PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release Malik Cunningham

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
That was over before it started. Trey Flowers released as well per patriots.com. Amazing how quickly things change around here. Bill goes from on the precipice of being fired to a long term deal, Mac goes from having his job in danger by an udfa to secure for the year in a blink. All it took was one victory over the Bills. Go figure. Lol!

Last edited:
Too bad about Flowers. Guess they either didn’t need him or his recovery wasn’t going well. Also Cunningham probably going back to the PS if he makes it there.

Mac goes from having his job in danger by an udfa
It never was in danger this season but that said a lot more more about the alternatives than about him.

A little different perspective than the one found on this site:

What’s the different perspective? I’m also not entirely buying the protecting him take. Why would they elevate him to protect him just to risk having the other team have a chance to get him anyways? Is there something I’m not aware of here?

*Misread second part of the tweet.

Too bad about Flowers. Guess they either didn’t need him or his recovery wasn’t going well. Also Cunningham probably going back to the PS if he makes it there.
165897038_10224271672437882_5883572187855778234_n.jpg

It never was in danger this season but that said a lot more more about the alternatives than about him.
Cunny never threw a pass.

Too funny.

There is no way anyone signs him to active squad. He can't start as QB and is a project at wr.

Patriots pretty confident they can land him on PS.
Yes exactly wich makes no sense all they had to do was revert him back to the PS? I forgot Flowers was even on this team

They couldn't elevate him for the Saints game as they had two other elevations that game. So they had to sign someone to the 53, and maybe they did that knowing they would cut him later as he'd pass through waivers whereas the other might not.

They also likely need a spot for Reagor - he's had the maximum number of elevations. So basically this likely ends up a swap of Reagor for Cunningham.

Last edited:

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back