PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler looks like crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
For at least a week, McDaniels is going to look like a smart man.

If the 2 gets taken to the house, then the bears would only need a FG to win, so there is a downside.

Can't happen.

Neither an XP nor a 2PA can be returned for a score; if they fail, it's simply no points for the O.

Chicago receivers are neat.

Oh look a football!
*Falls down for no reason at all*

Good job Jay! I guess Cutler is trying a new way to shoot his way out of town. In Denver he cried like a baby to the media. In Chicago, he is going to just give away games until the fans run his arse out on a rail.

When you are an ill-prepared, dumb, inaccurate QB like Cutler, you become very mortal when you don't have elite WRs to bail you out.

Gonna be tough next week. Not sure I can root for Ben...

Although I hate Cutler for his diva act, I will root for him against the Steelers. The Steelers are a team that is arguably the biggest threat for the Pats for the AFC crown.

I can't wait for the postgame presser. :rofl:
From what i understand when you get Jay you get his parents also, so at the press conferance you could have this:

Reporter. Jay what happened out ther tonight.

Jay, My mom told me not to talk to strangers.

I wonder what Cutler's DVOA was for this game. I'm sure it was phenomenal! :rolleyes:

Gonna be tough next week. Not sure I can root for Ben...
I'm sure Ben can rack up 10 sacks and 5 interceptions, I'll be rooting for Jay to keep it close in that regard. :D

Go back and read the thread history, I just did. I stand corrected, it wasn't just the previous two pages, but the previous 6+ pages that immediately started referencing Stokley's 'heads up' play on the Broncos (nothing to do with the game/thread at hand), intermixed with multiple posts about how the Broncos got the better end of the deal. If you didn't know better, you'd swear they were Broncos fans gleeful over how bad Cutler was doing.

So... in an 8 page thread, only a tenth of the actual discussion is about Cutler's horrible game, the rest are all not-even-subtle posts trying to praise McDaniels some more.

It remains to be seen how Cutler will do this year. Denver did get the better deal simply because they got so many picks in the trade, but if Cutler performs poorly for the entire season, it will be because of his receiving core. There isn't even an average-level WR on that team right now. I'm also not sure how being gleeful over how horrible Cutler is right now, makes Orton's multiple throws today into triple/quadruple coverage any better.

Like I said before, the Stokley reference was just a few posters and I agree with you there. I'm not sure why McDaniels was given credit for that here.

But the Broncos did get the better end of the deal. And, unlike Stokley, you'd HAVE to expect this to come up. There was so much controversy about it in the offseason that, regardless of who the coach was, the conversation would have come up. Your problem is that you think that saying "Cutler sucks" is the same as "McDaniels is a genius". This is because you hate McDaniels so much. Cutler does not suck and McDaniels is not a genius. McDaniels HAD to get rid of Cutler because Cutler was making too big of a stink about the attempted Cassel trade. McDaniels decided that Cutler wasn't worth the headaches and got two first round picks out of him. As of right now, it looks like Denver did the smart thing.

And I love the way you try to cover your back there at the end: "but if Cutler performs poorly for the entire season, it will be because of his receiving core." Really? Because I saw Hester and the other WR (can't remember his name right now) make some pretty good catches downfield. That rookie that they got with the Denver pick looked pretty good on the one catch he had. As it stands now, Cutler threw 4 INTs, one of which went DIRECTLY to Al Harris to end the game. Cutler SHOULD have thrown 7 INTs tonight. However, out of the INTs he did throw, only one of them can be blamed on miscommunication between him and the WR.

Cutler sucks and Denver/McDaniels made a good decision to get rid of him.

Well he didn't quite get to the 5 interceptions I was hoping for, he certainly did give it a valiant effort though. Congrats on the personal INT. record though. :rocker:

:rofl:

Last edited:
I wonder what Cutler's DVOA was for this game. I'm sure it was phenomenal! :rolleyes:

LOL! Well, he was elite in the DVOA last year with the 11th best DVOA for QBs in the league. So tonight shoudn't be that far off his elite status.

Although I hate Cutler for his diva act, I will root for him against the Steelers. The Steelers are a team that is arguably the biggest threat for the Pats for the AFC crown.

Really? I was pretty sure that was the Jets. :rofl:

Really? I was pretty sure that was the Jets. :rofl:

Well, the Jets already locked up the conference. The Pats and Steelers are fighting for the Miss Congeniality of the AFC.

LOL! Well, he was elite in the DVOA last year with the 11th best DVOA for QBs in the league. So tonight shoudn't be that far off his elite status.

Elite QB that is inaccurate and anything but clutch. I thought his December stats that I provided in the previous thread proved the latter, but...after all it was the defenses fault he only threw 4 TD's to 5 int in the last 3 games of last year.

And drumroll please...tonight's failures lay at the feet of the receivers...I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Well, the Jets already locked up the conference. The Pats and Steelers are fighting for the Miss Congeniality of the AFC.

I'm not sure why defenses are even going to bother to take the field this year. Just like Franchez and his offense go out there and throw lobs all day. I mean, defense or no defense, Sanchez is going to pass for 600 yards and 17 TDs per game anyway, so why even try? Just hand them the Lombardi trophy already.

Sanchez is going to pass for 600 yards and 17 TDs per game anyway, so why even try? Just hand them the Lombardi trophy already.

He sure acted like he did today just that today. Running around and whooping it up after the game, hogging the game ball. I understand he had to give it up to Ryan because he wanted to give it to Woody as a sign of respect for giving him the opp. to HC.

He sure acted like he did today just that today. Running around and whooping it up after the game, hogging the game ball. I understand he had to give it up to Ryan because he wanted to give it to Woody as a sign of respect for giving him the opp. to HC.

Actually, he had to give it to Ryan because Tubby Wrecks had to go three hours without eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News