PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I really miss WWW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right! Almost as creepy as all the dislike for the guy.

Isnt creepy at all.

Besides, who is blatantly posting dislike? He did not have a stellar game but who cares. People should worry about OUR team. We shouldnt be rooting for Welker and I was rooting against them and him the other day. For good reason! He plays for a huge rival on a team that already has a QB who is on TV 24/7 who has not won a SB in 6 years. How does that work? Imagine how bad the Payton Manning love would be if he won another SB? As far as I am concerned WW can go F himself along with his team.

I am a Pats fan...I want to see WW go down in flames with his team just like when all the other great patriots of the past moved on to different teams. Do I respect them as players and as people sure. But this is about football.

This is the Patsfans forum, not the Welkerfans forum.

The only reason I would root for the Broncos is if they were playing the Giants in the SB. It is because if Eli won another ring I would have to kill myself.

The obsession with Welker from some of the posters here is creepy.

I liked him very much when he was on the Pats and wish he still was. Hope that's not too creepy. I'll feel the same way when some others leave.

oh well, I like welker too...hopefully Amendola can make us all forget him this season though!

I liked him very much when he was on the Pats and wish he still was. Hope that's not too creepy. I'll feel the same way when some others leave.

I think you were just thinking out loud although it was obvious where the thread was going to go. Granted perhaps we should see what DA can do.

Honestly, I miss winning superbowls. Great players come and go.

I think a player of WWs quality and durability will always be missed particularly when he is playing his first game with a new team at home, with a Peyton Manning throwing to him.

The stars were all aligned and the added fact that the Ravens were terrible fueled it. However WW wasn't a superstar the other night.

Also, the pats have consistently shown that getting rid of a player a little to early trumps waiting too long.

While it might have been cool to have both WW and DA, and they seemingly have the cap room I think this O will be fine with DA. Put that cap room towards the D.

I agree and I am also in the same boat.

My admiration for WW went up significantly when he didn't grumble or moan in public about the pitiful money his first contract paid him even though his performance was off the charts. He just shut up and played his heart out unlike the other divas who wanted to tear up their signed contracts right after the first year.

That said, I admit I smiled when he dropped that punt return. ;)

This whole thread is stupid. I'm tired of the Welker love fest. He's gone, and he went to an arch rival. He was a great Patriot when he was here, but Welker and his agent completely over valued his worth. He opted to play in Denver, with Peyton and to wear that ugly orange uniform, then stay here with the team that established him.

You know who deserved these mushy threads? Willie Mcginest, Mike Vrable, Richard Seymour, Adam Vinateri. Those guys.....you know the ones that not only helped contribute to championships, but the guys that we knew we didn't have replacements for. Amendola is BETTER than WW. Just watch. Not for nothing, take the 2 TD away and WW stat line wasn't impressive at all.

He was indeed one of the good ones PJ. A shame that some here diminish his incredible contributions on and off the field because the team did not win a championship when he was here (while somehow Brady, Wilfork and others are absolved), and that BB did not throw a million or two of AHern's contract at WW. Happy New Year.

He will be sorely missed by me- whatever his attitude may have been, he still is one of the toughest football player I have ever seen. He runs every route as if it were his last.

Pound for pound he is arguably the toughest player in the NFL. I really regret that he's not a Patriot. Due to his durability, I think he's a better option than Amendola. We are worse off with out him. I think BB screwed up royally in the Welker negotiations.

Both you guys above should go find a broncos fan board and profess your love to him their. Its the first Patriots game day of the week and your still crying about Welker ...

Its like the guy that cries every night about his wife who left him for another guy.....Pathetic really.

Today is game day. The first of the year for the Patriots.

Sorry, folks - - good discussion, but we have to lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News