PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DMc = M.I.A. in the first two games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiral

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In Patriot Reign, Holley talks about a player evaluation meeting at the end of 2002. During the meeting Tom Dimitroff made a comment about the big plays that Lawyer Milloy made during the season, in which he made the Pro Bowl. "I can't think of any" said BB, and asked him to come up with some examples. There weren't any.

I understand that the season has barely started, but for a guy who's supposed to be the leader of the secondary, Devin McCourty has been nearly invisible. Outside of a picking up fumble that bounced out of a pile, he's done nothing. Two games, three tackles, zero impact. Steve Gregory has been more of a presence so far.

In Patriot Reign, Holley talks about a player evaluation meeting at the end of 2002. During the meeting Tom Dimitroff made a comment about the big plays that Lawyer Milloy made during the season, in which he made the Pro Bowl. "I can't think of any" said BB, and asked him to come up with some examples. There weren't any.

I understand that the season has barely started, but for a guy who's supposed to be the leader of the secondary, Devin McCourty has been nearly invisible. Outside of a picking up fumble that bounced out of a pile, he's done nothing. Two games, three tackles, zero impact. Steve Gregory has been more of a presence so far.

Hey, I distinctly remember him shading over late on coverage on some deep balls that luckily the receiver dropped. So what do you mean he's been invisible.;)

just kidding; I think you are being a bit harsh. He has actually been there in coverage. and he actually was in on a run blitz once too (which is not really his role) if i recall correctly. i think you are calling him out for not having major blow-up hits; but that isnt really his game IMO.

I guess being good in coverage doesn't mean anything anymore. :rolleyes:

I thought a safety being invisible was a good thing.

Molding your opinions through Michael Holley :bricks::bricks:

McCourty and Milloy play/ed different positions.

It's good not hearing his name. It's because he isn't allowing big plays!!!!

Steve Gregory is playing SS, which puts him up closer in run support. The best place for a FS is invisible, which means they aren't throwing in his area.

I swear this fan base has degenerated into a bunch of whining lunatics, starting with the "experts" who slobber stupidity all day long on dumb-f**# radio.

They are the #4 pass defense in the NFL right now, #2 in defensive passer rating, which is probably the best measure. McCourty is the captain of that unit.

After the Bills game Rotoworld had a snippet on the website saying the Bills gameplan involved avoiding McCourty and the Jets receivers are for the most part terrible so Safety help wasn't really needed too much.

tumblr_mnu1072ujA1s4xdz1o1_400.gif

The gameplan both of these games has been to sit back and let the rookie QBs try to make enough positive plays in a row to put up enough points to win, and neither QB did. As they start playing against guys that you can't sit back and watch self-destruct, McCourty will start getting a chance to make plays. Josh Freeman this weekend could be a good option.

lol.

10char

I swear this fan base has degenerated into a bunch of whining lunatics, starting with the "experts" who slobber stupidity all day long on dumb-f**# radio.

They are the #4 pass defense in the NFL right now, #2 in defensive passer rating, which is probably the best measure. McCourty is the captain of that unit.

bingo ... 10chars

Not a very well-conceived thread. To say the least.

Last year around this time people were upset that he was anything but invisible after the Ravens' loss. Now people are complaining that he is completely invisible. Make up your mind people!!!

Not a very well-conceived thread. To say the least.

I don't know, I kinda agree with him. I liked it when our free safeties were always on the screen. We should bring Ihedigbo back instead. That guy always stood out.

Despite the competition so far, the secondary has looked improved--and I'd have to believe that Devin McCourty is certainly a big part of that.

Steve Gregory is playing SS, which puts him up closer in run support. The best place for a FS is invisible, which means they aren't throwing in his area.

This about sums it up.

In Patriot Reign,
I understand that the season has barely started.......

Perhaps you should have stopped at that point?

He's playing center field, and now the defense has suddenly stopped giving up long passes. It's not a coincidence.

As much as I love Fantasy Football I hate Fantasy Football.

There was a train of thought a few years ago where people were positioning Revis as just a good Cornerback not a great Cornerback because opposing Quarterbacks weren't throwing at his opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes