PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr. Z mid-season All Pro team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy your 2nd round pick, SourGrapes4Ever

Please tell me you can find 5 receivers in the NFL better then Welker.

Welker's growth as a player was stunted by playing for a pathetic team

Look what happened to Randy Moss.

One of the greatest receivers in NFL HISTORY almost stagnated and died because he was surrounded by mediocrity.

Not true, Watson was also slowly helped along after being drafted, and Warren didn't start immediately either.

Yup, if you remember for awhile some posters on the interweb considered Warren a dissapointment. Wilfork had a slightly slow start to his rookie season, until the coaching staff realized he was playing to far off the ball.
Watson looked good early (preseason and the first game), but the injury sidelined him for almost his entire rookie year, and he fought some problems with drops and a slight problems with fumbles after that. I think Benjamin's one of the top 5-7 TE's in the NFL though.

Meriweather looked good against the Bengals, where he stoned TJ in the backfield for (I believe) a two yard loss, and he later put a nice hit on CJ. I don't like the fact that Brandon's playing time has seemingly gone down of late, and when on the field he hasn't been making those same kind of plays. But, I wouldn't read to much into it at this point considering he's a rookie, and the Patriots have Sanders, Gay, Harrison, and Wilson.

Meriweather's going through an adjustment period right now. The Patriots want him to play a more disciplined brand of football. Their choice to play him at CB during training camp probably didn't help his adjustment to playing Safety in the NFL, either.

When it comes to those who are already calling him a "dissapointment" or a "potential bust", I just brush it off as BS. None of us know how Brandon's future in the NFL is going to go, but when you consider the Patriots track record in the first round, you've got to at least be optimistic.

Also, a lot of people who are already trashing Meriweather were among the group of fans who didn't like him from the start, didn't think the Patriots would select him, and didn't like the pick. If anything those people are being consistant, but you'd think by now some of us would have learned BB and Pioli know a little more about the draft than us.

Last edited:
If you can't think of 5 receivers better then Wes Welker then you need to watch some more football.

I can't think of five better Slot receivers, which is basically what DR. Z was thinking of listing his as.

Oddly enough, I don't have to.

Well if you can't I advise you to watch some other games.

Joker said:
Enjoy your 2nd round pick, SourGrapes4Ever

We have a guy that has upgraded our running game BIG TIME and is pretty damn good in pass protection too. I'm loving the deal we got for lil Wessy.

Well if you can't I advise you to watch some other games.

We have a guy that has upgraded our running game BIG TIME and is pretty damn good in pass protection too. I'm loving the deal we got for lil Wessy.

I watch some of every game every week. Sunday Ticket rules.

Anyway, Welker's on pace for 1,000+ yards, 100+ catches, and 13 TD's. Those numbers can go head-to-head with anyone not named Moss, Randy. I'll even give you TJ Whosyomama and Braylon Edwards. Just because Welker dumped you doesn't mean the thought of him as an All-Pro is ludicrous, or even unreasonable.

I watch some of every game every week. Sunday Ticket rules.

Anyway, Welker's on pace for 1,000+ yards, 100+ catches, and 13 TD's. Those numbers can go head-to-head with anyone not named Moss, Randy. I'll even give you TJ Whosyomama and Braylon Edwards. Just because Welker dumped you doesn't mean the thought of him as an All-Pro is ludicrous, or even unreasonable.

Sunday Ticket does in fact rule, I second that notion.

How did Welker dump the Fins? Pretty sure Miami was the one that put a 2nd round tender on him. As you keep saying thanks for Welker, thanks for Satele.

"Of course, barring an unforeseen disaster, either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning will be my All-Pro quarterback in the end. But at midseason some positions aren't close to being set. Here's where I stand."

Why Manning? Brady's so far ahead of the pack that it's outrageous, but Roethlisnuts is quietly having a better season than Peyton Manning. So is Tony Romo.

"Asante Samuel (Pats) is the flashiest, and when I looked at the Giants-Dolphins game in London, Will Allen, Miami's left corner, was off the charts."

Will Allen, are you kidding me? That guy has been one of the consistently worst corners in the league for years. One of my friends, a Giants fan, THREW A PARTY when Will Allen was cut, he was so happy. The guy is complete garbage.

Last edited:
The two problems I have on his list:

Rashean Mathis is the best CB in the league right now. He should replace Allen, who's not even a top 25 guy. Very curious pick.

The Bills' Aaron Schobel is probably the best pass rushing DE in the league. Personally, I'd go with Schobel and Ty Warren at the position.

If you can't think of 5 receivers better then Wes Welker then you need to watch some more football.

Pick 5 better in the slot right now......................... Right, you can't. Go Away.

Are you saying Welker is better then Ronnie Brown?

Ronnie brown will never reach his potential playing in that dump of a organization, so this comparison can not be made. As of this year Welker is producing on a weekly basis while Brown is sitting on the bench because he is hurt, ill take the guy that contributes every week thanks!

The two problems I have on his list:

Rashean Mathis is the best CB in the league right now. He should replace Allen, who's not even a top 25 guy. Very curious pick.

The Bills' Aaron Schobel is probably the best pass rushing DE in the league. Personally, I'd go with Schobel and Ty Warren at the position.

The problem is that Dr. Z determines his All-Pros based on one game he saw. At the end of the year, when he picks them, he'll be like "The one Dolphins game I watched, <third string tackle> was absolutely dominant. He's an All-Pro in my book."

800 yards and 1 TD, harldy world beating.

Those stats in a dismal Miami offense are tremendous. 1TD isn't his fault.

Based upon the QB talent throwing to him, that's an MVP year in Miami.

Just think of the season we needed to have to get six or seven pro-bowlers.

Well at least in Dr. Z. opinion.

San Diego had what ...9?......11 last year? What a joke.

Just like the real world, the sportsworld embraces mediocrity and flash over smarts and hard work.

I think you're confusing the All Pro team with the Pro Bowl selections. San Diego did, in fact, have 9 Pro Bowl selections last season, but only 5 All Pro players (Tomlinson, Neal, Gates, Williams and Merriman). If you add in 2nd team All Pro's they had 6 (with Kaeding selected). I did a quick search for the most All Pro's on one team in a season but couldn't find that information...if anyone can find it I'd be interested to see the results.

I think it's reasonable to expect as many as 9 1st- and 2nd- team All Pros: Brady, Moss, Welker, Mankins, Koppen, Wilfork, Warren, Vrabel, Samuel. And who knows, maybe Seymour has a monster 2nd half of the year and sneaks in, or one of Colvin or AD picks it up. Remember, there's almost half a season left, and the Pats D tends to buckle down during the miserable, cold months of the football season.

Last edited:
Wes Welker won't make the All-Pro team, and might not even make it to the Pro Bowl, but he would deserve it. He is valuable both on offense and special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back