PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dwight Freeney thinks that owners colluded to keep free agent prices down

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with any of the following;

1. Age.
2. Declining production.
3. Smaller than expected cap increases.
4. Smart GM business.
5. Schematic fit.

I agree with this more than the GMs playing the cap game, but both play a part. The fact is Freeney never played FA before. The way he was talking made it seem like his agent gave him an excuse why he didn't get the contract he thought he would. He bought into it.

hey...you got 32 mega rich guys belonging to this exclusive club...there's billions of dollars in profits for everyone as long as all 32 members stay unified on decisions...Al Davis is dead...Ralph Wilson has to be playing with his rubber ducky but his franchise is reportedly worth 909 million dollars...what we have here is the REAL billionaire boys club.

collusion??? I say this is definitely not an example of spandex....

The NFLPA are desperate to get a collusion case going to fix the fact they signed the current CBA. Like their other collusion case, it will go nowhere.

I blame DeMaurice Smith for this. He was clearly the wrong guy for the job. He either was too stupid to see that the CBA may have looked like a win for the players when you listen to salary cap minimums and increased TV revenue and a horrible deal for the players when you crunch the numbers or he knew the owners took him to the woodshed and figured the would try to break the deal in a collusion case. While the media washed his balls for striking a huge win for the players in the CBA, the owners were laughing behind closed doors.

If players like Freeney are upset, they should go after the guys who are responsible for their situation - NFLPA management.

Someone tell Dwight that this isn't 2004 and he doesn't resemble that player anymore.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back