PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fair Weather Fans are Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you'll still be a gutless a-hole. If you want to brag about being a fairweather fan then don't get all pissy when real fans call you out.

I haven't. I've told you before, it's a compliment. I took one for the team and now look what you have to cheer for. You're welcome.

While you were still wearing your cheerleaders uniform, I sacrificed watching & supporting the team I've loved sine the 1960's.

So who's more couragious? I guess that's a matter of opinion. And we all know what your opinion is.

According to richpats, fair weather fans are;

"Gutless a-hole cowards who get all pissy..."

That should at least get you a warning from the mods, kid.

Thanks to the OP for helping us all redefine our terms a little more carefully.

Even tho my screenname boasts of my nearly 35 years of supporting the Pats, I've never had a problem with fellow fans who let owners and management know of their disgust with poor teams on the field and lousy decision-making in the front office. I stayed home on more than one frigid or rainy Sunday rather than go through the motions of catching a mean cold or the flu for the sake of a bad team; I also often decided that I had better things to do than watch said team on the TV. However, I'll admit that I also couldn't think of anything better to do on a "fair weather" Sunday in October or November than sit in the old stadium and watch at least one good NFL team on the gridiron, even if they were wearing the wrong uniform.

My problem is solely with those who "discovered" the Pats after 2001 and who act out on this board when the Pats "disappoint" them by not winning a Lombardi every year or who demonstrate a general lack of understanding of the difficulty and challenge of continuing to win in the post-Cap and Parity NFL.

Last edited:
You made my point. FINALLY, Bruins fans realized they needed to stop supporting the team...now look what happened.

Nothing happened. The team still isn't very good. Oh, they're getting better, but that's more to do with the GM and coaching staff than ownership, and certainly not to do with any message shown by lack of butts in the seats. Jacobs has sucked for decades, and he'll continue to suck. The Bruins aren't making him half as much money as the Celtics are, and he doesn't even own the Celtics. He does get those wonderful concession sales for their sell-out home playoff games though.

Last edited:

Why would they warn me? Because I'm right?

Thanks to the OP for helping us all redefine our terms a little more carefully.

Even tho my screenname boasts of my nearly 35 years of supporting the Pats, I've never had a problem with fellow fans who let owners and management know of their disgust with poor teams on the field and lousy decision-making in the front office. I stayed home on more than one frigid or rainy Sunday rather than go through the motions of catching a mean cold or the flu for the sake of a bad team; I also often decided that I had better things to do than watch said team on the TV. However, I'll admit that I also couldn't think of anything better to do on a "fair weather" Sunday in October or November than sit in the old stadium and watch at least one good NFL team on the gridiron, even if they were wearing the wrong uniform.

My problem is solely with those who "discovered" the Pats after 2001 and who act out on this board when the Pats "disappoint" them by not winning a Lombardi every year or who demonstrate a general lack of understanding of the difficulty and challenge of continuing to win in the post-Cap and Parity NFL.

We absolutely agree on the points you've made here. Are you embaressed that a "gutless a-hole coward" agrees with you?;)

I have a problem with fans who assume that a fan who has a concern about our team supposedly "discovered the Pats after 2001".

I have a problem with fans who assume that a fan who has a concern about our team supposedly "discovered the Pats after 2001".

You're right...but only that fan would know. And if he/she did know they became a fan after 2001, then they'd know where they stand, huh?

As you know, we all have to look in the mirror. We can't hide from the truth.

You're right...but only that fan would know. And if he/she did know they became a fan after 2001, then they'd know where they stand, huh?

As you know, we all have to look in the mirror. We can't hide from the truth.

Jibberish, jibberish and more jibberish - the language of the fairweather fan.

no, because you resorted to direct name calling.

you said:

Haha, do you know how many times you and others have resorted to name-calling? How many warnings did you receive? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I haven't. I've told you before, it's a compliment. I took one for the team and now look what you have to cheer for. You're welcome.

While you were still wearing your cheerleaders uniform, I sacrificed watching & supporting the team I've loved sine the 1960's.

So who's more couragious? I guess that's a matter of opinion. And we all know what your opinion is.

Well, those words actually make him a person with the maturity level of a.....troll.

This thread just sucks.

Haha, do you know how many times you and others have resorted to name-calling? How many warnings did you receive? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I've never been warned since joining this board. Where did THAT come from?

You are quickly becoming the most disliked member of Patsfans. all you do is try to hijak threads you don't agree with. Like the thread where real Great Patriot fans got together to make a "Patsfans for Truth" website.

Why are you like that? You should consider counceling...seriously.

You forgot to tell us...

How old are you?

I've never been warned since joining this board. Where did THAT come from?

Thanks for proving my point.

And to answer your question, I'm old enough to outsmart you easily, so I'm at least 5 years old :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back