PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler looks like crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last two pages of this thread are lauding Stokley for apparently being "coached" beforehand to run across the endzone line to kill time. I highly doubt they ever went over this in meetings or practice, Belichick doesn't even do stuff like this. Stokley simply made a heads up play on his own. Stokley, by the way, plays for the Broncos, not the Bears or Packers which is the current game going on with Cutler.

Then, before this sidetrack on the past two pages, I quoted a post where Rob posts an article specifically supporting McDaniels' decision to get rid of Cutler.

This thread is a thinly veiled attempt at more McDaniels ball washing.

Seriously, just become Broncos fans already, it's amazing how much some stat whores still love a guy who doesn't even coach here anymore.

Last edited:
I did not mean to imply that Belichick tells his players to pay no attention to the clock or situation when I said he probably doesn't drill his backs on wasting time on breakaway play late in the 4th.

Pretty sure that was Brian Westbrook against Dallas in December 2007. What game did Kevin Faulk do this in?

Westbrook did do it, too. But I thought Faulk did it, but I could be imagining things.

should be titled "Lovie kind of looks like crap"

Well, I could start another thread for that. What a stupid call on 4th and 11 on your side of the field in a close game. If the Packers actually had 12 men on the field, they shouldn't have turned over the play because there should be a monumentally stupid decision exemption to the replay rule.

Westbrook did do it, too. But I thought Faulk did it, but I could be imagining things.

I think he did too but I don't have a clear recollection of the game like I do with Westbrook.

Dude, even the referee was even laughing after that play.

The last two pages of this thread are lauding Stokley for apparently being "coached" beforehand to run across the endzone line to kill time. I highly doubt they ever went over this in meetings or practice, Belichick doesn't even do stuff like this. Stokley simply made a heads up play on his own.

Then, before this sidetrack on the past two pages, I quoted a post where Rob posts an article specifically supporting McDaniels' decision to get rid of Cutler.

This thread is a thinly veiled attempt at more McDaniels ball washing.

Seriously, just become Broncos fans already, it's amazing how much some stat whores still love a guy who doesn't even coach here anymore.

And it's amazing how much you continue to hate on him. What if I told you that your posts are a thinly veiled attempt to blame McDaniels for the Super Bowl loss? That's your speciality, isn't it?

:spygate:

This thread is about Cutler looking like crap, which is why it's titled, "Cutler looks like crap". And he DOES look like crap. Three picks to one TD. He has played better in the second half though, so should we change the title to, "Cutler kind of looks like crap"?

If it really were just a discussion of a game going on, then why did the OP then cite an article supporting McDaniels jettison of Cutler, THEN start a discussion about Stokley's heads up play on the Broncos? The game right now is Bears-Packers, yet the OP is here talking about the Broncos' coaching on that last play.

There are other threads discussing the game right now. The fact there was a different thread on this, followed by more fellating McDaniels' balls, shows the true intent/motivation of this thread.

Last edited:
should be titled "Lovie kind of looks like crap"

Actually.. correction here... it looks like it was Mannelly who took it upon himself to snap prematurely to try to get the "too many men" penalty..

So unless Culter pulls something out, it'll be "Mannelly looks like crap"

And it's amazing how much you continue to hate on him. What if I told you that your posts are a thinly veiled attempt to blame McDaniels for the Super Bowl loss? That's your speciality, isn't it?

:spygate:
You know, I just had to check to see if the server has wiped out my "ignore" list, now you abuse us by quoting the ___________.

Actually.. correction here... it looks like it was Mannelly who took it upon himself to snap prematurely to try to get the "too many men" penalty..

So unless Culter pulls something out, it'll be "Mannelly looks like crap"

It looked to designed to be as you say, IMHO. A five yard penalty wouldn't accomplish much anyway since it was 4th and 11.

It looked to designed to be as you say, IMHO. A five yard penalty wouldn't accomplish much anyway since it was 4th and 11.

And, as any reasonably well-educated fan should know, neither 12 men on the field nor offsides results in an automatic first down. . . .

That's where the fake come in - worst case scenario, you don't make it, but there's a penalty so you just kick it. Best case scenario, you get a first down.

That's where the fake come in - worst case scenario, you don't make it, but there's a penalty so you just kick it. Best case scenario, you get a first down.

Or you don't make it and there is no penalty actually committed and you give your opponent at least 3 points because you give them the ball in field goal range. Sorta like what actually happened.

If you do something like this, you gotta know that there is actually 12 men on the field and there won't be 11 by the time you snap the ball.

Last edited:
If it really were just a discussion of a game going on, then why did the OP then cite an article supporting McDaniels jettison of Cutler, THEN start a discussion about Stokley's heads up play on the Broncos? The game right now is Bears-Packers, yet the OP is here talking about the Broncos' coaching on that last play.

There are other threads discussing the game right now. The fact there was a different thread on this, followed by more fellating McDaniels' balls, shows the true intent/motivation of this thread.

Because, right now, the jettison of Cutler from the Broncos looks like a very smart idea because Cutler looks like crap. Now, with that said, take a look up at the thread title.

I will say that I agree with you about Stokley. That was just a smart play by him and I highly doubt that it had anything to do with McDaniels. However, those are separate posters starting that talk. That is hardly what the thread is about.

Lovie Smith is one horrid coach. i dont remember the last time ive seen a game coached so poorly........ actually the last one was the Superbowl where Lovie handed a ring to Dungy by playing scared.

Someone. please try your hardest and explain to me why kicking the extra point earlier instead of going for 2 was a wise decision.

i cant believe this moron has a job like this. he should be working at a waffle house cleaning up piss stains.

Now we have blatent phantom illegal contact calls...Cutler still getting the 12th man assist.

Lovie Smith is one horrid coach. i dont remember the last time ive seen a game coached so poorly........ actually the last one was the Superbowl where Lovie handed a ring to Dungy by playing scared.

Someone. please try your hardest and explain to me why kicking the extra point earlier instead of going for 2 was a wise decision.

i cant believe this moron has a job like this. he should be working at a waffle house cleaning up piss stains.

I'm not going to say it was a brilliant decision, but the old saying is "Kick early, go for it late."

Here, if they go for it, it's a 50-50 shot that they end up tied . . . or down 2, which would mean they'd be down two scores if the Packers scored a TD.

I will say that I agree with you about Stokley. That was just a smart play by him and I highly doubt that it had anything to do with McDaniels. However, those are separate posters starting that talk. That is hardly what the thread is about.

Go back and read the thread history, I just did. I stand corrected, it wasn't just the previous two pages, but the previous 6+ pages that immediately started referencing Stokley's 'heads up' play on the Broncos (nothing to do with the game/thread at hand), intermixed with multiple posts about how the Broncos got the better end of the deal. If you didn't know better, you'd swear they were Broncos fans gleeful over how bad Cutler was doing.

So... in an 8 page thread, only a tenth of the actual discussion is about Cutler's horrible game, the rest are all not-even-subtle posts trying to praise McDaniels some more.

It remains to be seen how Cutler will do this year. Denver did get the better deal simply because they got so many picks in the trade, but if Cutler performs poorly for the entire season, it will be because of his receiving core. There isn't even an average-level WR on that team right now. I'm also not sure how being gleeful over how horrible Cutler is right now, makes Orton's multiple throws today into triple/quadruple coverage any better.

And, as any reasonably well-educated fan should know, neither 12 men on the field nor offsides results in an automatic first down. . . .

Hence the new title of this thread: "Mannelly looks like crap" :attention:

Ok. It's too early in the game to give away points. For example, at the time it was 10-8, if green bay kicks two field goals it's 16-8, and you wish you had gone for 1 if you didn't make the 2. If it's 10-2 and 5 minutes left, then you go for 2. Obviously 17-8 is an even worse situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back