick
Wright
Pryor
Hernanndez

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back