PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Ndamukong Suh getting out of control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a shot at Brady's knees earlier this season by Garay of SD or Pollards hit in 2008 was good for the game?

Thats pretty much what 'Psychology' is going through a guy like Suh's mind each and every snap.

Well I don't think it's quite so black and white. Shots at the knees are a different story, especially on QB's where you rarely are in a situation that lends itself to cutting a guy.

I never saw anything about an intent to injure in the posted article. I saw that he was taunting a hurt quarterback. Let me restate that. A defensive lineman was standing over a fallen QB and taunting him. First, that's football. Second, unless we're 13 or on Real Housewives words don't constitute intent to injure.

Well I don't think it's quite so black and white. Shots at the knees are a different story, especially on QB's where you rarely are in a situation that lends itself to cutting a guy.

I never saw anything about an intent to injure in the posted article. I saw that he was taunting a hurt quarterback. Let me restate that. A defensive lineman was standing over a fallen QB and taunting him. First, that's football. Second, unless we're 13 or on Real Housewives words don't constitute intent to injure.

Did you not see the Facemask Penalty to Suh jerking it on Ryan during yesterday's game which drew a penalty.

If you can,watch the play,it was intentional and seriously could have caused a neck injury to Ryan which could have shelved him for quite a while.

Ryan appears to be a very lucky guy yesterday after having his ankle stepped on by his own guy and his head nearly decapitated by Suh.

The people who are advocating Suh's behavior after the whistle have most likely never played sports at a competitive level. If you did and never learned about respect for your opponent then shame on your coaches.

Suh is not invulnerable and there are guys playing on the offense who are more than capable of adjusting his immature attitude. Can you imagine what Kevin Mawae would have done if he saw that crap? Mankins would have gone right after him.

Unfortunately it's going to take someone else going after his knees and then celebrating afterwards to make him see how much of a spoiled teenager he is.

The line should be drawn at seriously intent to injure. As far as mocking and filth talking and what not, this is the pros ..... it happens all of the time.

Suh seems to have a little Conrad Dobler in him. Lucky for the Lions.

Well in regards to Schwartz,Look at what that crybaby tried to start last week after the game when his team lost to San Francisco.

O.K. Maybe Harbaugh tapped him a little hard after he was so excited that his team won a big game,but I don't think it was to intentionally cause Shwartz pain but Shwartz nearly turned it into a melee!

You have to wonder now that if there was no one to stop this coaches confrontation would Shwartz have gone out to try and injure Harbaugh himself,if you are the Head Coach and are setting examples like this what does this tell the players who are supposed to use the HC as a role model of the team?.

Shwartz was frustrated after that loss and his team was frustrated after getting whupped by Atl.....I think since Detroit has suddenly gone from a horrid team to a good team,the coach and players have gone high and mighty and will not take losing lightly,maybe resorting to violence.

I am glad we don't play these guys this season,Brady might have had an early exit from the season.

First, regarding Suh, having had a chance to watch him a few times now, OK, he is a stud that I'd love to have on the Pats, but I don't see how anyone can deny that there is a problem with his, shall we say, "unnecessary roughness." I don't know how many fines he's racked up so far in less than a season and a half in the league (should have checked that before posting, my bad), but my impression is that he is over the line with the behavior. Too many incidents in too short a time.

To me it comes down to how he is being coached, so I'm with you on the Schwartz angle. When I saw this thread, the first thing that I thought about was the comparison to what went on with the Titans, and in particular with Haynesworth back in Tennessee. The coach sets the tone here, and when the same type of thing happens over and over again with the same team, it is evident I think that this is just the way they are being coached - the coaches may not be encouraging Suh or his teammates to play over the line, but they surely aren't doing enough to discourage it.

All bias aside, I think back a couple of years ago to what was going on with the Pats, they seemed to be doing the same kinds of things all too often, and I think it was a legitimate criticism to level at Belichick back then. It seems to have come to a head last season after Merriweather's cheap shot on Todd Heap, I don't recall anything terribly egregious by the Pats since then, so this tells me that if the coaching staff is sincere in emphasizing that this is not tolerated, it can be stopped. I really hope that happens with Suh, he is exciting to watch and I'd hate to see it get to the point where we can't appreciate him because of all the nonsense.

It's the time that we live in and Roger Goodell that has convinced people that playing with anger is a bad thing and needs to be punished.

I have no problem with the way Suh plays. It's an intense physical sport and he's no different than Warren Sapp was just a decade before him. Players used to be praised for being aggressive, and now they are ridiculed and criticized.
This sentiment does not preclude a player from maintaining a demeanor of sportsmanship.
It's not so much how he plays, but the garbage between the whistles that makes him a Neanderthal. The things he reportedly said when Ryan was on the turf are unsportsmanlike in every sense.

The line should be drawn at seriously intent to injure. As far as mocking and filth talking and what not, this is the pros ..... it happens all of the time.

Suh seems to have a little Conrad Dobler in him. Lucky for the Lions.

"Lucky for the Lions"??????? Really???????

- - because Suh can be equated with someone who is only remembered for his dirty play. How many SB rings did Dobler have??????

Should the Lions be as "lucky" as the St Louis Cardinals - - - - who stunk and moved away???????

BMU, put me down for hoping never to be so "lucky".

Last edited:
The people who are advocating Suh's behavior after the whistle have most likely never played sports at a competitive level. If you did and never learned about respect for your opponent then shame on your coaches.
Complete hogwash!

I have no probs with Suh, i just hate the lions and their coach :singing:

On a couple of Falcons forums I saw mention of the fact that no one sees the foot kicking in any of the video footage. Despite the fact that I am not fond of Suh, I am not convinced that this occurred exactly as reported.

It's football, hard hits are a part of the game, but what this guy does goes beyond that sometimes. The way he tackled Delhomme and Dalton, and the shove after the whistle against ATL. It's ridiculous. It's one thing to hit to hurt and another to hit to injure. You can be good without being arrogant and a tough guy without being a bully. If a guy did this stuff in the NHL, he might have learned his lesson by now. He's a goon.

I saw a few videos of him taking the QB down by twisting his neck around.

There is just no place for that in the NFL and this a-hole needs to be suspended if fines don't work. I highly Schwartz is really discouraging this type of play, as the intimidation gives the Lions a swagger they have lacked for so long. But suspensions directly impact the team in a negative way and will put a stop to this crap eventually.

On a couple of Falcons forums I saw mention of the fact that no one sees the foot kicking in any of the video footage. Despite the fact that I am not fond of Suh, I am not convinced that this occurred exactly as reported.

Unfortunately for Suh, when you play the way he does and develop the reputation he has, you will lose the benefit of the doubt.

There is no place in the league for players who are out to intentionally injure other players. There is a difference between playing with intensity and passion and playing to intentionally injure. Right now, it's clear that Suh is playing to intentionally injure other players..

Players who play to intentionally injure other players are scum. As are the people who support them..

Rodney had that reputation not only in the media, but also amongst his peers. I guess we're all "scum" for rooting for him?

Lions in general are out of control. They think just because they win a couple of ball games against irrelevant opponents they have the audacity to consider themselves an elite franchise. They still suck, the city still sucks, and the players still suck. I can't wait until A-Rod and Packers embarrass those losers on the national stage.

Last edited:
Rodney had that reputation not only in the media, but also amongst his peers. I guess we're all "scum" for rooting for him?

Can you provide examples of Rodney taunting injured players?

Unfortunately for Suh, when you play the way he does and develop the reputation he has, you will lose the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, probably true and likely he doesnt deserve it. It isn't like it's any mystery that the guy is a little shady. I just would prefer to get both sides to a story.

Can you provide examples of Rodney taunting injured players?

Do I really need to when he was known amongst his peers as the dirtiest player around the league? Instead of pointing out examples of Rodney taunting injured players (*GASP* the horror!), how about I give you one of Rodney threatening to punch a fan in the mouth? Would you classify that as a classy act?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back