PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Ndamukong Suh getting out of control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I really need to when he was known amongst his peers as the dirtiest player around the league? Instead of pointing out examples of Rodney taunting injured players (*GASP* the horror!), how about I give you one of Rodney threatening to punch a fan in the mouth? Would you classify that as a classy act?

I do not care about who is the classiest player in the league. I don't need anyone to win the classy award. I don't have a problem with chippy play. Intent to maim is something else entirely. IIRC, Rodney was so upset when he took out Trent Green he thought about retiring. I doubt Suh would give a crap. The dude is a loose cannon, coached by loose cannons.

I watched Rodney play here and I never understood the reputation, but it was likely forged during his Charger days. And after that, you get scrutinized in everything you do. It's the price you pay. Name me some examples of Rodney headhunting here in New England. I don't care what the media says or his peers say, they would probably also say TFB gets more calls than any QB in the league but that doesn't make it true.

Last edited:
It is unfortunate that there is a school of thought that thinks any criticism of him is out of jealousy. He is strong unblockable, so is Ngata, yet I have respect for Ngata.
I have watched Suh for a long time. He is no different from his time from Neb, he has been coached to believe that he only does his job if he is able to knock opposing QBs out of the game. He has been lucky so far as to not injuring someone badly.
I remember a play from the preseason game where one defend was holding Brady and Suh lunched himself in a spearing move, if Brady had not managed to go down quickly, he would have broken stuff inside.
And now to that coach. Just too many jawing on the sidelines. He reminds of Josh and I said a while back that their season will be just like the Broncos under Josh.

Anyone can make a statement.

Support your statement.
Support? I never did play football but I was paid to play hockey into my early 20's, so presume this qualifies me as having played, a sport, competitively.

Hate to tell you this but being respectful to the opposition was about the last thing on players and coaches minds. Let me tell you that when players and coaches livelihood is dependent upon winning, then all bets are off when it comes to ethics and morals. We did whatever the coach told us to do out on the ice. If that meant "taking out" an opposing player then that was done because if it wasn't there were hundreds of others as talented who were only to happy to kick me to the curb. Keep in mind that our coaches also depended on winning for their livelihood. What we learned from them was how to win. Nothing disrespectful about this let me tell you.

Not saying Suh is being coached coached to play on the edge but it sure wouldn't surprise me. And, outside of doing serious harm to a player, I have no issue with him playing as such. If opposing players do then they need to correct Suh's attitude out on the field themself.

Support? I never did play football but I was paid to play hockey into my early 20's, so presume this qualifies me as having played, a sport, competitively.

Hate to tell you this but being respectful to the opposition was about the last thing on players and coaches minds. Let me tell you that when players and coaches livelihood is dependent upon winning, then all bets are off when it comes to ethics and morals. We did whatever the coach told us to do out on the ice. If that meant "taking out" an opposing player then that was done because if it wasn't there were hundreds of others as talented who were only to happy to kick me to the curb. Keep in mind that our coaches also depended on winning for their livelihood. What we learned from them was how to win. Nothing disrespectful about this let me tell you.

Not saying Suh is being coached coached to play on the edge but it sure wouldn't surprise me. And, outside of doing serious harm to a player, I have no issue with him playing as such. If opposing players do then they need to correct Suh's attitude out on the field themself.

Are there a lot of goons at that mysterious "level" of play?

He's a fantastic player but boy is he a dirty player.

Apparently after Matt Ryan went down with his injury Suh stood over him and yelled 'Get The Cart' and other stuff that Falcons players rather not say.

Reports also have it that Avril was also involved and kicking at the feet of Ryan as he lay on the ground saying 'get him off the field' and there was some joking and snickering between several defensive Lions players.

Also Suh was called for a flagrant face mask grab on Ryan during the game.

Is stuff like this from Suh getting a little out of control?

I know he is an Elite DL and his play is one of the reasons that Detroit is no longer a pushover,but I think this could get to a point where he literally hurts someone badly.

I don't want the game to turn into Goodell's flag football league but I don't want a player intentionally going all out to maim another either.

Falcons say Ndamukong Suh taunted an injured Matt Ryan | ProFootballTalk

Suh is a scumbag and a dirty player. That facemask on Ryan was brutal; for a moment there I was seriously worried that he might not get up. I rarely say anything like this, but I really wouldn't mind if someone took Suh's knee out. Would keep the rest of the league safe from his cheap shots for a year, and might teach him some perspective too.

Last edited:
Apparently Suh thinks that Ryan's injury was Karma for all of the dirty stuff that the Falcons pull. I guess he didn't get the memo that Stafford's also hurt? Is that karma too?

Apparently Suh thinks that Ryan's injury was Karma for all of the dirty stuff that the Falcons pull. I guess he didn't get the memo that Stafford's also hurt? Is that karma too?
Suh's coming across as a wanker. It's annoying because it makes you belittle his football talent by the words coming out of his mouth.

Last edited:
Give me 11 Suh's any day. He's dominant, physical, nasty and mean. That's what I want from my defense.

This is one of those conundrums... we love great players, but hate what makes them great.

Give me 11 Suh's any day. He's dominant, physical, nasty and mean. That's what I want from my defense.

I personally wouldn't want 11 guys racking up 15 yard personal foul penalties. :eek:

Maybe I should have had a poll combining today's biggest news stories

Who is more out of control....Ndamukong Suh or BiBi Jones? :eek:

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with suh being tough, physical, aggressive, and yes even a bit nasty in his play.

The words that came out of his mouth went over the line though. You play to win and you play to intimidate but you never say 'get the cart'. That's the worst thing that could happen to a fellow football player.

So I think Suh should get fined. And liberally. I mean enough to make a DENT in his wallet so he notices. Next time he'll learn to let his play do the talking for him.

Now THAT is a post. Thank you.

Much more illuminating than "Compete hogwash".

Last edited:
My ex-wife called me up and told me she was going to change our divorce agreement unilaterally...I told her "You can't do that!!! I'll SUH you!!!"...she replied "OH NO!! ..not THAT!! I'm sorry, honey bunny...I didn't mean it ...I miss you so much!!"...so yeah, I guess I'm a fan of Suh...whatever works for you I guess...

Wait till someone decides to chop block him.

NFL players have a tendency of taking care of things on the field.

Are there a lot of goons at that mysterious "level" of play?
In Canadian junior we had typical goons but I played pro in Italy and Switzerland .... not a goon game over there. But the objective is the same no matter ..... play to win, not to be best of friends with the other teams.

Suh would be on crutches RIGHT NOW if he had played against Conrad Dobler last weekend...blame Jetdell for the ****ification of the league and its fans.

Last edited:
Not to be a Pats downer, but at least he didn't stomp a guys unguarded face with his cleats....

(Haynesworth)

I was wondering that myself

I am guessing that during this time the Falcons precariously had a small lead in the game and did not want to let a penalty or a player getting kicked out affect the final score.........or maybe they were simply scared of what ass beating they might get from Suh had they got up in his face?
The former. It was a close game.

Suh is a punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes