PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensivley, Belichick was beaten at his own game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CHFF: Jets find Belichick defense the cure for what ails you

Nice bump! :D

Captain Stone was online as recently as 27-12 - hasn't posted in the last feweeks - can't think why that would be ;)

Phoenix111 - - folks, all you need to do is go to his/her posting history and read just a few pages to know what this person is. Just a few "greatest hits":

Dec 26, 2010:
---------------

"Welker is officially garbage"

"The Patriots better get healthy soon because they might need some starters back next week " (Edit: Why, genius?)

Dec 19, 2010:
--------------

"Let's.go Jets, hopefully they win the division, at least they deserve it. I can't believe how gutless the Pats are"

"I hope the Pats get crushed now, they deserve it and need a wake-up call in a major way"

Dec 11, 2010:
-------------

"So do we think this is the end of the road for Spikes in New England?"

"Here's to hoping that he will no longer be our problem and the team cuts him altogether before next week. The Spikes experiment was a good one, but it's over. Eye gouging at Florida, sex video on the internet and now this. It's a failed drug test regardless, but if it is PEDs other than sudafed or the like, as is now reported, then who says he can even be effective without them. Could be the next Merriman= awful without the "assistance."

Nov. 25, 2010
-------------

"14-3 says hello. This team does not deserve the division right now"

Nov. 14, 2010:
-------------

(First half Lions game) "14-3 says hello. This team does not deserve the division right now"

(And then, because I have no more time to devote to this now and it is an appropriate ending point for him regarding gasmeday threads):
Nov. 9 ,2010:
----------

"I'm sure no one wants to here from me, seeing as I was one of the posters called out in the thread that was deleted, but I'm going to throw out my opinion anyway. I can't speak for everyone, but I think most of us get very emotionally vested in the games. Have I said some ridiculous, and probably even regrettable things on here during gameday? Hell yes. I think some of the problem comes from the fact that if you do not watch the games with other Pats fans you like the board to see what everyone else thinks. Some just have more knee jerk reactions than others.

Again, I won't speak for all of the people called out for what they posted, but after the fact it was.definitely apparent to me that blurting (or typing) out emotional thoughts does drag some people down, and that is never my intent. I personally, am going to make a serious effort to hold back on derogatory rants aimed at pats plays that I am displeased with going forward. I will agree with one poster above in that it could be worse because I have still not seen anyone root for death or injury.

Anyway, the point of all this rambling is that 1) as one of the more egregious offenders from last week, I'm going to hold my tongue, or fingers, as best I can. Afterall, the gamethreads are enjoyable, especially for those of us that live out of the area and far away from other pats fans. And 2) If there are still problems in the gamethread, maybe we can have two of them, with the second one being for those more....uh...colorful posters."

Last edited:

Nice bump! :D

Captain Stone was online as recently as 27-12 - hasn't posted in the last feweeks - can't think why that would be ;)

I think we will need to put captain stone and Hey Bro! on suicide watch if they win they win the Super Bowl.

It amazes me that "fans" can possibly expound stupid things to put their team in the worst possible light.

Two threads have now been merged - - one necrothread per day, folks.

Two threads have now been merged - - one necrothread per day, folks.
I was looking for a p111 post inwhich he says that he just can't take losing, the team Has to win all the time. While i haven't found it yet i did find this gem.

"I am really starting to loathe tom Brady. He is below average at this point, Dink and dunk with no deep ball. Maybe its the.injury, maybe not. But he always starts yelling at the rest of the offense despite the fact that its him who can't execute like a professional quarterback".

Hes a treasure trove, almost every post is outrageously over the top negative.

Last edited:
I was looking for a p111 post inwhich he says that he just can't take losing, the team Has to win all the time. While i haven't found it yet i did find this gem.

"I am really starting to loathe tom Brady. He is below average at this point, Dink and dunk with no deep ball. Maybe its the.injury, maybe not. But he always starts yelling at the rest of the offense despite the fact that its him who can't execute like a professional quarterback".

Hes a treasure trove, almost every post is outrageously over the top negative.

He/she is a classic, alright.

There should be a super-mega thread called the epic bumps of 2010/2011. There would be a **** load of material one would think.

All these old threads keep throwing me off. I look at the subject lines and think "HUH? What are these people smoking?" Some have links and only then I notice the dates on them. Sheesh!

Perhaps we should call them the Crow threads...Bon Appetit! :D

So, I started this thread. I'm not sure why I have to "eat crow." I seriously don't understand what was so negative about my post. The Patriots did lose to the Jets in wk 2. They were too conservative by my eye. I don't know why this is interpreted as a commentary on the entire season - I even wrote "for the purposes of this game." I went on to say, "Not the end of the season. I doubt it happens in the rematch." WTF?

I also don't understand why my post is being lumped in with a ton of other generalizations that lacked credibility: like how Belichick is "burnt out" or "taking on too much" or "playing for next year" or whatever. My post was pretty simple. Bill gameplanned to stop the run, the Jets came out and threw the ball. They lost. I'd also point out that one of the reasons I was disappointed was because I liked how the D played in wk 1 vs Cincy. Also, I compared it to two gameplans from the 16-0 year in 2007. That's is a far cry from the people who thought that the Patriots had totally changed or whatever.

I'd also point out that I argued against the haters in the thread, who made vague generalizations about how Bill had "lost it" for whatever reason: "This is exactly what I'm arguing against." I argued against those people.

I don't see anything in my posts about how the "sky was falling" or whatever. This is nonsense, why is my thread being bumped for mockery?

Last edited:
of course Butler is still . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill