PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Ndamukong Suh getting out of control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't remember this kind of #$%@ out of suh at nebraska. i don't advocate it, but he's begging for a chop block.

After being the joke of the league for so long I would like to see the Lions do well. Suh makes it tough though.

Suh is an amazing DL, and he has a mean streak that as someone else said earlier matches the one we havnt seen in this league since Harrison

and I am all for that, to play with such intensity is great, and awesome to watch no matter if its your team or not...

however, when you play w/ intensity like that, you gotta pair it up w/ respect...respect for urself, ur oppoents and the game itself

Suh has the intensity, but lacks the respect....for this reason I hope he changes, but if he does not, he will have what is coming to him, and there will most surely be "things" coming to him

Well...he is a guy that you love to have on your team and hate to play against.

Sounds like Rodney.

Suh is an amazing DL, and he has a mean streak that as someone else said earlier matches the one we havnt seen in this league since Harrison

and I am all for that, to play with such intensity is great, and awesome to watch no matter if its your team or not...

however, when you play w/ intensity like that, you gotta pair it up w/ respect...respect for urself, ur oppoents and the game itself

Suh has the intensity, but lacks the respect....for this reason I hope he changes, but if he does not, he will have what is coming to him, and there will most surely be "things" coming to him

This posts sums up my feelings exactly.

Appreciate the intensity, not the lack of respect.

don't remember this kind of #$%@ out of suh at nebraska. i don't advocate it, but he's begging for a chop block.

He was the same, go watch some of his College highlights, his intentions are always to knock the QB out of the game. That is how he was brought up and he can't change now. I remember a game vs Texas and McCoy got lucky on so many late hits by just falling down in the right direction.

this league is notorious for "getback" plays....Suh is one rolling crackback from the I.R. for the year...and there isn't a player in their division who has experienced his rage that would bat an eyelash if he was crippled up.

I think for this reason; it will be interesting to see how the Lions repeat Div match-ups deal with suh. must see tv?

This kind of **** gets ratings and sells tickets. Just ask the Jest.

It does seem that people are confusing the idea of intensity and respect. I saw LT (the one and only) invoked earlier on. That dude played with extreme intensity, but he had a respect for the game. Remember his reaction on the Theismann hit?

He's a dirty bastard alright. Actually, that whole Lions team has a really nasty swagger about them lately (and not in a good way). Hope they keep losing, cause even though I like Schwartz, Stafford, and Johnson... I just hate the mentality a good portion of their team is bringing to each game. It's not good for anyone.

I used to like Shwartz.... till he started high-fiving linemen who went at Brady's knees in a fricking pre-season game. I lost all respect for "Shwartzy" that day, and wasn't surprised by his antics at the end of the 49ers game. That prick fostered a culture in Detroit that promotes hurting opposing team's players. The NFL needs to do something about this, but they won't. They're too busy scheduling West Coast teams for 1:00 games at the Meadowlands and finding creative ways to turn Jet's penalties into opposing team penaties. (it is rare to see one false start called offsides in a game... but effing 3!?!?!? This is getting ridiculous).

Schwartz and co.....IMO they have been preaching this mentality, and Suh was a guy they got to showcase that line, agressive, dirty, don't back down attitude.

This guy is spiriling out of control. The 70's, yeah those player existed but I'd like to think we are evolving as a society. Some of those 70's players were downright dirty and dangerous. Football is about controlled agression and proving you are the best tactician, and strategist delivered within the rules of the sport.

It is a game, in the end. You don't want to to be snapping necks. People have lives to live, kids and family. The **** this kid does is unacceptable, and I am a big fan of peer discipline. Problem is the lesson of showing up this punk on a national stage, if anyone were ever to take that task on, would not be quickly learned.

In the end, the reeling in order is as follows:

1 - his teammates
2 - organization
3 - league
4 - other players (to be avoided)

Is 90 getting out of control? Yes I believe he is and steps need to be taken sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
So the Lions are no longer just a "feel good" story about the rise of a "little team that could" from a benighted city... :)

I'd be interested in Rodney's take on this. He was considered by many a "dirty" player, but I think he would say that there is honor among thieves and that the stuff they were saying and doing to Ryan crossed the line.

Last edited:
So the Lions are no longer just a "feel good" story about the rise of a "little team that could" from a benighted city... :)

I'd be interested in Rodney's take on this. He was considered by many a "dirty" player, but I think he would say that there is honor among thieves and that the stuff they were saying and doing to Ryan crossed the line.

I don't know.....I think Rodney would say that Suh needs to understand that his own team needs to field a QB.......there's more than one target on the field......oh, BTW, didn't Stafford get hurt again?

I can't stand this guy. Period.

I can't stand this guy. Period.

Why not? That kind of venomous rage is exactly how a DT should play. Is it classless to be standing over an injured quarterback and taunting him? Sure it is. But when you're in the trenches and you're getting elbows and forearms to the chin constantly, you're going to be pissed off. Suh is competitive almost to the point of fault. I think we have someone on our team that plays on the offense and has a propensity to throw the football that has the same kind of "fault".

He was the same, go watch some of his College highlights, his intentions are always to knock the QB out of the game. That is how he was brought up and he can't change now. I remember a game vs Texas and McCoy got lucky on so many late hits by just falling down in the right direction.

For you to say this would require two things:
1. That you have an advanced degree in psychology or related field
2. That you've had him in therapy for an extended period of time and concluded that his wounds from childhood have permanently damaged his brain.

My hunch is that this isn't the case, and that your absolutist statement about his limitations speak more to your own challenges with life than to his.

Why not? That kind of venomous rage is exactly how a DT should play. Is it classless to be standing over an injured quarterback and taunting him? Sure it is. But when you're in the trenches and you're getting elbows and forearms to the chin constantly, you're going to be pissed off. Suh is competitive almost to the point of fault. I think we have someone on our team that plays on the offense and has a propensity to throw the football that has the same kind of "fault".

True but everytime I see him, I think of that stupid meaningless preseason game where he tried to kill Brady when Brady was already on the ground and down.

I can't stand him. He's always trying to injure other people, hopefully it backfires. Looks like his glass QB is already hurt.

I remember when Seymour and Rodney would give a little extra shove here and there after plays and were considered dirty. I loved it when they played for us doing those types of things.

Sun is an ass and I'd trade our entire defense for him.

His talent is enormous - but he really should learn to moderate his trash talk!!

Love Suh, wish he was a Pat but I don't know why people have a problem with him....He plays with passion and he plays to get his hands dirty, the NFL is a man's game, no ladies need apply.

These guys are the gladiators of our time, they should fight,claw and pretty much do anything too win, I'm getting sick of this new crybaby league and fans.....We should just play flag football or two hand touch uh? lol god......:bricks:

"Get the cart" is not a big deal, words are words and if someone doesn't want to get hurt, they should not be playing football, man up or GTFO:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News