PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For 24, we will need at least 10 players on Offense.

Looking at otc, I dont think we can move on from jjss unfortunately until 2025. The cap savings show as a negative # next year, so were pretty much stuck with him another year. How much would we save via trade?

Looking at otc, I dont think we can move on from jjss unfortunately until 2025. The cap savings show as a negative # next year, so were pretty much stuck with him another year. How much would we save via trade?
7 million in dead money next year and 5.3 in cap space... they could cut him with a post june 1 designation... 9.3m in 2024, 2.6m in 2025 in terms of dead money, 1m in cap space in 2024 and 7.5 m in cap space in 2025

I think you're living in delusional homerland.

Nope all well worth the money.

Ahh, You rely on others to make your opinion for you... Because Trav says it, its got to be true, no? yeah... :rolleyes:

Godchaux - so your buddy Trav relies on pff... and pff knows his role/responsibilities how? So they can grade him, they need to know his role & responsibilities per play, correct? Please - Be Specific when explaining this.

As for Meyers - I was the guy banging the drum to keep him here all summer long... I was the guy who said he was worth 15m a season... while you were what? He's all not a number 1 receiver, dime a dozen, yada yada yada... don't think you can try and throw that in my face when its the same thing i have been saying all along...

However, it does not make those contracts any less cheap, comparatively, with what players are earning on the open market

And as people are all too willing to point out, we no longer have the draw of brady to bring players in... we got to field a team, right?

so whatcha gonna do chucklehead?

7 million in dead money next year and 5.3 in cap space... they could cut him with a post june 1 designation... 9.3m in 2024, 2.6m in 2025 in terms of dead money, 1m in cap space in 2024 and 7.5 m in cap space in 2025

5.3m is better than nothing i guess. I doubt whatever pick we get will be any good but if this complete lack of production keeps up gonna hafta ship him out.

5.3m is better than nothing i guess. I doubt whatever pick we get will be any good but if this complete lack of production keeps up gonna hafta ship him out.
we never should have signed him. cheap dollars for a bad player. we should have just overpaid Meyers. But that opportunity has passed, and we are stuck with him. He has no real trade value & the only way to part without it smarting is him getting hurt and him willing to agree to an injury settlement.

Ahh, You rely on others to make your opinion for you... Because Trav says it, its got to be true, no? yeah... :rolleyes:

Godchaux - so your buddy Trav relies on pff... and pff knows his role/responsibilities how? So they can grade him, they need to know his role & responsibilities per play, correct? Please - Be Specific when explaining this.

As for Meyers - I was the guy banging the drum to keep him here all summer long... I was the guy who said he was worth 15m a season... while you were what? He's all not a number 1 receiver, dime a dozen, yada yada yada... don't think you can try and throw that in my face when its the same thing i have been saying all along...

However, it does not make those contracts any less cheap, comparatively, with what players are earning on the open market

And as people are all too willing to point out, we no longer have the draw of brady to bring players in... we got to field a team, right?

so whatcha gonna do chucklehead?
Yep okay. It is all a big conspiracy on Twitter to bring down Juju, Devante Parker, and Godchaux. They've actually been studs out there but it's a secret that only great football minds like you can see.

If you pay someone $5,000 or $50,000 to paint your house and they do a really crappy job either way they're overpaid. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

What Bill could have done is traded for AJ Brown. He could have traded for Davante Adams. He could have signed Deandre Hopkins. He could have traded for Stefon Diggs. He could have traded for Calvin Ridley. He could have traded for DJ Moore. He could just learn how to draft receivers. There are multiple ways to get good receivers. Bill just isn't interested in that.

we never should have signed him. cheap dollars for a bad player. we should have just overpaid Meyers. But that opportunity has passed, and we are stuck with him. He has no real trade value & the only way to part without it smarting is him getting hurt and him willing to agree to an injury settlement.

Yeah, bad signing. Like agholor i think we just opened our checkbooks at the wrong time for wr. Next year may have been the time to do it, still could be

What Bill could have done is traded for AJ Brown. He could have traded for Davante Adams. He could have signed Deandre Hopkins. He could have traded for Stefon Diggs. He could have traded for Calvin Ridley. He could have traded for DJ Moore. He could just learn how to draft receivers. There are multiple ways to get good receivers. Bill just isn't interested in that.
Taylor Swift lives in the next town over. I could have dated her.

I mean, really, Could Have... dude, I was really teasing you with the Madden remark. But after that? Yeah, no **** I ain't kidding. Stop it, real life isnt video games.

As for the drafting wrs, yeah well, if it hasn't changed in 30 years, unlikely it will change moving forward.

Taylor Swift lives in the next town over. I could have dated her.

I mean, really, Could Have... dude, I was really teasing you with the Madden remark. But after that? Yeah, no **** I ain't kidding. Stop it, real life isnt video games.

As for the drafting wrs, yeah well, if it hasn't changed in 30 years, unlikely it will change moving forward.
Lol what? I am lost on the Taylor Swift part.

Either way paying bad players isn't a good way to build a roster.

Deatrich Wise is the 5th highest cap hit on the team at $8.7 million. A serviceable player but he would be overpaid at half that number.
Disagree

The Defense needs to re-sign or replace Dugger, Uche, and Jennings.
==========
The Offense is much more serious. Yes, existing players could be re-signed to meet the need.

We need
2 QB - starter and backup
2 RB - to replace Zeke and Montgomery
2 WR - to replace Shuster and for one one major improvement
3 TE - all three are free agents
2 OT - I suppose that we OK with Strange, Mafi and Sow at OG

To be clear, this is the ENTIRE OFFENSE. Even at OG, all three have question marks.
On defense if Barmore continues to just be a guy I don't think his 5th year option will picked up. He's trending in the Malcolm brown direction. Mills,Philips and Peppers are pending FAs, I can very easily see those guys wanting to finish their careers on a Winning team.

Trading or restructuring park and juju seems more likely.. I'm all in on the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. My hope is to see Cunningham behind center this season st some point at least we would get some entertainment value.

Yeah, bad signing. Like agholor i think we just opened our checkbooks at the wrong time for wr. Next year may have been the time to do it, still could be
Not a very good crop in free agency next year either unfortunately. I think Tee Higgins tops the list and few others.

Honestly, if they end up getting the 2nd or 3rd pick, just take Harrison Jr who has a lot less bust potential than any QB in that draft class.

Addresses 2 problems.

1. The need for a top flight weapon

2. Even your head coach can’t **** up that wr pick.

Not a very good crop in free agency next year either unfortunately. I think Tee Higgins tops the list and few others.

Honestly, if they end up getting the 2nd or 3rd pick, just take Harrison Jr who has a lot less bust potential than any QB in that draft class.

Addresses 2 problems.

All depends on the HC next year!

Addresses 2 problems.

yup, and then we'll only need 9 solid players on Offense in addition to replacing or re-signing Oche, Jennings and Dugger.

What resources will you need to acquire
1) Top flight weapon (WR I presume)
2) Future franchise QB
3) replacements for Duggar, Jennings and Oche (or to re-sign them)
4) the other 8 top needs?

yup, and then we'll only need 9 solid players on Offense in addition to replacing or re-signing Oche, Jennings and Dugger.

What resources will you need to acquire
1) Top flight weapon (WR I presume)
2) Future franchise QB
3) replacements for Duggar, Jennings and Oche (or to re-sign them)
4) the other 8 top needs?
Depends on how bad they finish. They would have to knock the free agency and draft out of the park to fill all needs.

1. Top flight weapon (Marvin Harrison Jr high or Emeka Egbuka at about 10-15 via draft.

2. Future QB, roll the dice on a 2nd round talent and hope for the best. Get a real journeyman until you find the one. Don’t waste valuable draft capital on a Qb you think might work.

3. Give Dugger a very competitive offer and hold your breath. They still have Mapu grooming. Uche and Jennings, not sure where I stand with them. If I’m the owner I’m certainly not rolling out the brinks truck for them.

4. Fix the oline. Spend, free agency draft etc.

5. This isn’t happening overnight. It’s going to take atleast 2-5 years to right the ship unless like mentioned, they just start knocking drafts and free agent signings out of the park.

No, he couldn't have. AJ Brown was on an expiring contract and he wanted to go play with his best friend. You don't trade a 1st round draft pick for a guy you have to franchise as soon as he gets here. Davante Adams obviously wanted the Raiders, his childhood team, and to play with his buddy David Carr. The idea that either of these guys would have come to New England is wishful thinking. Would never happen.

Depends on how bad they finish. They would have to knock the free agency and draft out of the park to fill all needs.

1. Top flight weapon (Marvin Harrison Jr high or Emeka Egbuka at about 10-15 via draft.

2. Future QB, roll the dice on a 2nd round talent and hope for the best. Get a real journeyman until you find the one. Don’t waste valuable draft capital on a Qb you think might work.

3. Give Dugger a very competitive offer and hold your breath. They still have Mapu grooming. Uche and Jennings, not sure where I stand with them. If I’m the owner I’m certainly not rolling out the brinks truck for them.

4. Fix the oline. Spend, free agency draft etc.

5. This isn’t happening overnight. It’s going to take atleast 2-5 years to right the ship unless like mentioned, they just start knocking drafts and free agent signings out of the park.
2. Someone looked up the record for lower drafted QBs (2nd rd. +). It's just so hopeless. We came up with 3 over decades, Drew Brees, Dak Prescott and Tom Brady. It's just not the way to go. Draft a QB in the 1st round. You have a 35% chance of finding a good one (6 of the last 16 drafted in the 1st turned out well for their teams). If New England has a chance at drafting Caleb Williams, they have to do it. QBs are 10x more important than WRs.

A legit QB alleviates OL and WR problems.
Those types usually will not come available through FA. So we most likely looking at Mac’s replacement in the draft.

We’re asking for trouble if you saddle our rook with poor talent around him at OL and WR.

Addresses 2 problems.

Next year is the best WR free agent class in a decade. Whether anyone wants to play with Mac is a totally different story.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back