PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets tried to get Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see somebody snuck out of bed and got on the computer while his parents were sleeping... :rolleyes:

??? 2:30 am i'm in college and caffeine at 8 is keeping me up. 2 coffees l8 bad idea:(

He's just trolling, Supa. He knows he's getting his ass kicked on just about every point. He just doesn't care.

How am I trolling?

I was enjoying a discussion until the one clown started breaking out the insults and his message board muscles...

Pretty sure I'm not getting my ass kicked about anything, I have my viewpoints as you have your own.

??? 2:30 am i'm in college and caffeine at 8 is keeping me up. 2 coffees l8 bad idea:(

Ahh college... Yes... Good times, indeed... Enjoy it!!

Do you always call people "chumps" on the internet you don't know?

The only significant absence the Pats had last year was Mankins, until he signed...

You keep digging yourself a deeper hole with every post bro.

FWIW--We were the only team since the 2002 ARZ Cards to lose 2 or more starters on defense before the season even started.

They lost their #1 CB in Bodden in training camp, and their #1 DE in Ty Warren. They then lost their #1 sack leader in Wright 1/2 way through the season, and he never returned. By the end of the yr in the playoff game, the entire defensive line was completely decimated, and was made up of 2 guys that were literally on the street in December.

They also traded Moss 3 games into the season, and were left with a huge hole there too. That isn't even bringing up Faulk, who was their leader at RB at the time, and one of the premeire 3rd down backs in the league for the entire yr....

Mankins was also out for 1/2 of the yr in a holdout, and I can't remember if the starting RG (Neal) played or not?

THIS..out of all of your posts is the biggest fail in my opinion.

Last edited:
I think I covered this pretty explicitly.

No, they weren't wrong, just as the Pats are probably not wrong for keeping Price over a player like Tate. Can you honestly tell me what the difference is at this point?

Price is a better player, right now, than Tate is. Today. Upside doesn't even have to enter into the equation to justify that decision.

Pretty sure I'm not getting my ass kicked about anything, I have my viewpoints as you have your own.

yup...that's for sure....you think a player is 35 and the rest of the world KNOWS he's 34...but that doesn't stop you from posting and reposting the exact same ERROR multiple times in the same thread.

Here's a Zen riddle...if one kicks one's own ass is one getting his ass kicked?

Ty Warren and Leigh Bodden say hello. If guys not being up to form, ala Holmes, count, then Welker and Moss too. We also lost Stephen Neal (starting RG) for an extended period of time, as well as most of our d-line. Having a starting LB get suspended for PEDs didn't help either, which I wouldn't normally count, but if Holmes counts then he certainly does.

And once again, if Holmes hadn't been suspended, you wouldn't have been able to trade for him in the first place, so trying to use his games missed as something that team had to suffer through is just asinine. The Jets are still thanking their lucky stars that he got suspended.

What the heck does this even mean?

So can I use the "If Mo Lewis never knocked Drew Bledsoe into the next month" nobody would know who Tom Brady was?

C'mon...

The point is, the Jets didn't have him, but still beat the Pats. The Jets won games too without their best players, all teams have injuries.

Price is a better player, right now, than Tate is. Today. Upside doesn't even have to enter into the equation to justify that decision.

Where are the stats to back this up?

What the heck does this even mean?

So can I use the "If Mo Lewis never knocked Drew Bledsoe into the next month" nobody would know who Tom Brady was?

C'mon...

The point is, the Jets didn't have him, but still beat the Pats. The Jets won games too without their best players, all teams have injuries.

If a Pats fan tries to use the Bledsoe injury as an example of how unfortunate the Pats were, then yeah, go ahead and laugh at them. I'll join you. I actually liked Bledsoe, and I'll be the first to admit that that hit was one of the most fortunate things to ever happen to the franchise.

I'm drawing a very straight line here. Holmes' suspension wasn't adversity that the Jets had to deal with. It was a boon for them; it was what made the Steelers willing to trade him for a price that the Jets were able to pay. Without the suspension, he isn't a Jet at all. The Holmes suspension was a great thing for the Jets, not a bad thing.

Last edited:
How am I trolling?

I was enjoying a discussion until the one clown started breaking out the insults and his message board muscles...

You're trolling.

You're getting beaten like a red headed stepchild.

Your viewpoints have been dismantled by facts.

You still can't tell us which wide receivers Tate is clearly better than. You still can't explain how the Jets are building through the draft by getting rid of 11 out of 28 draft picks in a 4 year stretch, and bringing in veteran after veteran. You still can't adequately justify the cutting of Woodhead. You still can't grasp the difference between NFL ready and starter ready (Light/Mankins/Koppen/Waters/Vollmer all clearly starter ready, Solder/Connolly clearly NFL ready). You still can't tell us how you re-stock an aging running backs corps without bringing in more running backs.

You still can't really do anything except post a bunch of stuff you know is garbage, really, and you don't care because you're just using the time to bash the Patriots for faults real and (largely) imagined. More power to you, because you've livened up an otherwise boring night for me, but don't pretend you're not trolling.

You don't give up on a player after 1 year, it wasn't arrogant and stupid, it was the right decision.
You gave up on Woodhead after 1 year.
You can't possibly tell me you think McKnight is a better player.

No it isn't.

I support your right to have an opinion and be 100% wrong.

Really? What has Price proven?
He beat out Tate.

{quote] Slater? Neither has the credentials of Tate, but both probably have better upside, [/quote]
What in the world are you talking about?Slater is a special teams stud. What 'upside'? What credentials does Tate have?
How does Price a 3rd round pick, have a higher 'upside' than Tate, a 3rd round pick, who was only in the 3rd round because he was injured and likely to miss his rookie year?
This is the exact opposite of what you are claiming. The Patriots kept the guys who will help them win at the expense of the bs you are calling upside.
Like I said upside is what you use for "I cant think of a reason"

pretty much the same exact reason why the Jets kept McKnight over Woodhead. Stop making Woodhead out to be something he isn't, again, there is a reason why they have BGJE and spent two draft picks on the RB position.
Wait, since we have another RB who plays (you have Green and Tomlinson) and drafted 2 RBs, that diminishes what Woodhead is? Then you drafting McKnight and Mr 35 Yards of Flash must tell me that Tomlinson and/or Green are no good.
Woodhead is what he is, and thats a guy who gained more yards on 70 fewer touches than Green and 75% of what Tomlinson gained on less than half the touches.
I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but thats who Rex gave away.

No, that is just the Pats fan spin of Rex, it isn't about the camera, it's about his mantra and how he runs his program, and how he gets the most out of his players, everything he does is genuine, it's not an act.
BS. If it isnt about the camera then why is he out in front of it trying to convince whoever is listening to believe how good he says he is?
If its not attention whoring why doesnt he keep it in the lockerroom.
Clearly you know that soon he will be considered a boob for guaranteeing a SB he never wins.

As did the Jets Woodhead,
mistake
not re-signing Edwards,
the guy you got is worse, and hilariously no one wanted this one either {quote] releasing Cotchery,[/quote]
No Cotchery asked out.
these were all decisions that were not inclusively popular with jet fans, but he did it. To suggest Tannenbaum makes decisions based on what the fanbase thinks is just stupid, period.
He either kept McKnight instead of Woodhead because he was a draft pick or because he made a terrible decision. You can choose.

Then the only thing I can think is you have no clue about the Jets roster, or its depth.
Thats what you have to think, because the alternative is admitting the fact that you have no depth. If all you have is excuses and upside, you have nothing.

The irony of the Gholston barb is I thought he was a boom or bust the day he was drafted. I knew about his physical ability, but I also knew he was a player that wasn't passionate about playing football, and that was his problem, but why pretend to sit here and suggest you had any inkling of what I thought of Gholston, how the hell would you know?
I didnt suggest I had any idea, I asked you a question. Since when does asking a question mean I am pretending to know what you think, isnt that why you ask a question.
I suppose your irratiional and defensive response probably gives me the true answer, in lieu of your message board everything Jet related must be 100% positive version.

Sorry if I have agitated you by discussing the lack of depth on the Jets.

You keep digging yourself a deeper hole with every post bro.

FWIW--We were the only team since the 2002 ARZ Cards to lose 2 or more starters on defense before the season even started.

They lost their #1 CB in Bodden in training camp, and their #1 DE in Ty Warren. They then lost their #1 sack leader in Wright 1/2 way through the season, and he never returned. By the end of the yr in the playoff game, the entire defensive line was completely decimated, and was made up of 2 guys that were literally on the street in December.

They also traded Moss 3 games into the season, and were left with a huge hole there too. That isn't even bringing up Faulk, who was their leader at RB at the time, and one of the premeire 3rd down backs in the league for the entire yr....

Mankins was also out for 1/2 of the yr in a holdout, and I can't remember if the starting RG (Neal) played or not?

THIS..out of all of your posts is the biggest fail in my opinion.

Why do Pats fans keep mentioning Bodden? Has he even played a regular season game for them yet?

Yeah, ok, Warren was a loss, was it bigger than the Jets losing Jenkins?

Wright? Who?

As for Moss, I thought Pats fans were saying his trade was a win because it allowed Brady and the offense to return to the offensive flow where he was able to spread the ball around and not have to satisfy the diva WR on the downside of his career? Can't have it both ways...

Is there a stat for Tate being unable to get open a few days ago against players who, as of yesterday, are no longer in the NFL? If there is, then sure, look at that stat. Price did better against first stringers than Tate did against car salesmen.

The only stat that you need to know is that Tate had 20-25 catches in 2 yrs here.

That, and the fact that he could not properly read/run/react to his tree routes based on the opposing defense made him a bad fit here. There's also the change in the kickoff rule, which was about the icing on the cake and the last thing going for him.

Regardless of whether or not Price works out, Tate was not going to cut it here, and was getting to be a waste of space on a very competitive 53 man roster.

Any comparison to the Woodhead situation (what did he do there that is even close to Tate's issues here?) is way off-base.

That is the difference..And it is a very substantial difference at that.

More power to you, because you've livened up an otherwise boring night for me, but don't pretend you're not trolling.

you saved me the keystrokes...thanx...some day during the offseason, I'll have to break out Ray Ray 19's famous "Coles!...no,Santana Moss!...no,Coles!...no,Moss!!....Coles!!...Moss!!...Coles...!!" spinfest as the two players kept shuttling between NY and Washington....

I support your right to have an opinion and be 100% wrong.

He beat out Tate.

{quote] Slater? Neither has the credentials of Tate, but both probably have better upside,

Exactly, Price has done nothing, as has Slater, but both have better upside. So is Belichick arrogant and stupid for keeping either over Tate?

Not sure why you continue to argue this point when the comparison is as clear as the day is long.

Why is Tannenbaum arrogant for keeping McKnight over Woodhead, who BTW hadn't done **** during a regular season game at the time. I know you were quick to try and spin and skew stats into the argument, but let's not rewrite history, when Tannenbaum released him, he hadn't done a thing in an NFL game other than run a couple of routes as a back-up WR.

Anyway, how is Tannenbaum keeping McKnight over Woodhead not the same as Belichick keeping Price and/or Slater over Tate?

The answer is, it isn't, it's exactly the same.

Is there a stat for Tate being unable to get open a few days ago against players who, as of yesterday, are no longer in the NFL? If there is, then sure, look at that stat. Price did better against first stringers than Tate did against car salesmen.

You mean in the pre-season?

Why do Pats fans keep mentioning Bodden? Has he even played a regular season game for them yet?

Wright? Who?

As for Moss, I thought Pats fans were saying his trade was a win because it allowed Brady and the offense to return to the offensive flow where he was able to spread the ball around and not have to satisfy the diva WR on the downside of his career? Can't have it both ways...

Bodden played 15 games for us in 2009. You should know that, considering that he intercepted Sanchez three times and got a TD in one of those games. Do you even watch your team?

And yes, losing Warren, a mainstay for the previous 7+ years, was a bigger deal than the Jets losing someone who they had already planned on playing without, since he had missed almost the full year before and was playing with rubber bands for ACLs. They would have been lucky to get 5 games out of him, and they would have to be idiots not to realize that. FWIW, I don't think they are idiots- they knew what to do without him, and knew that whatever they got was a bonus.

Last edited:

Wright? Who?

Has Bodden ever played a game for the Patriots?????? Of course not...and HE'S 35 too!!!

YOU WIN, Spin Spin!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back