PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fair Weather Fans are Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've read many posts on this board regarding "Fair Weather Fans". Most of these posts put FWF's in a negative light and I'm here to say they are good for sports.

Recently, Atlanta Hawks player Mike Bibby called Celtics followers, Fair Weather Fans. Well guess what? Fans should stop supporting their team when they suck...or at least when they suck for a long time and the owners do nothing about it.

When the razor guy owned the Patriots, we sucked and I stopped supporting them enthusiatically and rarely watched them. I can honestly say because I and other did that, we are the team we are today. If the Pats stop winning and have several consecutive sub-500 seasons, my support will wane until it turns around. A lot of empty seats is a great way to tell owners, "Do something!"

Many Bruins fans supported them too long, so management did nothing. Hey, they were still making money.

The net/net is, fair weather fans are good for sports. So the next time you want to call someone a fair weather fan, just realize they're just taking one for the team.

Yeah, it's all due to you.

Thanks....Thanks a lot.:rolleyes:

Oh and fair weather fans suck, by definition. I've been less excited and I've never built my life around watching every game of anything, but you still look to the draft and trades and coaching changes.

Becoming less interested doesn't make you a fair weather fan.

Yes, your hypothetical true fans should thank those fairweather fans for Bob Kraft. A "true" fan that does not raise his glass and toast "fairweather" fans should be shot before they can breed.

Ah, so you are claiming there are no "true" fans - congratulations, you sound like an idiot.

So true fan, would you follow the St. Louis Patriots?

Do you have some information you would like to share with the rest of us? The Patriots play in Foxboro, MA - I figured a real fan would know that.

Many Bruins fans supported them too long, so management did nothing. Hey, they were still making money.

This is blatantly false. The Garden has never been as empty as the last few years. Jacobs makes money on concessions for both the Bruins and the Celtics, and he's already one of the 100 wealthiest men in the United States. The Bruins are a drop in the bucket for him.

Boston is rife with fair-weather fans. It is not, in any way, shape, or form, a compliment.

Since you asked...

....only a misguided nitwit would come to a forum filled with REAL Patriot fans (such as myself) and boast about how great fairweather fans are and how proud you are to be one. Reality check - if it weren't for the support of REAL Patriot fans, they wouldn't have such a nice stadium to play in and they may not be playing in New England altogether. Remember how the Pats were almost moved to St. Louis? Well, you wouldn't because the Pats weren't doing well at the time and you are a proclaimed "fairweather fan" and could care less.

Fairweather fans are the most spineless individuals known to man, and from my impression of you, it all makes sense. So you only watch when they are good and choose to not watch when they are bad in order to make them good again? Well I guess my whole "showup every Sunday" attitude is just silly old-fashioned nonsense. Do the REAL Patriot fans a favor and stop littering the board with your crap and go get your head checked out.

Courageous enough for you?

Not really Richie,

Listen kid, I've been a Patriots fan since before you were born. My real point is that we are all fair weather fans to a point. Of course, there are different degrees of it.

When any professional sports team experiences a deep decline in performance for an extended period of time, most fans interest wanes. A "Good" owner will respond to the resulting drop in revenue by doing all he can to improve his team.

Kraft was not going to go to CT because of FWF's nor did he stay in Foxboro because of die-hard fans. That threat was purely political & you should know that...oh, wait, you were just a kid, huh?

You can make your points til you're blue in the face, I know I'm right. It takes just as much courage to stop watching a team you love than it does to continue to support a franchise whose owners have become irresponible.

This is blatantly false. The Garden has never been as empty as the last few years. Jacobs makes money on concessions for both the Bruins and the Celtics, and he's already one of the 100 wealthiest men in the United States. The Bruins are a drop in the bucket for him.

Boston is rife with fair-weather fans. It is not, in any way, shape, or form, a compliment.

You made my point. FINALLY, Bruins fans realized they needed to stop supporting the team...now look what happened.

Yeah, it's all due to you.

Thanks....Thanks a lot.:rolleyes:

And you too RayClay. Cause I know for a fact your enthusiasm & support was not as strong during those 3-13 years. Maybe you'd leave or turn the channel at halftime or you didn't buy as many Patriot jersey's. But your support was not as strong in those years.

So I'm glad you helped the cause as well big fella!

You forgot to add..."only when they are doing well"

You can still love a team as much as ever but refuse to support an ownership that has turned its back on their fans.

Maybe you didn't know that.

Why would an intelligent person poop footballs with 1-15 printed on them.

So true fan, would you follow the St. Louis Patriots?

Excellent point castle! He would support any team that represented New England had the Pats left town. So where is his loyalty...really?

I just love when member respond with blind emotion and forget to use their intellegence.

It takes just as much courage to stop watching a team you love than it does to continue to support a franchise whose owners have become irresponible.

So it takes a lot of courage....to be a coward? Cowardly behavior is the key to being a fairweather fan. Simply because you can't stand watching your team lose. Don't spin it like you are actually improving things. You are just a little spineless being that doesn't want to be associated with an "ordinary" team.

Excellent point castle! He would support any team that represented New England had the Pats left town. So where is his loyalty...really?

I just love when member respond with blind emotion and forget to use their intellegence.

Yes, I didn't use intelligence in answering a purely hypothetical question. Shame on me.

So it takes a lot of courage....to be a coward? Cowardly behavior is the key to being a fairweather fan. Simply because you can't stand watching your team lose. Don't spin it like you are actually improving things. You are just a little spineless being that doesn't want to be associated with an "ordinary" team.

Man, you REALLY don't know how to listen/read, do you? Yes, it takes courage to stop supporting the team you love when & only when ownership stops doing it's job to build a winner.

I have stated more than once, this doesn't mean one losing year. I suggest you go back and re-read what I said.

Ok kid?

Man, you REALLY don't know how to listen/read, do you? Yes, it takes courage to stop supporting the team you love when & only when ownership stops doing it's job to build a winner.

I have stated more than once, this doesn't mean one losing year. I suggest you go back and re-read what I said.

Ok kid?

What you said, in summary, is that you abandon your "favorite" team when they are doing poorly and then come back full-force when they are doing well, then rationalize that your fan vacation helped things out. You are saying that you will only support a winning team and not just YOUR team.

FAIRWEATHER FANS ARE THE WORST.

I corrected the above for you kid.

How would a fairweather fan know anything about courage?

How bout another hypothetical - if you actually had a pair would you still continue to post drivel on the board?

Last edited:

Here's the bottom line to fans like you richpats...(although I think there is only one like you)

I am very comfortable with how I conduct myself as a Patriot fan. Whatever you or others think does not affect me in any way as a fan or a man. I know I'm right about the subject of this post. So you can debate me & get all riled up all you want. I'll still be right and I'll still be a great Patriots fan.

How would a fairweather fan know anything about courage?

How bout another hypothetical - if you actually had a pair would you still continue to post drivel on the board?

My, my, you are such a name-calling child.

Move on, kid.

I'll still be right and I'll still be a great Patriots fan.

and you'll still be a gutless a-hole. If you want to brag about being a fairweather fan then don't get all pissy when real fans call you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes