PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets tried to get Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comment:

I'm asking you what stats say this. Don't try turning this around on me. You're getting away with that tactic with the others here, but I don't play that way.

Like I said, when people think of the Pats defense, they don't think of Bodden.

He's a solid player, nothing more, IMO. He's now on his 3rd team, with the Pats, that is a journeyman DB.

Last edited:
On September 3, 2009, the Jets faced the Philadelphia Eagles in a preseason matchup. During this game, Woodhead rushed for 158 yards, the NFL's second-highest preseason total since 1992, and two touchdowns.[6] Woodhead initially survived final cuts in September 2009, only to be waived a day later on September 6. He was re-signed to the Jets' practice squad on September 8.[7] In October, Woodhead was moved from running back to wide receiver and on October 17, he was signed to the active roster after Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith became injured.

Woodhead saw his first regular season action on October 25, 2009. In the 38–0 win over the Oakland Raiders, Woodhead rushed three times for 24 yards.[8]

He was waived on September 14, 2010.[9]

heh....yeah...Woodhead NEVER did anything...the Jets HAD to keep McKnight

Just another prime example that clearly shows absolutely no relation whatsoever to the Tate/Woodhead example that he is arguing.

Woodhead had produced and shown flashes, he certainly did not disappoint as Tate did here. The comparison of the 2 is just silly.

see preceding post above...especially if you are an argumentative Jet fan

What is an argumentative Jet fan?

This is a message board

This is a discusson on a football message board

Some of us are having a football discussion

You on the other hand are hurling nonsense and innuendo

Feel free to participate with some discussion at anytime.

He's a solid player, nothing more, IMO. He's now on his 3rd team, with the Pats, that is a journeyman DB.

So you've got no stats and just made that crap up.

Incidently, Moss was a journeyman player by your standards, as was Kurt Warner.

And with that, this debate is over, since you refuse to participate with any logical or objective reasoning.

So I get it, Woodhead has better ability than McKnight, just because.

Price has more ability, just because.

Riveting... :rolleyes:
What dont you understand? Price is a better football player than Tate, because he has better WR skills.
Woodhead is a better football player than McKnight, pretty much in every way. Woodhead had play for play one of the most productive seasons by a RB not just last year, but in many years. McKnight cant get off the bench, and lacks the visions, quickness, route running skills that Woodhead has.

Its silly that I have to explain it to you when you should be able to see it with your own eyes.

You said he NEVER saw any action...BTW...you must have missed this

Woodhead saw his first regular season action on October 25, 2009. In the 38–0 win over the Oakland Raiders, Woodhead rushed three times for 24 yards

that's eight yards per carry...in the REGULAR season...

thanks for playing...

Last edited:

What 'people' dont think of a starting corner when they think of a defense?
People like you who apparently are novice fans?

Just another prime example that clearly shows absolutely no relation whatsoever to the Tate/Woodhead example that he is arguing.

Woodhead had produced and shown flashes, he certainly did not disappoint as Tate did here. The comparison of the 2 is just silly.

No, it's another prime example to prove my point.

AJ ripped off Woodhead's stats in his only year with the Pats, this was AFTER he was released from the Jets.

I mean ****, if teams could operate in hindsight, they'd be a lot better, wouldn't they?

I mean, if we all could operate in our professional lives, we'd all be a lot richer...

What is extremely funny and ironic in all of this...

Jets backup running back Joe McKnight impresses against Bills in Week 17 in first career NFL start
BY KEVIN ARMSTRONG
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Monday, January 03, 2011

The freshest Jets tailback, Joe McKnight, rushed for a long gain of 18 yards in the first half of the 38-7 win over the Buffalo Bills Sunday. By halftime, he had accumulated 74 yards on 15 carries, going on to surpass 100 by the third quarter's end and finishing with 158 yards on 32 carries. For a day, he was no longer a mistake.

Note, the REGULAR season stats...

Last edited:
What is an argumentative Jet fan?

This is a message board

This is a discusson on a football message board

Some of us are having a football discussion

You on the other hand are hurling nonsense and innuendo

Feel free to participate with some discussion at anytime.

OK...seriously...who do YOU think is the better QB...now and going forward...Tom Brady or Mark Sanchez...I'll wait...

And I'm pointing out that I disagree, that all teams deal with injuries. The players you list are rather significant players, in fact, they are core players. Aside from Warren, who else was a big loss?

I just took every injury that you could name, added in the two big ones that you missed for good measure, and came up with more games missed by Patriots starters with *two guys*. If you disagree, then you're disagreeing that 32 is a larger number than 31. You'd also be disagreeing with the fact that the Patriots had other starters who missed a bunch of the season due to injury that I didn't even bother to mention because I didn't have to.

So you've got no stats and just made that crap up.

Incidently, Moss was a journeyman player by your standards, as was Kurt Warner.
As are Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason, all of the Jets backup QBs, Jim Leonhard, and probably quite a few guys the Jets are putting in waiver claims on.:bricks:

AJ ripped off Woodhead's stats in his only year with the Pats, this was AFTER he was released from the Jets.

I mean ****, if teams could operate in hindsight, they'd be a lot better, wouldn't they?

I mean, if we all could operate in our professional lives, we'd all be a lot richer...

Hindsight? No. But it *is* their job to have some foresight, something that the Jets exhibited none of when they cut Woodhead to sign David ******* Clowney.

yeah...so...what are you saying..McKnihght's one pretty good game overshadowed an entire SEASON of Woodhead's???

you're getting punchy

What 'people' dont think of a starting corner when they think of a defense?
People like you who apparently are novice fans?

So every starting player in the league is a star, or a player that hasn't played on multiple teams or a "hold the fort" type of player?

Do you really want to go down this path?

yeah...so...what are you saying..McKnihght's one pretty good game overshadowed an entire SEASON of Woodhead's???

you're getting punchy

The point is, you were using pre-season stats to mean anything...

In McKnight's first and only start, he performed pretty well.

There isn't much to punch

So your argument is that the Jets shouldn't have known what Woodhead was capable of until he did it? BB did, and Woodhead was that good in his first game.

Its Rex and tannenbaums job to evaljuate talent not to wait until they accumulate stats and say how could we know.

A) By your rule he became that guy that day so its dumb luck,
B) You are seriously going to use stats from a meaningless game against the worst defense in the NFL that was thinking about getting out of Buffalo to compare to the season Woodhead had? Really?

So every starting player in the league is a star, or a player that hasn't played on multiple teams or a "hold the fort" type of player?

That's a mighty big straw man that you've built right there. He said that when people think of a defense, they think first and foremost of the players who start on it. Bodden was our #1 CB in 2009, and went into 2010 as the same. He's certainly not a star, but in terms of importance to a team, he's probably a notch above someone like Leonhard. Of course, since you forgot about Leonhard too, and he plays for the team that you claim to be a diehard fan of, I can't be surprised that you don't even know who Bodden is.

Last edited:

What does any of that have to do with your comments about Bodden?
Bodden was the starting corner on this team and he missed the entire season. You seem to think that because your knowledge is thin and you forgot who he was that makes his loss insiignificant.
Was Jim Leonhards loss significant to the Jets? He's a 'journeyman'

So your argument is that the Jets shouldn't have known what Woodhead was capable of until he did it? BB did, and Woodhead was that good in his first game.

Its Rex and tannenbaums job to evaljuate talent not to wait until they accumulate stats and say how could we know.

A) By your rule he became that guy that day so its dumb luck,
B) You are seriously going to use stats from a meaningless game against the worst defense in the NFL that was thinking about getting out of Buffalo to compare to the season Woodhead had? Really?

It's simple, really. Woodhead was cut in favor of a guy who had no NFL stats (McKnight) because he had no NFL stats.

The really funny thing is how he's trying to use McKnight/Woodhead as an example of why you sometimes keep a player due to upside, when in reality it's basically a case study in the opposite. The Jets can have McKnight's upside; I'm sure Belichick would take Woodhead's realized talent any day of the week.

Last edited:

Oh and btw, Bodden was a heavily sought after FA that we paid big money to resign in 2010. To imply he wasn't a critical player when we gave him a 4 yr 22 million contract (which was being competed with by at least 2 other teams) and he currently has the 2nd highest cap number on our team is total unadulterated ignorance by you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3