PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensivley, Belichick was beaten at his own game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CHFF: Jets find Belichick defense the cure for what ails you

Getting rid of Asante Samuel and replacing him hasnt been easy.

Hell I even miss Randall Gay.....that's how bad this secondary appears

Hell I even miss Randall Gay.....that's how bad this secondary appears

Jimmy Hitch**** would bring it every time...even though Keyshawn would own him from time to time.

Re: CHFF: Jets find Belichick Defense the cure for what ails you

you are the poster boy for the spoiled Pats fan
Yep, this board is embarrassing, borderline unreadable. The Patriots are good and competitive while reloading. The young talent looks good and we have two 1s, two 2s, a 3 and two 4s next year. About 28 of 31 other fan bases would kill to be us right now.

Problem is with those picks they usually turn out bad!!!Quit talking about draft picks.I am not seeing the potential of Butler.Dont get me started on Wheatley as well.Shawn Crable?Chad Jackson?This team needs to scout players much better!!

I'm convinced some of you are still in your teens. There is no f'ing way you became Patriot fans before the last decade.

Absolutely impossible.

I've been watching the Pats since Chuck Fairbanks was HC.

And if there is anything in my post or the CHFF link with which you disagree, then state it. Otherwise, this isn't the Guess Your Age tent at HersheyPark.

Problem is with those picks they usually turn out bad!!!Quit talking about draft picks.I am not seeing the potential of Butler.Dont get me started on Wheatley as well.Shawn Crable?Chad Jackson?This team needs to scout players much better!!
Root for a team that's run differently then. Stick with the Patriots if you like but if you don't like teams accumulating picks you're bound to frustration because that's what we do. For every Crable, though, there's a Hernandez. For every Jackson there's a Mayo. And on and on. The talent is building and it will show. The injury to Bodden was a shame, he was the glue to the young CB group. I guess that's Belichick's fault too.

And if there is anything in my post or the CHFF link with which you disagree, then state it. Otherwise, this isn't the Guess Your Age tent at HersheyPark.

chuck fairbanks ? ohhh. don't. you're an overreactionary and any blind person can see it. just settle down and take a chill. i hope your mom holds your hand when it rains.

Listen i am still confident that this team will turn it around.I am excited for the games ahead particularly with the dolphins, ravens and chargers.:cool:

The defense is young and will have it's ups and downs.....

The offense has to perform much better than scoring 14 points....

Second half adjustments seem non-existant...

I'll give them until November before I panic.....

Harsh article. Some truth to it, but BB's defenses have not been THAT bad the last 5 years.

Remember that we are playing with a LOT of young players on defense. There are going to be some bumps in the road.

The article is a joke.
The defense that 'doesnt show up half the time' since 2005 has ranked 2nd, 4th, 8th and 5th in points allowed in those seasons that it didnt show up half the time.

Of course during that time it has been 'incapable of making a big play or even a small one since it last won a SB.

Would you like to know where those defenses ranked for the entire 4 years they 'didnt show up half the time' and were 'incapable of making big plays or even small plays"

In those 4 years, the incompetant Mr Belichicks defenses allowed the 2nd fewest points in the NFL, 15 more than the Ravens, or less than 0.25 ppg from the best in the entire NFL for the 4 years it supposedly sucked.

Out of the other 31 teams, 20 did not allow fewer points that the Patriots in ANY single one of those 4 years, 7 more only did so once, and the remaining 4 allowed fewer twice and more twice. Not one team has allowed fewer points than the Patriots in more of those 4 years than not.

Yeah, I disagree with something in the article, its basic premise.

If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Harsh article. Some truth to it, but BB's defenses have not been THAT bad the last 5 years.

Remember that we are playing with a LOT of young players on defense. There are going to be some bumps in the road.
See my last post, they have in fact been just the opposite.

Oh yeah, during those 4 years the Patriots were 49-15, 2nd best in the NFL, 2 games behind the 51-13 Colts, with the difference attributable to the 10-5 record without Brady, meaning the Pats were 39-10 (.7959) without their QB injured vs the Colts .7969 best.

Gee, its so nice that we aren't ready to fire him......yet

This board needs to get a grip/

If you are referring to me,I bet you are wrong...I was there in 1990 and proudly displayed my gear of a team that was considered worse team of all times....yeah,I was there

Probably older than you too.

Belichick is certainly a HOF coach and one of the best football minds of all time,but his past reputation is not a guarantee for success going forward into this decade

1976 here.

Yeah let's fire Belichick

Idiots

Last edited:

Let's fire Belichick!

Last edited:

*sigh* Apologies in advance to those who say using the word "homer" implies laziness on the part of the poster (although when someone else uses the term "chicken little" that same logic somehow doesn't apply.) :rolleyes:

Realist: So how many SB rings have we won since 2004? We're closing in on a decade-long drought at this rate.

Homer: You ungrateful SOBs--we were this close in '06 and '07. Damn those meanies Eli and Peyton Manning. You're just a spoiled fan who probably only started watching the Pats after 2001.:snob: We don't need bandwagon fans like you.....David Tyree!!

Realist: BB's drafts have failed to replace the leaders, playmakers,and outright studs that we rode to 3 championships...

Homer: Realist, you ignorant sl#t! Have you not read the Pats' Mission
Statement? The Pats are built to be contenders every year. Year after year. Decade after decade.....Lombardis are simply gravy when you're built to win over the long term. And we are absolutely LOADED with future draft picks!!--(aaand yes, I've been saying the same thing for the last 3 years).:confused:

Realist: We now have a healthy Brady back from the 2008 debacle, Welker, DROY Mayo and Moss all healthy again, new blood in the trenches and on coaching staff, and yet we still don't seem to be moving in the right direction.

Homer: But this team is young! Give the young 'uns time to gel. Our 1st and 2nd year players are so AWESOME compared to every other team--they'll lead us to the promise land. Eventually. I think.
OK, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. :bricks:

Realist: BB is spread too thin. It's obvious that the coaching staff has
not been fully in sync the last 2 years. Maybe BB should delegate more and, you know, hire some above
average
coordinators to help...

Homer: BB is GOD. (side note: I named my daughter "Belli").
How DARE any of you "laymen" question what BB does! BTW, how long did YOU been coaching an NFL team???
Grab the short bus back to your mommy's basement! :mad:

Last edited:

How good was Asante after his 18th game?
How good was Bruschi? Vrabel? Rodney Harrison?
How good was Willie McGinest?
How many years did it take for these guys to be ANY good whatsoever??
Hell, Troy Brown was cut a few times!!!!!!!!!

Hey upstater, u still have your pom poms?:DNobody is talking about getting rid of BB, just the coaching adjustments going into the second half!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back