PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman offered 3-year deal, he opts to test free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: nevermind

Cool. He will sign with them before the end of the day.

This will be awful living in PA seeing a Ravens Edelman jersey hurts.
Now if we sign Revis Ware and Sanders that pain will subside but still.

Edelman visiting the ravens
He's done as a Patriot. What a bummer. :mad: Good luck diving for ducks from Unibrow, Julian.

Gonna miss his punt returning. :(

Quick question - How much cap space do we have? Or how much do we anticipate to have once releasing some obvious guys like Sopoaga?

14.9 right now

He's done as a Patriot. What a bummer. :mad: Good luck diving for ducks from Unibrow, Julian.

Maybe they do go after sproles after all...good returner

"..and then I said, relax, everything is under control , kkkkkkkkk"

bill-belichick10.jpg

Edelman to the ravens would be suck so much. Almost anywhere but baltimore man...

How do they have any cap room at all?
Belichick cant let that happen if its like a measely million more it be sickening. For him to go from the Goat to the Joke I will immediately cut him off my Facebook this is bs.

I really liked Edelman. Great attitude, toughness, returns punts like he's being controlled with a joystick... can't blame him for seeking a big payoff. Pats got one great year out of him, and a ton of memorable ST play, for not much money at all.

If you're gone, Julian, hats off to you. You played it the Patriot way.

DECISION MADE BEFORE 4 PM
The patriots decided on our slot receiver. His name is Amendola. He is being paid $3M plus workout and game incentives for his services this year. If plays all the games, he will be paid $3.875M. The club has options on him for the next three years.

Amendola will be paid 3/14 including incentives, plus the team has an option on the next year. He has $2M guaranteed.

Apparently, Edelman was offered the same money for three year with incentives that could have gotten him much higher, with $7M guaranteed.

I agree with Brady6 that if Edelman signed, Amendola might have been cut.

As it is we kept a much less expensive Amendola, with only $2M being guaranteed instead of at $7M.

DECISION TO BE MADE AFTER 4PM
Who is our second downfield receiver (along with Dobson)? How much should we pay? Which receivers might be worth MORE than Edelman in that role? Which might even cost less?

Torrey Smith - Dennis Pitta - Edelperson and one more WR to go along with Rice gives them a formidable Offense.

My ravens hatred is reaching Jets like proportions.
Come on Revis, Ware and Sanders.

If a player is lining up visits today, it means that he doesn't have any offers on the table.

Torrey Smith - Dennis Pitta - Edelperson and one more WR to go along with Rice gives them a formidable Offense.

Shame they don't have a QB that throws accurate passes.

How do the Ravens have ANY cap room?

Suggs extension, Pitta, Monroe? Not to mention Flacco Ngata and Rice.

Are you really suggesting that Sproles is not good enough to be one of our five running backs?

He's a running back. They won't sign a guy only to return punts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back