PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Jarvis Green be moving to linebacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
patsox23 said:
Dude, the fact that OUT OF NECESSITY the Patriots were forced to play Jarvis at OLB has absolutely no bearing on anything. Just let it go. It's not going to happen. Not the worst thing in the world, and I'm sorry if I was too harsh, but your point is off-base and reenforced by simplistic thinking.
So no you don't think it is possible. Thank you. It took you 3 posts to say this Margarita Boy. You didn't even understand my question until your third post. Instead of trying to sound smart, you should have just answered the question because you did not make much sense.

By the way, the last sentence in your last post is filled with irony. Funny you should say that.

Keegs said:
So no you don't think it is possible. Thank you. It took you 3 posts to say this Margarita Boy. You didn't even understand my question until your third post. Instead of trying to sound smart, you should have just answered the question because you did not make much sense.

By the way, the last sentence in your last post is filled with irony. Funny you should say that.

Keegs, I'll say this for your question. I think it's a little far fetched for Jarvis to play OLB. But it's better than saying Klecko is a full time FB. And there are waaay too many people on this site who have illuded to that. So you certainly don't deserve this bashing and name calling.

Given the fun had by all in digging up the Caldwell vs. Givens thread (which fooled me into thinking it was a relatively new thread because I'm too stupid or lazy to read the dates of every thread)... here's one Keegs may remember fondly, and, given our depth at LB, might actually be relevant now

GEEZ, we've been "grooming" TBC for what four years now, let's let the guy have "his shot".

I like Green, but his role is to spell Seymour and Warren, and replace Wilfork on passing downs, and he plays this role very well. If you move him to LB, who does this?

Don't forget about Izzo, he is a more than servicable MLB, and playing him, doesn't hurt any other part of the D.

Hey Joe if you want to dig up old threads, I wrote about a year ago that our RB of the future was currently running amuck in Minnesota and was soundly mocked for it!

Hey Joe if you want to dig up old threads, I wrote about a year ago that our RB of the future was currently running amuck in Minnesota and was soundly mocked for it!

That sounds like one worth digging up - nicely done!

As far as Green I think its more about depth than anything else - but I note that everyone in this thread looks at him more as an OLB if indeed he were asked to play a role at LB.

That would seem to defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? As we want to keep Vrabel at the outside, so the depth we seek should really be at ILB.

Given Green's week 4 performance I think he might do ok in such a role - if we absolutely needed him - but I'm not advocating for it - just looking at what our alternatives are if we do need to tap into added depth.

Hopefully TBC does grab the baton and go far with it - this is a great chance for him.

I CANNOT BELIEVE this idea is being brought up again. Keegs outdid himself with this clueless nonsense months ago. Jarvis Green is not even CLOSE to capable of playing LB. EVER. It's an absurd idea. Let's play Gostkowski at safety! Wheeee!!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE this idea is being brought up again. Keegs outdid himself with this clueless nonsense months ago. Jarvis Green is not even CLOSE to capable of playing LB. EVER. It's an absurd idea. Let's play Gostkowski at safety! Wheeee!!!!
Well...Gostkowski IS big.

Regards,
Chris (ducking)

How 'bout we trade for Klecko back again and put him at MLB?

hes too big and not fast enough for LB imo. like saying move Warren to LB..

Really this idea was ridiculus to start with...Mike Wright is much faster in the open field. :p

hes too big and not fast enough for LB imo. like saying move Warren to LB..

I was really just having some fun by revisiting this old thread that gave patsox and others so much joy the first time around... and having some fun to see whether others, like me, might not commonly read every page and every post of a thread thereby realizing it was a thread from pre-season.

But to your point - Jarvis is bigger than a typical LB, no doubt, but I don't see how anyone can look at him and just compare his speed to Vince Wilfork because he backs up him and Seymour.

He certainly looked pretty fast against the Jets when he had 3 sacks in a game.

and just when i thought you were done crying.

After watching Mike Wright make that TD saving tackle a few weeks ago I did some research. Ah if Wright was about 30 lbs lighter and I would imagine had better lateral movement what a monster "Mike" LB he would be.

He was injured alot in college...I wonder if he is faster than 4.8 now? Anyways...kind of off track...mostly just mentioning it because what small differences in size could have meant for some NFL fringe and 2nd string players.

These were Wright's pro day numbers:

http://cincinnati.scout.com/2/360110.html

Bringing up this old post because it is a definite possibility with Colvin gone....In fact its a decent shot even though Green would make a pretty good sized LB but I don't know if speed would be a problem factor.

Bringing up this old post because it is a definite possibility with Colvin gone....In fact its a decent shot even though Green would make a pretty good sized LB but I don't know if speed would be a problem factor.

no way is it a possibility. the team was high on Woods in camp, Seau is now a starter

Green is 285 pounds and no way is he fast or quick enough to play LB

we have much better options than to teach a 28 year old to play LB when hes a valuable part of our DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference