PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Talk: Moss, Pats not close; Moss to Dallas possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the combine itself talk?

If so, how does that work?

Ray, I don't think the combine itself talks, but I do consider it like a week long break around the water cooler for NFL folks. Ya know, a little gossip ( mostly about the Pats,) and probably a smaller amount of time to talk about actual players participating in the combine. No wonder BB doesn't go.

OK, I am not freaking out yet. But my heart sank when I read the title of this thread.

I will be very, very upset if this comes to fruition.

Ok so I did a little research on the Dallas Cowboys cap situation to see if this rumor is even possible...turns out they have less than 8 million in cap space WITHOUT Canty, Flo, and Barber. They also have the 2 1st round draft picks etc. to sign. So theres ZERO chance this rumor is true.

sorry the Cowboys have less than 9 million in cap space...excuse that.

I love these bull**** rumors posted by some douchebag reporter who has no access to Belichick whatsoever. Meanwhile, the entire PatsFans message board is in a panic due to a printed article without any substantiation whatsoever.

Oh! I also remember a rumor that Randy Moss was to be cut by the New England Patriots organization prior to the start of the regular season.

Ray, I don't think the combine itself talks, but I do consider it like a week long break around the water cooler for NFL folks. Ya know, a little gossip ( mostly about the Pats,) and probably a smaller amount of time to talk about actual players participating in the combine. No wonder BB doesn't go.

So he's reporting anonymous rumors from unnamed sources. Yeah, that's a lot different than the rest of the year.:D

Ok so I did a little research on the Dallas Cowboys cap situation to see if this rumor is even possible...turns out they have less than 8 million in cap space WITHOUT Canty, Flo, and Barber. They also have the 2 1st round draft picks etc. to sign. So theres ZERO chance this rumor is true.

On the drive home I was thinking the same thing, its gotta be near impossible to have both TO and Moss on the same team, unless of course Moss signs on for a huge discount, and if he's gonna do that, wouldnt it be with the patriots?

This is why people need to relax. It's rumor season.

This is TO's contract year. You would have to be certifiable to try to match those two up under that circumstance. And then there is the matter of how TO feels about his teamate, HIS QB... A menage a tois of those proportions in Dallas could get someone killed. Probably Wade.

Last edited:
This is TO's contract year. You would have to be certifiable to try to match those two up under that circumstance. And then there is the matter of how TO feels about his teamate, HIS QB... A menage a tois of those proportions in Dallas could get someone killed. Probably Wade.

I'm not freaking out about Dallas.

I'm freaking out about the potential of a wide gap between what Moss wants and the Pats will pay.

But I'm not really freaking out. Yet. Maybe a little.

You're freaking ME out with all this freaking out about the "Freak"...please, freaking stop will ya'?

You're freaking ME out with all this freaking out about the "Freak"...please, freaking stop will ya'?
I do remember when Jevon Kearse was a franchise player in the NFL.

I'm trying my freaking best!

I really doubt these rumors. Remember last year when everyone was saying that the 49ers were a shoe-in to get Adalius? I don't remember anyone mentioning the Pats even being a possibility. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere you hear the night before the draft that the Patriots are going to be big players in the free agent market. I think the Moss going to Dallas is just the media's wet dream.

I'm not freaking out about Dallas.

I'm freaking out about the potential of a wide gap between what Moss wants and the Pats will pay.

But I'm not really freaking out. Yet. Maybe a little.

At least wait until Friday - when a deal could be announced (I really think it's done).

Randy is inta juice and brady and getting a s/bowl ring. He has money, I took him at his word of not looking to break the bank, just looking for what he found right here.

Man, if he was stringing us along, i will be pissed.

At least wait until Friday - when a deal could be announced (I really think it's done).

Randy is inta juice and brady and getting a s/bowl ring. He has money, I took him at his word of not looking to break the bank, just looking for what he found right here.

Man, if he was stringing us along, i will be pissed.

I share your feelings precisely.

I'm not really freaking out yet, but I'm anxious for Friday to come around.

Haven't we learned this year that rumors tend to have more to do with a given reporter's agenda than with any actual facts? And, since everyone hates the Patriots so much right now, is it unreasonable to figure that this news is simply the result of the media trying to wish something into existence (kinda like the walkthrough tapes)?

Straight bullshyt homey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back