PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensivley, Belichick was beaten at his own game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CHFF: Jets find Belichick defense the cure for what ails you

Hey upstater, u still have your pom poms?:DNobody is talking about getting rid of BB, just the coaching adjustments going into the second half!

Read the thread, you're wrong. BB can't coach, can't draft, can't do anything. Read the thread.

*sigh* Apologies in advance to those who say using the word "homer" implies laziness on the part of the poster (although when someone else uses the term "chicken little" that same logic somehow doesn't apply.) :rolleyes:

Realist: So how many SB rings have we won since 2004? We're closing in on a decade-long drought at this rate.

Homer: You ungrateful SOBs--we were this close in '06 and '07. Damn those meanies Eli and Peyton Manning. You're just a spoiled fan who probably only started watching the Pats after 2001.:snob: We don't need bandwagon fans like you.....David Tyree!!

Realist: BB's drafts have failed to replace the leaders, playmakers,and outright studs that we rode to 3 championships...

Homer: Realist, you ignorant sl#t! Have you not read the Pats' Mission
Statement? The Pats are built to be contenders every year. Year after year. Decade after decade.....Lombardis are simply gravy when you're built to win over the long term. And we are absolutely LOADED with future draft picks!!--(aaand yes, I've been saying the same thing for the last 3 years).:confused:

Realist: We now have a healthy Brady back from the 2008 debacle, Welker, DROY Mayo and Moss all healthy again, new blood in the trenches and on coaching staff, and yet we still don't seem to be moving in the right direction.

Homer: But this team is young! Give the young 'uns time to gel. Our 1st and 2nd year players are so AWESOME compared to every other team--they'll lead us to the promise land. Eventually. I think.
OK, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. :bricks:

Realist: BB is spread too thin. It's obvious that the coaching staff has
not been fully in sync the last 2 years. Maybe BB should delegate more and, you know, hire some above
average coordinators to help...

Homer: BB is GOD. (side note: I named my daughter "Belli").
How DARE any of you "laymen" question what BB does! BTW, how long did YOU been coaching an NFL team???
Grab the short bus back to your mommy's basement! :mad:

So you feel that the best way to discuss something is to have a conversation with a ficticious person who says what you want them too?
There must be something better you can do with your time.
Your argument doesnt improve by making up a stupid counter argument and pretending someone believes it.
Entertaining though that you insult yourself with your alter ego.

Get some rest, Sybil

Re: CHFF: Jets find Belichick Defense the cure for what ails you

Yep, this board is embarrassing, borderline unreadable. The Patriots are good and competitive while reloading. The young talent looks good and we have two 1s, two 2s, a 3 and two 4s next year. About 28 of 31 other fan bases would kill to be us right now.

Why is it unreadable?? There is a short window for dominance and it looks like it has passed. it's not just week 2 and I would love for things to change. But it's the same bad patterns from last year repeating themselves. Truth is the D has not been the same in a while.

By the time they reload will Brady still be here and playing at a high caliber?

Why is it unreadable??
To each his own. It's unreadable to me when one loss results in people almost calling for a new HC. If you like reading that idiocy, good for you.

So you feel that the best way to discuss something is to have a conversation with a ficticious person who says what you want them too?
There must be something better you can do with your time.
Your argument doesnt improve by making up a stupid counter argument and pretending someone believes it.
Entertaining though that you insult yourself with your alter ego.

Get some rest, Sybil

Keep those insults coming Andy when you have nothing else. You're kind of funny when you're grumpy.

Keep those insults coming Andy when you have nothing else. You're kind of funny when you're grumpy.
Dude, you just argued what you think vs a made up counter argument.
What could be more bizarre?
Do you have any comment on the topic, or do you want to share more conversations with yourself?

Andy, believe me, there is nothing more bizarre than the way you maniacally defend the Pats.

This article is articulating what some posters on here have been saying for quite a while. It's interesting that more and more people outside and inside of New England have been picking up on it and it's gaining momentum. Sooner or later, our offense is gonna crap the bed and if we are still employing the same defensive philosphies, then it might become really ugly.

Andy, believe me, there is nothing more bizarre than the way you maniacally defend the Pats.
How is it bizarre to point out that an article that says BBs defense has been terrible since 2005, apparently overlooks the fact that in the very span it listed, the defense allowed the 2nd fewest points in the entire NFL?
The article is a piece of crap. If you cant see that you just are looking for a target for your poor hurt feelings that your favorite team lost a football game.
Do you think that from 2006-2009, the Patriot defense 'didnt even show up half the time' and 'not only couldnt make any big plays it couldnt make any little ones either"?

This article is articulating what some posters on here have been saying for quite a while. It's interesting that more and more people outside and inside of New England have been picking up on it and it's gaining momentum. Sooner or later, our offense is gonna crap the bed and if we are still employing the same defensive philosphies, then it might become really ugly.
Yes I think that more and more people should stand up and shout that allowing the 2nd fewest points in the NFL the last 4 years is a disgrace, and those 15 more points they allowed in 4 years more than the one and only team that outperformed them should be listed on the pettion to get that lam-o Belichick fired.
Yes, we need more thinking like that.

Someone is coming fairly close :

When I say yet I mean a few years down the road,not like tomorrow:rolleyes:,He will probably retire within the next 4 years anyway,he's been doing it for a long time and has nothing else to prove and we all know he is in good shape financially.

Bill Walsh knew when it was time to step down,the same here with Bill

Yes I think that more and more people should stand up and shout that allowing the 2nd fewest points in the NFL the last 4 years is a disgrace, and those 15 more points they allowed in 4 years more than the one and only team that outperformed them should be listed on the pettion to get that lam-o Belichick fired.
Yes, we need more thinking like that.

And we need more thinking like proclaiming a team will have the worst offense in the NFL after seeing them play against a defense that everyone knows will be top notch....brilliant

You also need to stop living in the past,the Pats have already given up 52 points in 2 games and have not won a meaningful road game since Lincoln was president.....They have a lot to improve on..this weeks game means nothing as it's the probable 1-15 Bills which should be an easy win so the time to show some Balls and keep points down will be in 2 weeks

Last edited:

Pretty humbling especially given how that site often shows a lot of stats that put the Pats in a positive light.

And we need more thinking like proclaiming a team will have the worst offense in the NFL after seeing them play against a defense that everyone knows will be top notch....brilliant
If you are going to try to rip me at least get it right.
I said, throughout the off-season, throughout the preseason that the Jets may have the worst offense in the NFL, on the merits of the moves they made in the off-season, the roster, and their pre-season play.
I RESTATED IT after that game. The thread was title "Ive been saying it for a month". Can't you come up with a better way to try to insult me that to blatantly misrepresent the facts of what I said.
Further, I did not proclaim that they have the worst offense in the NFL, I suggested that they MAY be the worst offense in the NFL. Time will tell if I am right, wrong, close or way off.

Please explain to me how that is akin to calling the defense that allowed second fewest points over the 4 year period the article specifically cited one that 'doesnt show up half the time' and 'not only doesnt make big plays it doesnt make small ones either'?
Fire away, I cant wait for this explanation.

You also need to stop living in the past,the Pats have already given up 52 points in 2 games and have not won a meaningful road game since Lincoln was president.
So you agree with an article that says the defense that allowed the second fewest points in the NFL for the last 4 years, less than 1/4 point per game from the best, totally has sucked because they allowed 52 points (21 of which were after the game was out of hand) in 2 games. Lets see? 64 or 2? Which is a better sample?
I don't think Lincoln was President when they won every road game in 2007, or a bunch with Matt Cassel at QB in 2008. I guess the ones they won last year werent meaningful because we won the division by 1 game??

....They have a lot to improve on
They most certainly do.

this weeks game means nothing as it's the probable 1-15 Bills which should be an easy win so the time to show some Balls and keep points down will be in 2 weeks
No this weeks game counts as much as the other 15. In fact that one game division lead we had last year was partly because we swept the Bills and the Jets didnt.

I don't think its about balls, but then you think that fans care about winning and players dont. Given that, why would anyone show any balls?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ive noticed that the fans :rolleyes: who make the most Negative Noise here have join dates like '08 '09 '10. I think a lot of people left after the SB loss only to be replace by whiny loud mouths that b!tch and complain constantly.

Last edited:

Ive noticed that the fans :rolleyes: that make the most Negative Noise here have join dates like '08 '09 '10. I think a lot of people left after the SB loss only to be replace by whiny loud mouths that b!tch and complain constantly.
I can understand the frustration over inflated expectations.
I cannot understand a so-called fan trashing what this organization has done the last 10 years.
Maybe I'm crazy but I am so appreciative of what BB has done for this franchise that it pisses me off when some bozo writer rips him unappropriately. Some 'fans' apparently like to join in and rip or mock him

The real thing about people demanding for BB's head is they need to ask them selves who'd they would rather have. There aren't many coaches out there I'd rather take, and that has nothing to do with my bias for BB. There just aren't that many great coaches out there.

The real thing about people demanding for BB's head is they need to ask them selves who'd they would rather have. There aren't many coaches out there I'd rather take, and that has nothing to do with my bias for BB. There just aren't that many great coaches out there.
Who has done better in what frame of time?

Not saying I want BB out, but who wouldn't agree Bill Cowher would be a good replacement if BB got the axe? That is, if he'd come back to football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes