PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gramatica Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that was quick.
Well I guess we live and die with the kid

and I agree...Go Gostowski!! :D

BelichickFan said:
In case Gostlowski misses 3 FG this week.

That wouldn't be the end of the world, and is unlikely considering the preseason Gramatica's had so far.

Also, I'm sure Gramatica won't get picked up right away. And even if he was, there would still be Edinger and Cundiff and Peterson available.

Last edited by a moderator:
pats1 said:
That wouldn't be the end of the world, and is unlikely considering the preseason Gramatica's had so far.

Also, I'm sure Gramatica won't get picked up right away. And even if he was, there would still be Edinger and Cundiff and Peterson available.
Well I'm still more nervous and you can't stop me :D

Thanks Martin - I thought it was a big joke when you were signed in the off-season, but you proved me and a lot of other people wrong. Good luck with your next team (unless it's against the Pats, of course).

Good luck Gramatica.
And so, the era of the ghost begins.

What was it someone said after the draft?
"The Ghost - So accurate, it's scary" Something like that.

I am glad that they made a decision this soon, particularly because it was the rookie that they went with.

In hindsight it seems that this was a "gradually turn up the pressure" type deal.

1) Share KOs and FGs
2) Play a game entirely on your own
3) Play the next game knowing that you are "It"

The more games that he can be given without the safety net, the better IMHO.

Kudos to Bill Belichick again. The vets understand and appreciate these actions that help a vet to catch on elsewhere. I'm sure that they all recognize what has happened.

Good Luck Martin. you have resurrected your career, here with the Patriots.

scout said:
I saw this coming. The kid did a good job in the last game. So what were they going to do, let Gramatica kick in the next game? Patriots-80 had it right, a chance for Martin to catch on with another team. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Probably Miami, then the writers can site another example of how good Miami has gotten.

Okay I laughed out loud in my very quiet office when I read this :rofl:

i still would of liked to of seen gots kick in some weather.. but we'll see..

I'm pretty surprised it all went down so suddenly. IMO, Gramatica looked like the better kicker in the first preseason game. He should land with another team before opening day.

Hail Casper the Ghost...

Now for the nicknaming contest...

I suggest "Casper"

Although I know many of you have already christened him "Ghost" or "Gost"

Other quick suggestions are "Ski" and "Baseball" and ??

Suggestions? Comments?

PS: I understand he has a MLB quality pitching arm. Can he throw a football? I wonder if they are practicing the fake field goal play yet. :rocker:

At 6-1 215# he should be able to actually contribute as the last line of defense against the returners. AV was a master at that, at least in his youth, and saved at least half a dozen TDs over the years, with his last-man, TD-saving tackling...

Its time he spent some time with Pees, Collier and the safeties like Harrison and Wilson learning techniques. :rocker:

Gramatica will kick?

Re: Hail Casper the Ghost...

AzPatsFan said:
Now for the nicknaming contest...

I suggest "Casper"

Although I know many of you have already christened him "Ghost" or "Gost"

Other quick suggestions are "Ski" and "Baseball" and ??

Suggestions? Comments?

PS: I understand he has a MLB quality pitching arm. Can he throw a football? I wonder if they are practicing the fake field goal play yet. :rocker:

At 6-1 215# he should be able to actually contribute as the last line of defense against the returners. AV was a master at that, at least in his youth, and saved at least half a dozen TDs over the years, with his last-man, TD-saving tackling...

Its time he spent some time with Pees, Collier and the safeties like Harrison and Wilson learning techniques. :rocker:

Please have mercy. No more cheezy nicknames for our players.

Re: Hail Casper the Ghost...

I'm sorry man but "Baseball" is problably the worst nick name I've heard so far.

maybe the Colts will pick him seeing he is an ex-Patriot and all.

don't they have a need for a kicker?

I've got the perfect nickname. I think it has a real good ring to it...

Stephen Gostkowski!!

or Mahoney...

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity (for those who are out of the local market and have been unable to catch the preseason games on TV) is Gostkowski pronounced so that the first syllable rhymes with "post" or with "cost"? (English is such as phonetically-challenged language!)

Last edited:
huskeralk said:
I've got the perfect nickname. I think it has a real good ring to it...

Stephen Gostkowski!!
AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen.

Attachments

• gtbg-sig.jpg
    gtbg-sig.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 193
PromisedLand said:
Just out of curiousity (for those who are out of the local market and have been unable to catch the preseason games on TV) is Gostkowski pronounced so that the first syllable rhymes with "post" or with "cost"? (English is such as phonetically-challenged language!)
It's a soft o (like cost).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back