PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Plan For 2024

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If we do this at a minimum, I believe that we are competing for the playoffs in 2024. We will have cap money left for more signings. IMO, this list is very doable for a team picking near the top of every round, and with $100M of cap money (includes Jackson's money; he won't be getting the $12M)

I would note that we have lots of players coming back from injury that will improve our team for 2024.

RE-SIGNS
Onwenu
Bourne
Elliot
Reagor
Brown (Pharaoh)
Jennings
Wilson
Mills
our ERFA's: Bledsoe, Rourke, Austin, Wheatley (they get minimum pay)

FREE AGENCY
Brissette or equivalent
a free safety
an upgrade of Parker
more

DRAFT
QB in the first
2 OT's in the top 50 and another in the 4th or 5th
an OG/C in the 4th or 5th
the normal swings at a WR (we got Douglas and Boutte last year)

I think you need to bring back Duggar. This team needs soild leadership on the field and he can do that. I agree they need a QB but if they can not get one of the top 2 and they have Danials roughly the same as the Penix, Nix group then i can see them going for the Top OT and either waiting or trading up late 1st for the 5th year.

I think you need to bring back Duggar. This team needs soild leadership on the field and he can do that. I agree they need a QB but if they can not get one of the top 2 and they have Danials roughly the same as the Penix, Nix group then i can see them going for the Top OT and either waiting or trading up late 1st for the 5th year.
Sure, I want Dugger back. But, is he a top free safety? Don't we need one? Don't Peppers and J Jones count as leadership?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back