PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did I really hear Collinsworth say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nummit

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
On Inside the NFL last night I swear I heard Collinsworth
say the Pats would probably go undefeated but would lose in their first playoff game.
Sounds like he is just trying to get Pats fans fired up

Last edited:
I think Chris is just trying to give us nightmares.

On Inside the NFL last night I swear I heard Collinsworth
say the Pats would probably go undefeated but would lose in their first playoff game.
Sounds like he is just trying to get Pats fans fired up

He probably thinks he's got the league under his control now and they will see to it the Patriots won't advance for further spygate punishment. He's already called for Belichicks suspenion going into the playoffs.

The more this guy says the less I like him, for some reason he speaks out of the side of his mouth...

He said he could see the Pats or Colts do that. I think he was speaking to how good he thinks Pittsburgh and Baltimore to steal one in the playoffs more than a swipe at the Pats or Colts.

He said he could see the Pats or Colts do that. I think he was speaking to how good he thinks Pittsburgh and Baltimore to steal one in the playoffs more than a swipe at the Pats or Colts.

I would disagree with that, everything Collinsworth says lately is a swipe at the Pats

I would disagree with that, everything Collinsworth says lately is a swipe at the Pats

Including "This is the best team I've ever seen?" Really?

The only thing I want to hear Collinsworth say is: "I am going to cut my tongue out."

Including "This is the best team I've ever seen?" Really?

Sorry Mr. Perfectionist I should have said almost everything he says is a swipe at the pats.
Better?

Pittsburgh, maybe. But I am so sick of the baltimore hype. They are not a good team and will not beat anyone in the playoffs....if they get there.

I agree, Baltimore is largely living off their reputation from last year and doesn't have the guns this year, in my humble (and not-too-well-informed) opinion.

Pittsburgh looks legitimately scary, though...at least on defense.

I saw him make the comment and him also make the comment that the Pats may be the best team he has ever seen. I think on this occassion you are reading too much into it. If it was a swipe at the Pats, why did he include the Colts in his comments? I think he really was propping up other teams in the AFC rather than taking a swipe at the final two undefeated teams.

You might not agree with him (I don't), but I don't think he was trashing the Patriots. Marino, on the other hand, was trashing the Pats when they talked about running up the score.

Collinsworth said either Pitt or SD would upset them not the Ravens

Collinsworth said either Pitt or SD would upset them not the Ravens

He didn't say any would upset them. He said he wouldn't be surprised if the Pats or Colts went 16-0 and lost in the first round. He didn't say it was what he was predicting. I did get the Baltimore part wrong though.

Sorry Mr. Perfectionist I should have said almost everything he says is a swipe at the pats.
Better?

Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

As to upsets, I'd say that Pittsburgh, maybe Jacksonville, San Diego, et. al. all could possibly upset the Pats or the Colts in a playoff game. Maybe 1 in 4 odds.

Last edited:
i so agree...the ravens SUCK, simply and purely...

i dont even see them as a contneder this yr...u have to able to pu up AT LEAST 30 points to beat us, and their defense has a better chance of scoring then their oofense...pitiful...

ravens are as good as the bengals are...

truly, im more worried about the last game of the yr against miami (especially if were undefeated)
then when we play baltimore

I'm surprised more of you didn't comment on what Marino said, he intimated we have had a history of running up score this season (not just last week) and it would catch up with us someday. Dan has a real hard time acknowledging the Patriots, no super bowl ring must really eat away at him.

Does anyone respect Marino anymore other than a Miami homer? He is completely eaten up by these guys beating his records and winning Super Bowls. Records, btw, that he got by staying on the field FAR past his usefulness.

Right after the game on Sunday Collinsworth was more complimentary toward the Pats than anybody I've heard to date.

Did anybody see that moment where he committed himself to saying that nobody could be the Pats because they were at *that* level above everybody else?

He may be a bit of a showman, but he knows how good the team is. And even if he doesn't like the team, personally, who cares? There have to be loyalties out there that blind people, and we know that this is taught to us from the office of the Presidency of the United States on down to local teachers and police. We see it all the time. It's wrong, but it's expected.

Collinsworth, as a few others, will scramble to get on the bandwagon where they either predict what they actually think is happening, or go down as the only guy to pick wrong. Nobody wants to pick wrong. They can wish all they want, but in the end they still want to be right and say, "I told you so." If there is no hope of that "I told you so" for a Pats loss then they'll want to grab it by predicting no loss. Guaranteed. It's just that some loyalties die a slower, more painful death than others.

Once they get the sniff that they are witnessing history, they'll all be on the band wagon. Some get the sniff faster than others. I think Chris has it, and I doubt that he'd predict a playoff loss. That I would have to see in print, and surrounded by double quotes.

I like CC. I think he is just doing his job of making the league look more interesting than it is. He also said that this is the best team he has ever seen and that they were only going to get better. I saw the show and got the idea that it was more of a what if on a fluke statement, than a prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST