PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Jarvis Green be moving to linebacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way is it a possibility. the team was high on Woods in camp, Seau is now a starter

Green is 285 pounds and no way is he fast or quick enough to play LB

we have much better options than to teach a 28 year old to play LB when hes a valuable part of our DL

If I am correct, Woods was hurt in the Philly game,I don't know how bad but he was attended to for a minute or so.

If I am correct, Woods was hurt in the Philly game,I don't know how bad but he was attended to for a minute or so.

we'll find out tomorrow whats wrong but either way..Alexander, Brown, Woods will all get to play LB before Green.

IT IS, and always has been, an absolute NON-STARTER. It's not just about size, it's about skill-set and quicks and position-specific talents. Jarvis is quick, I guess, but for a DL., not an LB.

Agree, it's not happenin'. Jarvis is a DL.

What we've seen in the past is that BB's cross-position moves start in training camp so that the player can properly learn the new assignment. Since we haven't heard of any Green to LB moves from the team before now I can't imagine there's any possibility of it happening. The Patriots don't just randomly change player assignments, it's a deliberate process.

Also let me point out that if you wanted to seriously suggest this, bringing such an old thread back to life is dumb. An offseason 2006 perspective has little relevance now.

Last edited:
thats funny that this was bumped again.

I thought it was a good idea at the time.
And it's a possibility.:)

thats funny that this was bumped again.

I thought it was a good idea at the time.
And it's a possibility.:)

I supported you then and I support you now.

Even though this idea won't happen.

well he DID play some OLB before...was used more like McG...so THAt could happen..more situational....but with Woods etc..I doubt that it will..although one never knows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back