PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fair Weather Fans are Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think the proud fairweather fan deserves that honor.....

Would you care to have a vote?:rolleyes:

Every debate you & I are in, members agree with me and not with you. As a matter of fact, no one even responds to you in some threads. That's how bad your rep has become.

You truly need to get honest and ask yourself, "is it everyone else or is it me?"

Hint: It's not everyone else.

Would you care to have a vote?:rolleyes:

Every debate you & I are in, members agree with me and not with you. As a matter of fact, no one even responds to you in some threads. That's how bad your rep has become.

You truly need to get honest and ask yourself, "is it everyone else or is it me?"

Hint: It's not everyone else.

Yeah, the 2 members that always agree with you represent the whole board :rolleyes:

Yeah, the 2 members that always agree with you represent the whole board :rolleyes:

Below is a list of members who have agreed with me just in this thread alone;

Wildo
AppleStrudel
MrBigglesWorth
Deus Irae
Castlelong
Hardboiled
PatsFanSince74
Clonamery

You had one or two agree with you but not nearly to the depth of your disdain.

Wow, you're wrong AGAIN...imagine that!:rolleyes:

Below is a list of members who have agreed with me just in this thread alone;

Wildo
AppleStrudel
MrBigglesWorth
Deus Irae
Castlelong
Hardboiled
PatsFanSince74
Clonamery

You had one or two agree with you but not nearly to the depth of your disdain.

Wow, you're wrong AGAIN...imagine that!:rolleyes:

Maybe it just proves the Patriot fanbase is loaded with fairweathers.....and as another poster said, that's not a compliment.

Last edited:
I agree with PR and I've been a Patriot fan since before you were born.

Maybe it just proves the Patriot fanbase is loaded with fairweathers.....and as another poster said, that's not a compliment.

EVERY SINGLE TIME you're wrong, you have an excuse...and man, have you been wrong a lot.

You are so disillusioned that you actually believe your arguments are right, EVEN WHEN YOU'RE WRONG.

What are you gonna do when you get a job and your boss tells you that you screwed up?

"Duh, gee boss, I thought I did it right. You must have explained it wrong!"

read my post and then call me that to my face fella.

I have a problem with fans who assume that a fan who has a concern about our team supposedly "discovered the Pats after 2001".

My, my. I conclude two things from your post. One, you didn't read what I wrote and two, you were absent from school the day they taught logic.

In other words, "Not every fan who 'has a concern about our team' 'discoved the Pats after 2001.'" Indeed, "Not every fan who 'discovered the Pats after 2001' meets the definition of fans with whom I have a 'problem,' but only those fans who 'act out on this board when the Pats "disappoint" them by not winning a Lombardi every year or who demonstrate a general lack of understanding of the difficulty and challenge of continuing to win in the post-Cap and Parity NFL.'"

That's probably a little complicated for you, but I don't have time to simplify it any further.

We absolutely agree on the points you've made here. Are you embaressed that a "gutless a-hole coward" agrees with you?;)

No, but I guess the other poster believe that NEM left a vacuum that had to be filled.

I think some members feel their role is to be the voice of dissension.:rolleyes:

yeah. as long as they're polite and don't get personal, i kind of like it. otherwise, i have no time for it. things have gotten a lot better in the last year. my biggest problem was when someone would intentionally "hijack" a thread when it was clear that others didn't want to engage in whatever argument the "hijacker" was trying to start. they would escalate either until they provoked a response or until practically every second post on a thread was their's and the original point was long ago lost. i always felt bad for them, as I felt it was pretty clear that they were troubled and needed help but were abusing the board as a form of free therapy. (to be clear, i'm not talking about the person who has been debating on this thread !)

the issue, of course, is that if someone is just trying to get a reaction, we only encourage them when we respond. i admit that occasionally i can't resist.

Last edited:
Ah, so you are claiming there are no "true" fans - congratulations, you sound like an idiot.

No, moron, I'm claiming true fans are idiots. See the Bruins or look in a mirror.

Gee, you are ******ed if you actually read my post and actually thought I was saying they don't exist.

i've probably been a fan of the pats as long as anybody and i've stuck with them thru thick and thin, that's just how i am with the pats, b's, c's and sox.

i think everybody should decide for themselves what type of fan they want to be but fair weather fan is a more apt description of padre, charger fan. i think the op is more of a conscientious objector. that implies a more conscious decision.

Those who complain about fair weather fans are the same people who complain when their team doesn't get enough recognition. :rolleyes:

I really don't have problem with fair weather fans. They buy merchandise, increase rating, and who knows, may turn into big time fans. It does rub me in wrong way when people sit in stands like a freaking statue and make no noise during the game. It has gotten pretty bad for Red Sox and I hope it doesn't happen to Pats(before 2004, you couldn't hear anything except 'Yankees Suck' when Yankees come to town. Not so these days :confused:). Heck, my wife only started to like football and Patriots just last year(she is from Argentina...soccer fan) when Brady was going nuts throwing touchdowns and now she listens to WEEI to hear Pats news. Beats listening to 106.7 FM so I'm happy.:singing:

yeah. as long as they're polite and don't get personal, i kind of like it. otherwise, i have no time for it. things have gotten a lot better in the last year. my biggest problem was when someone would intentionally "hijack" a thread when it was clear that others didn't want to engage in whatever argument the "hijacker" was trying to start. they would escalate either until they provoked a response or until practically every second post on a thread was their's and the original point was long ago lost. i always felt bad for them, as I felt it was pretty clear that they were troubled and needed help but were abusing the board as a form of free therapy. (to be clear, i'm not talking about the person who has been debating on this thread !)

the issue, of course, is that if someone is just trying to get a reaction, we only encourage them when we respond. i admit that occasionally i can't resist.

We all have some of that in us...we're competitive people, so it's natural. I REALLY agree about the hijacking threads comment. There was one person who continually did that to threads supporting Randy Moss when that BS news came out about him & the lady's pinky. He just wouldn't go away.

Richpats tried to do that to the "Pats fans for Truth" thread, but people stopped responding to him.

Even when we stop watching & going to games, we're still just as avid fans
There are a lot of people who only root for winning teams. They are fair weather fans, and the name doesn't bother them.

But they are only fans when they are rooting for and following the team.

And fans is too strong a word. Fan is a shortening of the word Fanatic. If you can be calm and logical and not follow your team, then you are hardly fanatic about it.

Fanatics say, "Wait until next year. We signed xxx and drafted yyy. Boy, I can't wait."

Fair weather "fans" say, "Yawn. Wake me up when you are certan they will win the superbowl. Until I don't want to waste my time."

Fanatic Fans find you amusing and leave you to the face-saving exercises and rationalizations in which you indulge yourself. We snicker.

Fair weather fans are NOT good for the team, as you say. The team - the players - benefits from people cheering them one. You are disrespecting the players and using the self-delusional concept that it is for the good of the owner's or some such b.s.

One thing is for sure. There are a LOT more "fans" around now than there were in 2000. And many of them are getting disatisfied because we haven't
won a championship in years. "If we don't win, then what is the point of being a fan?" you say.

I agree. I fully support your going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back