PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB watch

Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

I am not advocating for BB to be fired, but with all of the league wide HC firings, I would think the Pats could easily get compensation.

The issue, or quibble if you will, is that if you want to remove BB a the GM, replace him as the personnel director/GM, just shoe-horning a guy in there, you absolutely will create a contentious situation in the front office that existed circa the famous "grocery shopping" comment... You want to avoid that ... complimentary work making sure all people are on the same page is much better for the long term stability of the franchise... It boils down to this for me - If you want to replace BB as the GM, then you have to let BB go as the HC

If you want to find someone out side of the Belichick circle to consult on personnel matters (draft, free agency, etc) who can work with Belichick to fine tune the system, you keep him.

You can't have it both ways.
I don’t see it that way.
The key to me is what you see the issue with BB as GM as being.

As I see it, if you think he’s totally wrong in his philosophy about what makes a good player then you’ve decided he’s not competent to select and coach NFL players and that’s what I see you saying. In that case you have to fire BB.

If the problem is that he has too much on his plate and he isn’t doing a good enough job at any of it so he needs to have some of his workload be removed and redistributed, there’s no reason he can’t stay as HC while someone else takes on the GM workload. i think this is more the case, compounded because every time he mentors a younger staff member so he can delegate to them they get poached by some other team, so he is constantly having to teach his expectations to new staff.

Bill belichick, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban aren't All going out on the same day

Let's regroup and come back tomorrow

I am not advocating for BB to be fired, but with all of the league wide HC firings, I would think the Pats could easily get compensation.
Yeah, there are a lot of potential buyers... The hang up is that Bill has to agree to it which I am sure is the delaying factor. Atlanta probably makes the most sense - the team is solid besides the QB, they have a decent pick (8th overall), enough cap space to make moves ($33M in 2024, projected $97M in 2025), one of the less ****ty owners, and their division is really ripe for the picking. If he's just chasing wins for 2 years to get the record, the NFC South is a good choice.

...Atlanta probably makes the most sense - the team is solid besides the QB, they have a decent pick (8th overall), enough cap space to make moves ($33M in 2024, projected $97M in 2025), one of the less ****ty owners, and their division is really ripe for the picking. If he's just chasing wins for 2 years to get the record, the NFC South is a good choice.

Atlanta & the NFCS isn't just a good choice for compiling wins; it's By Far the Best choice.

/thread

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back