PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. Idzik took over a salary cap mess in Jersey, his only option was to tear it down and then build it back up

Woody let him tear it down and then dumped him before he got a real shot at building it back up

jets fans seem to direct their venom at the GM, coaches and players. I think they should be blaming the dumb ass owner
If Idzik could draft as well as even as slightly below average GM, he'd still have a job and the Jets would be in a lot better position today.

Alas...

We also know that we'll be in the playoffs (and likely in the AFCCG) again, meanwhile the Jets' season will end after week 17... again.
If the point of playing is to get to the post-season, then it will end sooner.

So there's the Pats fan part of me, who roots for what helps my team. And then there's NFL fan part of me which wants to see a quality product on and off the field regardless of jersey.

The NFL fan in me is still bitter that Idzik cleared up your cap hell and then was sent packing. Yeah his 2 drafts were pretty bad. But next year you guys are, again, heading for a cap crunch only 2 years after he came in and got you on the right path.

To me not giving Idzik more of a chance is a sign of bad ownership. You aren't going to build a winning program if you go into this '2 years and out' thing that seems to be happening. I mean, it took Belichick 4 years to build a team that didn't need the Tuck Rule. Ok I'm being glib, the Tuck Rule only allowed the Pats to get into a position to tie, yadda yadda, and the 2001 team had a great defense, but the point is that the season should have been over for them and 2002 was a big letdown.

Owners who don't have the right patience are a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Woody seems uniquely ill-suited to the pressure of the NY Media microscope which is the most intense in the nation. I'm pretty sure he forced Ryan on Idzik and then canned both when his blind-date front office philosophy didn't pan out.

Idzik needed a chance to build on the cap space he had made and nobody is perfect at drafting, the Patriots have had some pretty mediocre ones as well.

Always mention the special provision in the current CBA that let the Jets and not other teams escape an 8 figure cap hit. Gotta luv the NYJFL.

I'm a results/numbers guy. The fact remains his team has performed better than average. Again in the same division as Belichick/Brady.

Plus he demolished Midget stadium. AND he has one of the coolest names ever.

Woody is cool in my book.

His political leanings leave much to be desired. But that's another discussion.

You giving Woody credit for getting rid of the Giants Stadium and replacing it with Met Life?!? That the Giants were already looking to build Metlife without the Jets and the Jets were looking to build their own stadium in Manhattan and when that effort fell apart they joined the Giants on the project that was already in full gear?

No sense arguing the results/numbers. Maybe I'm just beat after the election, but stats can be cherry picked to support any argument. I'll just say more than half of the teams would be happy with the Jets success the past two decades.

He didn't need the giant's support. In fact he probably forced their hand. Woody was going to get his stadium one way or another. If it wasn't for that POS Dolan, we'd have the West Side Stadium.

I love the new stadium and the fact it's still in Jersey, but that nyc stadium would've been sweet.

Ummmm... You are rewriting the history of the building of the stadium. The state rejected the proposal of the West Side Stadium (because it was going to cost the tax payers over a billion dollars) and forced the Jets to go back to do a partnership with the Giants. Woody got too greedy and wanted the state to foot the bill for the cost of building the stadium. Plus Cablevision did a huge campaign to stop it.

I completely agree. Idzik took over a salary cap mess in Jersey, his only option was to tear it down and then build it back up

Woody let him tear it down and then dumped him before he got a real shot at building it back up

jets fans seem to direct their venom at the GM, coaches and players. I think they should be blaming the dumb ass owner

Idzik was a numbers guy. Not a talent evaluator. We saw by his disaster drafts that he was not the guy to build the team. The only good players he drafted are Sheldon Richardson (who is more trouble than he is worth sometimes) and Quincy Enunwa. Most of the other players drafted aren't even on the Jets' roster two or three years later.

The Jets suck...from here to Keokuk...where is Keokuk, you ask?

Keokuk_IA.gif

Actually, the Jets suck to Keokuk...and beyond...

Keokuk_IA.gif

My family and I usually pass through Keokuk en route to Iowa from Mizzou.

This week, New York is facing a San Francisco team that comes into this one having lost 11 straight games. Matt Forte will be the guy that the Jets lean on to help them grind out this victory.

This is part of a promotional email I got from SeatGeek regarding upcoming Jets games tickets (which nobody buys anymore if you saw that crowd this past Monday night). As you can see, this promotion is stating that the Jets must lean on an overpaid older veteran to "grind out" a victory against a 1 - 11 team who has quarterback problems of their own. Also, the Jets are 2.5 points underdogs heading into the game. Pretty incredible.

Of course, if Forte plus a few others can't grind out a hundred yards rushing combined against the worst ranked run defense in the league, it'll be another engine failure for the Jesters.

This is part of a promotional email I got from SeatGeek regarding upcoming Jets games tickets (which nobody buys anymore if you saw that crowd this past Monday night). As you can see, this promotion is stating that the Jets must lean on an overpaid older veteran to "grind out" a victory against a 1 - 11 team who has quarterback problems of their own. Also, the Jets are 2.5 points underdogs heading into the game. Pretty incredible.

Of course, if Forte plus a few others can't grind out a hundred yards rushing combined against the worst ranked run defense in the league, it'll be another engine failure for the Jesters.

I hope the Rats win. It's pyhrric win season.

Keokuk_IA.gif

I went to an Indian pow-wow reenactment in Keokuk when I was a kid. American Indians hate the Jets, by the way.

The Jets suck. Did I come to the right place to express that sentiment?

Their o-line is awful, never adequately replaced D'Brickashaw at LT. And Mangold is old and hurt a lot, so C is now a concern too. Their best lineman might be Breno Giacomini... who? Really, he isn't that bad. But, when he is the best you've got is it any wonder that they suck.

The team is full of "win now" aging veteran signings because Maccagnan is hell bent not to make the same mistake as the guy who got fired before him. Tannenbaum had a dreadful season with $50 million unspent.

So...
Revis - waste of money
Cromartie - waste of money
Marshall - worth the money, still effective
Decker - worth the money - when healthy
Forte - waste of money, without a line, playing from behind
Wilkerson - waste of money, got paid and checked out, won't show up for his own b'day party
Fitzpatrick - waste of money

What am I missing here? Petty isn't great and won't be successful behind that line. Hackenberg is a project that they don't want to throw to the wolves, but at what point will they develop him.

This team is run so badly, it must hurt to watch it sometimes if you are a Jet fan.

Conclusion: the Jets suck. I hope they draft another crappy QB to add to the logjam of awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case