PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I really miss WWW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha good one :rolleyes:

Really pathetic how so much revision has gone on with Welker here so quickly. "ALL HE DID WAS DROP THE BALL." "I ONLY HAVE ONE GOOD MEMORY OF HIM, BACK IN 2007. HE DID NOTHING SINCE THEN." It's hard to take any of you seriously, the amount of semi-sentient homerism that goes on. Facts are, Welker still has it, Denver looks really good (sorry, it's just an observation, something we have trouble with around here), and meanwhile we're praying Amendola doesn't break his spinal cord.

Not every situation like this pans out to be Bledsoe and Milloy.

Or I could just complain that everyone who disagrees with me must either be ignorant or intellectually dishonest, because how else could they possibly disagree with me. :rolleyes:

Now we're getting somewhere!

Personally, I have moved on.

No need to :deadhorse:

Really pathetic how so much revision has gone on with Welker here so quickly. "ALL HE DID WAS DROP THE BALL." "I ONLY HAVE ONE GOOD MEMORY OF HIM, BACK IN 2007. HE DID NOTHING SINCE THEN." It's hard to take any of you seriously, the amount of semi-sentient homerism that goes on. Facts are, Welker still has it, Denver looks really good (sorry, it's just an observation, something we have trouble with around here), and meanwhile we're praying Amendola doesn't break his spinal cord.

Thanks for keeping us all on the straight and narrow. A real public service you're doing.

If there is a silver lining, it is that we are getting this topic out of the way early, so it won't bog down the genuine football talk come Sunday. :rocker:

I wish with all my heart this could be so.

This topic blew up months ago and then it settled down and seemed to disappear and now? It's back full force like a bionic zombie. And I hate zombie movies.

It's football season. I've waited through a pretty crappy summer for the welcome distraction. And instead it's this. Again. Thread after thread after thread.

Just blows.:bricks:

TROLL ALERT!!!!!

I just went back and checked this poster's very thin history - - replete with "this board is filled with HOMERS!" posts and "No one here has a sense of HUMOR" posts.

Obvious what this New Jersey guy or gal's modus operandi is. Kinda funny to see this gem from last year in October, however:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ahawks-postgame-thread-page7.html#post3199092

"11-5 huh? So this team is only going to lose two more games the rest of the year? Maybe just San Fran and Houston? Let's just assume that for a moment. So to go 11-5 the Patriots would then have to definitely sweep the entire division (!!!), beat a tough Rams team (That, I might add, has beaten two of the teams that beat the Patriots), an upstart Colts team... Praytell, friends, what, exactly, are you seeing in this team that I'm not that assures you they're suddenly going to "get it" and go on such a big tear?

Being a fanboy and admiring Belichick and Brady for being a great duo doesn't belie cold facts. This team isn't special and will suffer like most mediocre-decent NFL teams. anywhere between 8-8 and 10-6 is probable, that's just how it looks right now..."

Clueless and obviously here just to taunt. Some people enter forums just to get a rise out of people. They don't last long.

Last edited:
TROLL ALERT!!!!!

I just went back and checked this poster's very thin history - - replete with "this board is filled with HOMERS!" posts and "No one here has a sense of HUMOR" posts.

Obvious what this New Jersey guy or gal's modus operandi is. Kinda funny to see this gem from last year in October, however:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ahawks-postgame-thread-page7.html#post3199092

"11-5 huh? So this team is only going to lose two more games the rest of the year? Maybe just San Fran and Houston? Let's just assume that for a moment. So to go 11-5 the Patriots would then have to definitely sweep the entire division (!!!), beat a tough Rams team (That, I might add, has beaten two of the teams that beat the Patriots), an upstart Colts team... Praytell, friends, what, exactly, are you seeing in this team that I'm not that assures you they're suddenly going to "get it" and go on such a big tear?

Being a fanboy and admiring Belichick and Brady for being a great duo doesn't belie cold facts. This team isn't special and will suffer like most mediocre-decent NFL teams. anywhere between 8-8 and 10-6 is probable, that's just how it looks right now..."

Clueless and obviously here just to taunt. Some people enter forums just to get a rise out of people. They don't last long.

So let me see if I have this right. I think most of you are morons (none of your faults, it's pretty much how it goes on any fan forum), I don't post a lot, and I was upset after one of the Pat's worst losses last year and made a -valid- observation that they didn't look so hot in the first string of games last year, and suddenly I'm "clueless" and just here to taunt? What kind of fascist bull is that?

It really makes you seem clever and badass that you can pick one poster's thoughts from a year ago to make your amazing point... like no one else, including you SHMESSY, have never been wrong before about anything. It's also a weakling move, reveals that you can't admit, maybe, just maybe, the Patriots DID err in letting Welker ridiculously walk away. Because you, like the unfortunate lump of moron fans here, think this team is somehow twenty leagues better than the rest of the NFL and therefore never makes mistakes, and anyone who points out their errors are somehow NOT REAL TOUGH NEW ENGLAND FANS GAAAWRRRR WERE THE BEST NOT THIS GUY FROM -NEW JERSEY- (like there's something wrong that I'm not within closer proximity to Boston).

I mean christ, people here are acting like Welker is garbage and Manning had a mediocre game last night. Grow up! Be a little objective! If it isn't so much to ask. Or just make cheap attacks on people based on their 'posting history,' like you're the god damn NSA. Piss off.

So let me see if I have this right. I think most of you are morons (none of your faults, it's pretty much how it goes on any fan forum), I don't post a lot, and I was upset after one of the Pat's worst losses last year and made a -valid- observation that they didn't look so hot in the first string of games last year, and suddenly I'm "clueless" and just here to taunt? What kind of fascist bull is that?

It really makes you seem clever and badass that you can pick one poster's thoughts from a year ago to make your amazing point... like no one else, including you SHMESSY, have never been wrong before about anything. It's also a weakling move, reveals that you can't admit, maybe, just maybe, the Patriots DID err in letting Welker ridiculously walk away. Because you, like the unfortunate lump of moron fans here, think this team is somehow twenty leagues better than the rest of the NFL and therefore never makes mistakes, and anyone who points out their errors are somehow NOT REAL TOUGH NEW ENGLAND FANS GAAAWRRRR WERE THE BEST NOT THIS GUY FROM -NEW JERSEY- (like there's something wrong that I'm not within closer proximity to Boston).

I mean christ, people here are acting like Welker is garbage and Manning had a mediocre game last night. Grow up! Be a little objective! If it isn't so much to ask. Or just make cheap attacks on people based on their 'posting history,' like you're the god damn NSA. Piss off.
'I have no idea if letting Welker walk was a good idea or not. We'll know in 5 years.

I DO know that your purple and uncontrollable rage is fun to read (but probably comes from a disturbing place in your past).

People who come onto boards with the sole motivation of telling everybody what idiots they are - - do so for unfortunate personal reasons.

We'll toy with you for a while. Please don't have a stroke before giving us more entertainment, OK?

Last edited:
10527065-large.jpg
nfl_g_welker_gb1_576.jpg

whew...glad THAT never happened....dur

10527065-large.jpg
nfl_g_welker_gb1_576.jpg

whew...glad THAT never happened....dur

Stop it......... Welker was the greatest ever....... We are going to go 0-16 this year, because BB is a jerk and let the greatest receiver ever go.

This team HATES THEIR COACH............ and you can take that to the bank.

tj.jpg

I think it's weird that this thread happened, because Welker would have been (rightfully) crucified for his drop, catch that was actually a drop, and muffed punt had he played like that for the Patriots. Since he's elsewhere and the grass is always greener elsewhere, people want him back despite the terrible mistakes.

This may sound like sour grapes, but:

Welker was my binkie in his draft class. I kept up with him when he came to the pros, but before he was with the Pats. When he was here he was clearly one of my favorite Pats of all time, right up there with Bruschi, Troy Brown and Willie McG. I was pretty sad when he signed with Denver. But still liked him.

But when he whined in the press that BB got on his case in front of other players, my opinion did a 180. $%#^ Wes Welker! No one, and I mean no one is above anyone else when it comes to getting called out for mistakes!

I wish they would have paid the little extra to keep him.

They apparently didn't have a chance. Welker didn't offer to sign with the Patriots for what the Broncos paid until after the Patriots had committed to Amendola.

If the Patriots were wrong, it's in committing to Amendola so quickly. I don't reporting that would allow us to judge accurately whether that was really a mistake.

I wish with all my heart this could be so.

This topic blew up months ago and then it settled down and seemed to disappear and now? It's back full force like a bionic zombie. And I hate zombie movies.

It's football season. I've waited through a pretty crappy summer for the welcome distraction. And instead it's this. Again. Thread after thread after thread.

Just blows.:bricks:

Sorry......

This may sound like sour grapes, but:

Welker was my binkie in his draft class. I kept up with him when he came to the pros, but before he was with the Pats. When he was here he was clearly one of my favorite Pats of all time, right up there with Bruschi, Troy Brown and Willie McG. I was pretty sad when he signed with Denver. But still liked him.

But when he whined in the press that BB got on his case in front of other players, my opinion did a 180. $%#^ Wes Welker! No one, and I mean no one is above anyone else when it comes to getting called out for mistakes!

As a dyed in the wool laundry rooter, "no longer a Patriot" is enough reason for me to not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe