PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shouldn't All The Free Agents On Offense Be Up For Sale/Trade?

He was NOT a starting caliber guard. He was far below that level. Adequate as a backup at best.

Also, Bill offered him $2m a year. Where are you coming up with these numbers?

Shaq Mason has been a shell of himself since he was traded, and the Bucs traded him for peanuts.

But here's the big reason why Mason was traded: because when Mason got hurt, Onwenu stepped in and played like an All-Pro. When Mason came back, Onwenu went in at LG and... was horrible. He couldn't play LG. So they had 2 RGs. They went with the better one, who also happened to be much cheaper. Neither of these guys were playing RG, and Mason's departure had absolutely nothing to do with the hole created at RG. That happened because we signed Mason instead of Thuney.

Blast Belichick for THAT! Now that was the mistake. But going back and looking at what could've been with Karras and Mason? Please.
Lol So Bill offered Karras $2 million and the Bengals offered him $15 million? If that was the case then why offer at all? I can see that you're clearly Dante Scarneccia Jr but Karras was fine here. Mason was also fine in Tampa. Neither guy was a super star last year but I would have rather had either one of them than waste a first round pick on Cole Strange.

The Patriots reportedly offered Karras a three-year, $15 million contract before the Scouting Combine, with Bill Belichick himself doing some recruiting. However, they eventually lowered the offer to three years and $13 million.

Lol So Bill offered Karras $2 million and the Bengals offered him $15 million? If that was the case then why offer at all? I can see that you're clearly Dante Scarneccia Jr but Karras was fine here. Mason was also fine in Tampa. Neither guy was a super star last year but I would have rather had either one of them than waste a first round pick on Cole Strange.

The Patriots reportedly offered Karras a three-year, $15 million contract before the Scouting Combine, with Bill Belichick himself doing some recruiting. However, they eventually lowered the offer to three years and $13 million.

Laughing at this fixation on Karras. He's horrible. Especially at guard. The Bengals are regretting every bit of that $18m they gave him. He's not worth it.

Mason almost got Brady killed in Tampa, he was a huge part of the problem.

We have threads on this board marveling at the fact that Karras could not run, literally could not pull. Whenever he vacated, he couldn't get to the next hole and defenders had a free run into the backfield. So many TFLs because of his inability to do anything but straight ahead blocking.

You're crazy if you would take Karras over Cole Strange. Strange beats him by a mile. And Mason doesn't even play LG and he CAN'T.

Laughing at this fixation on Karras. He's horrible. Especially at guard. The Bengals are regretting every bit of that $18m they gave him. He's not worth it.

We have threads on this board marveling at the fact that Karras could not run, literally could not pull. Whenever he vacated, he couldn't get to the next hole and defenders had a free run into the backfield. So many TFLs because of his inability to do anything but straight ahead blocking.

You're crazy if you would take Karras over Cole Strange. Strange beats him by a mile. And Mason doesn't even play LG and he CAN'T.
Amazon Studios Emergency GIF by Prime Video Comedy

As usual you're missing the point. Bill created a hole in the roster then was stuck reaching to fill that hole.

Then why did Emperor Bill offer him $13M

Amazon Studios Emergency GIF by Prime Video Comedy

As usual you're missing the point. Bill created a hole in the roster then was stuck reaching to fill that hole.
I didn't miss this at all. I replied to it. I'll say it again:

Mason can't play LG. Onwenu can't play LG. Karras sucks.

So he drafted Strange.

Now, that doesn't mean Bill didn't create this problem. He did when he signed Mason instead of Thuney. He should've signed Thuney. On the other hand, if we had let Mason go instead of Thuney, we would have created a hole at RG. And who's to say that Onwenu makes it to the 6th round in that alternate universe. We may have had to use a 1st rounder on a RG regardless. Whatever, blame Bill for Thuney, but Karras is totally irrelevant to this.

Then why did Emperor Bill offer him $13M
I read he offered him $6m for 3 years. I doubt we offered him $13m. Might've been that much with incentives. Regardless, he sucked

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back