PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny is that even as bad as last night's game was, you all know the remaining Jets vs Pats game this season will be a close game.
Wanna bet?

I'm a results/numbers guy. The fact remains his team has performed better than average. Again in the same division as Belichick/Brady.

Plus he demolished Midget stadium. AND he has one of the coolest names ever.

Woody is cool in my book.

His political leanings leave much to be desired. But that's another discussion.
Better than average what? Average failures?
The jets are pretty much the embarrassment of the league

This is Woody Johnsons 17th year. Same as BB in New England.
In his tenure the jets have a losing record 130-138. The definition of "better than average" would be winning more than losing.

In that time 32 teams have made the SB 16 have won. Average would be 1 SB and 0.5 wins. Jets are LAST in this area.
In 17 years the jets have made the playoffs 6 times.
12/32 make the playoffs so the average team makes the playoffs 6/16 years. Below average again.

Trending?
0 playoffs in 6 years with 1 season over .500 and a record of 39-53.

Failure.

Here's when Woody Johnson REALLY stuck it to the Pats.

He did in one sense. He got good publicity and the Omissioner gave them a slap in the wrist.

I have no doubt the small fine was an intentional finger in the eye to the Pats.

I'm guessing you drain a bathtub by waiting for the water to evaporate.

They did more than wait for the water to evaporate. Rather than wait for the Pats to decline on their own they participated in, or initiated CameraPlacementGate and Defamegate.

That purulent franchise has a history of not waiting for something they covet, as their unwillingness to let the Pats compete in an effort to win their first Superbowl ever, before they tampered with their head coach, demonstrates.

Eric Decker: "with Brady's suspension, the AFCE is up for grabs." You had a 4 game glimpse of life without Brady and the Jets soiled themselves. Get outta here with the "things will be different soon" crap.

Wanna bet?

Bet on Petty? And a team that has finally had enough of Fitz and gave up last night... hells no.

Just saying it's likely to be a close game. I can't explain it, but the Jets don't seem to care about the Pats success. Maybe the Pats are just intimidated by NY/NJ? I mean they seem to struggle vs the other Jersey team as well.

No sense arguing the results/numbers. Maybe I'm just beat after the election, but stats can be cherry picked to support any argument. I'll just say more than half of the teams would be happy with the Jets success the past two decades.

Its not cherry picking. Under Woody's ownership they are a sub .500 team.

It doesn't matter what other fan bases would be happy with. What matters is what you expect.

Look- Ive been in your shoes. I remember in the 80s and even as recent in 2001 (or even 2008) I would have been happy with 8-8 or 9-7 and its the wrong attitude to have.

He didn't need the giant's support. In fact he probably forced their hand. Woody was going to get his stadium one way or another. If it wasn't for that POS Dolan, we'd have the West Side Stadium.

Yea Cablevision did totally f it up.

I love the new stadium and the fact it's still in Jersey, but that nyc stadium would've been sweet.

Im in NYC/Javits fairly often and it would have been freaking great.

Last edited:
Eric Decker: "with Brady's suspension, the AFCE is up for grabs." You had a 4 game glimpse of life without Brady and the Jets soiled themselves. Get outta here with the "things will be different soon" crap.
Decker is a steakhead and so is his ditzy wife.

No sense arguing the results/numbers. Maybe I'm just beat after the election, but stats can be cherry picked to support any argument. I'll just say more than half of the teams would be happy with the Jets success the past two decades.

He didn't need the giant's support. In fact he probably forced their hand. Woody was going to get his stadium one way or another. If it wasn't for that POS Dolan, we'd have the West Side Stadium.

I love the new stadium and the fact it's still in Jersey, but that nyc stadium would've been sweet.
Cherry pick? Those are the actual results since the day he took over.
There is not a chance in the world that more than half the teams would be happy with that.

The NFL fan in me is still bitter that Idzik cleared up your cap hell and then was sent packing.

I completely agree. Idzik took over a salary cap mess in Jersey, his only option was to tear it down and then build it back up

Woody let him tear it down and then dumped him before he got a real shot at building it back up

jets fans seem to direct their venom at the GM, coaches and players. I think they should be blaming the dumb ass owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes