PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gramatica Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Gostkowski !

and thanks a lot to Martin Gramatica - i think he helped really a lot his experience and i think he will find soon a place to play

italianpatthepatriot said:
Go Gostkowski !

and thanks a lot to Martin Gramatica - i think he helped really a lot his experience and i think he will find soon a place to play

I think that this was its last opportunity to play to the maximum level football, hopefully soon mistake and take another equipment to me that gives back a smile to him.

ctpatsfan77 said:
I'm not complaining about the nickname, I'm complaining about the fact you misspelled Gostkowski!
Fixed, just an honest typo unlike Mahoney. :D

TedShow said:
Just an FYI, in college he went by the nickname Gotti.
From today's Globe:
"Memphis coach Tommy West, who called Gostkowski ``Gotti" because he couldn't pronounce his last name..."

Gotti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bishbash said:
From today's Globe:
"Memphis coach Tommy West, who called Gostkowski ``Gotti" because he couldn't pronounce his last name..."

I love it!

I am calling him Gotti from now...

The stone cold killer...

The Teflon Don!

Picture this:

Sun 11/5/2006 about 11:01 PM vs Colts...

Chilly night in Foxboro...

Colts 20, Pats 20 - 1:46 remaining...

Colts have a 4th & 6 at the New England 20...

In trots VinaTraitor for a 37 yard attempt...

The New England wind kicks up a little...

AV is soft from kicking in a dome...

He shanks it and it goes wide right towards the lighthouse...

Pats get the ball @ the 27 with 1:43 remaining...

Brady to Watson - 21 yards, out of bounds - NE 48 - 1:32 left...
Brady to Brown - 9 yards, out of bounds - IND 43 - 1:25 left...
Brady to Childress - a shake and bake - 13 yards and OB - IND 30 - 1:06 left...
Maroney off LT for 6 - IND 24 - clock ticking...
Pats use thier 2nd timeout - :41 left...
Dilllon up the middle of the hashes for 3 - IND 21 - clock ticking...
Pats use thier 3rd and final timeout - :09 left...

The Teflon Don comes in for a 38-yard try...

Paxton snaps, Miller gets it down...

GOTTI drills it as time runs out!!!!!!!!

The Foxboro crowd begins the chant, "AV sucks, AV sucks!"

I sit back, take a long draw off my Cuban and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

Re: Gotti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
GOTTI drills it as time runs out!!!!!!!!

The Foxboro crowd begins the chant, "AV sucks, AV sucks!"

Not me. The Vinitraitor is dead to me.

Me, I hate the loser mentality of Red Sox fans with their 'Yankees Suck" cheer. Meanwhile the Ys own the Soxs' ass.

I'd hate to see Patriots fans adopt a similar loser mentality.

Just kick ass, take names and then walk off the field to don the 'hats and shirts' as perennial winner Teddy Bruschi would say.

Last edited:

PatsWickedPissah said:

Me, I hate the loser mentality of Red Sox fans with their 'Yankees Suck" cheer. Meanwhile the Ys own the Soxs' ass.

Just kick ass, take names and then walk off the field to don the 'hats and shirts' as perennial winner Teddy Bruschi would say.

Wow!

That's solid!

Okay, I'm going that way:

"And Pats fans start chanting, "AV is inconsequential, AV is inconsequential!"

LOL!

ADPF

(BTW, the "Yankees suck" thing has kind of gotten old, hasn't it? Especially, since, as you say, they friggin embarrass us every year except for '04, and even then, they were oh so close!)

Last edited:

PatsWickedPissah said:
Ya got that right!!!! To me, seeing those stickers and t-shirts has been the biggest admission that the Sox are below the Yanks. (And no, I ain't a Y fan) Only a second-place-team-mentality fan would be driving around with a "Yankees Suck" bumper sticker. I can only imagine how many vehicles in Indiana have a "Patriots Suck" bumper sticker.

Last edited:

PatsWickedPissah said:

I agree, winners can take the high road.

Instead of trying to run down inferior opponents, instead simply recognise our own greatness.

A nice chant of "Gotti" or something similar depending on the name he develops for himself, will suffice.

The message is then two fold, one we will cheer for our team, and 2 not become bitter over those that do leave. (As well as the fact that we do not need them anymore.)

Gramatica was a proven veteran, and probably could have made a few difficult kicks, but this new rookie is a huge downgrade compared to Vinatieri. The Pats kicking game just got worse....:bricks:

BLITZKRIEG said:
Gramatica was a proven veteran, and probably could have made a few difficult kicks, but this new rookie is a huge downgrade compared to Vinatieri. The Pats kicking game just got worse....:bricks:

Their kicking game got worse the second the Colts signed Vinatieri. With this offense, we shouldn't need much more than a average kicker.

BLITZKRIEG said:

How do you know that? And how did cutting Marty, who hasn't been good for years, make it worse than it was two days ago?

BLITZKRIEG said:

A) Because of the time they see on the field, the marigin between a top and bottom kicker isn't as large as, say, a top and bottom QB.

B) Who said Gostkowski is a huge downgrade? What if he kicks just like he did in college? He's a fourth round pick - at least good enough to be a middle-of-the-pack NFL kicker to start off.

TNPatsFan said:
How do you know that? And how did cutting Marty, who hasn't been good for years, make it worse than it was two days ago?
He was actually saying it's a downgrade from Vinatieri.

huskeralk said:
He was actually saying it's a downgrade from Vinatieri.

Well he said it JUST got worse, implying that it got worse when they cut Gramatica.

Last edited by a moderator:
F0nSY said:
I think that this was its last opportunity to play to the maximum level football, hopefully soon mistake and take another equipment to me that gives back a smile to him.

i do not think so
he will be unemployed not so long imho

TNPatsFan said:
Well he said it JUST got worse, implying that it got worse when they cut Gramatica.

No, it got worse when Vinatieri signed with Indy....

Maybe I'm being alittle harsh. Maybe losing Vinatieri wont slow the Pats down all that much. Clutch kickers like Vinatieri aren't all that easy to replace however, and going with an unproven rookie at such a crucial position, seems like a pretty big risk, especially looking at who he's replacing. That's a lot of responsibility for a kid coming out of college. Vinatieri was a major contributor for the Pats offense everytime he lined-up to kick. I'm not so sure about someone who hasn't even lined-up in the NFL during a real game.....

It will be interesting to see how he does though....

BLITZKRIEG said:

Maybe I'm being alittle harsh. Maybe losing Vinatieri wont slow the Pats down all that much. Clutch kickers like Vinatieri aren't all that easy to replace however, and going with an unproven rookie at such a crucial position, seems like a pretty big risk, especially looking at who he's replacing. That's a lot of responsibility for a kid coming out of college. Vinatieri was a major contributor for the Pats offense everytime he lined-up to kick. I'm not so sure about someone who hasn't even lined-up in the NFL during a real game.....

I agree totally, I think that there is much sense of expectancy by how the novice will do, is difficult to replace to Vinatieri but he will be pretty to see since will make Gostkowski.

I remember in the summer of '96 when Parcells released experienced Matt Bahr in favor of a free agent whose name I couldn't pronounce: Vinatiarry? Vinnyterry? Screw it...Adam V. Turned out to be a decent kicker those first three years: Nothing remarkable, but didn't lose games either (like Scott Sisson). His highlight during those times was probably his takedown from behind of Herschel Walker in Dallas '96 on a kickoff, saving a sure TD...not one of his kicks. Then came '99 where he wasted a great Bledsoe last-minute drive by clanging a 32 yarder off the upright in the final seconds in KC, leading to a loss. Then the day after Christmas that year he shanked a short one late vs. Buffalo, leading to an overtime loss that just added to the misery of that season's 2nd-half collapse. Back then Adam V was just another kicker, one that Pats fans had even started to doubt. It wasn't until the 2001 postseason when he became a local hero...six seasons into his career. The hero status grew after kicking the winner in SB38 and providing the margin of victory in SB39.

Now that the hero has gone off to chase the benjamins, let's hope a new rookie kicker whose name I can't pronounce can come in and start off like Adam V did...nothing spectacular, but nothing disastrous either. Let's hope that as the years go by, he'll improve his game and become more than just an average kicker. Let's hope that the fans will have a little patience and perspective when he goes through the inevitable mini-slumps. Let's hope that some day he'll be put in a position that his years of experience will allow him to win playoff games and even superbowls.

Welcome to the Pats and good luck in your career, Stephen G!

Regards,
Chris

BLITZKRIEG said:

Gotta end somewhere (for Adam), gotta start somewhere (for Stephen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back